Side Quest Bug already!

So I am currently having to do a 2nd playthrough of the game due to a side quest bug.

There is a side quest called Treasure of the Seven Seas where you have to return a bird to a pirate. It's actually pretty simple, however for myself and a few other people, the bird either does not appear or it does appear but when you go to bring the bird back, it stops then disappears.

Just be careful all. No known fix at this moment.

This is with the Day 1 patch as well 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BusyFace13 said:

I just checked the PS4 version of the game on the PS App and 7% of players have the Platinum across PSN as a whole. Sounds like the bug may be common but not a certainty. Still, pretty fucking annoying.

which considering the game is only officially released in australia and wherever its midnight.

game releases on the 18th, deluxe edition get 3 days extra which is midnight monday, so anyone playing now is pre-release

One of my Soma Petals didn’t pop up after picking it up. I killed the boss, and he dropped a soma petal… I picked it up but the notification for it didn’t show up as it always does.

Anyone with a similar case? Still fine or bugged now? Kinda killing the motivation to clean up the game now 😅

5 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

One of my Soma Petals didn’t pop up after picking it up. I killed the boss, and he dropped a soma petal… I picked it up but the notification for it didn’t show up as it always does.

Anyone with a similar case? Still fine or bugged now? Kinda killing the motivation to clean up the game now 😅

I think it may have happened to me as well. I picked up the petal and I got the purple screen and sound that usually happens after you pick one up, but no petal showed up on screen. I'll only find out after I gather the rest.

7 hours ago, RatedRedge said:

I think it may have happened to me as well. I picked up the petal and I got the purple screen and sound that usually happens after you pick one up, but no petal showed up on screen. I'll only find out after I gather the rest.

I picked it up, in moved into the air… then the notification screen should happen, but it didn’t happen. The game just went on going, but the petal was gone. And I don’t know how much petal pieces I had before picking it up, otherwise I could have counted it. Well, just hope it’s a visually bug. At least the Parrot side quest worked for me 😅

Let me know if you get the trophy anyway please. Hopefully I can continue today.

Edited by xIRockyRock

On 1/15/2024 at 2:29 PM, Skydante said:

Hello,

Same issue here.

On your 2nd playthrough, did you redo all the side quests or was it enough to do the parrot quest ?

Thanks

all the side quests again. I just played through a 2nd time anyway and got it done in 12 hours 

On 1/14/2024 at 12:59 AM, GeniePlatinum said:

There is a side quest called Treasure of the Seven Seas where you have to return a bird to a pirate. 

So, when is the best point to back up your save? Before entering the Sunken Harbour or before talking to the Pirate Captain? 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 2:34 PM, xIRockyRock said:

I'm unfortunately having the same issue which Is keeping me from getting my Platinum. Getting all of the petal is the last trophy I need. I knew something was amiss because it's saying I have 25/26 treasure for the Lower City- but I followed a guide so I know I didnt miss anything. 

I don't have the game yet but I've been following this page because I was hoping Ubisoft would have patched it by now.

However, I stumbled across this video and it claims to have the solution to it. Could somebody test it and see if it works?

• Like 1

It just bugged for me (PS5) that's after todays patch (the patch notes say nothing about fixing it though)

The determination to whether you’re going to get the bug or not is if upon accepting the quest and looking at your quest log, the Treasures of the Seven Seas one is completely blank. If it is, you will get the bird glitch. If there is actual texts, you’re good.

Edited by Spraragen88
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, daylight_EX said:

I don't have the game yet but I've been following this page because I was hoping Ubisoft would have patched it by now.

However, I stumbled across this video and it claims to have the solution to it. Could somebody test it and see if it works?

Unfortunately this doesn't work

I have a different side quest bugged it seems. I can't start the quest for the man who wants to find the moon. Every time I accept the quest the game just locks up and nothing happens and the only way to get out of it is to close the game. Such a shame with all these glitches since the game is actually quite good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spraragen88 said:

The determination to whether you’re going to get the bug or not is if upon accepting the quest and looking at your quest log, the Treasures of the Seven Seas one is completely blank. If it is, you will get the bird glitch. If there is actual texts, you’re good.

That's good to know.

16 hours ago, Foremanskin said:

I have a different side quest bugged it seems. I can't start the quest for the man who wants to find the moon. Every time I accept the quest the game just locks up and nothing happens and the only way to get out of it is to close the game. Such a shame with all these glitches since the game is actually quite good.

Same thing happened to me

On 1/19/2024 at 1:00 AM, Foremanskin said:

I got this too. Game just stops working but found a way to continue. 

When he first asks you to accept the quest, select no. Speak with him again and then select yes, the quest should continue

• Like 1