Star Wars The Phantom Menace

hey everyone 

dont know if anyone else has asked this but just saw the old Star Wars The Phantom Menace  but i think it has been redone for the PS4/PS5 seeing as it has a release date of 16/1/24 what i want to know is does anyone know if this game has any trophies as i have searched the site for the name of the game but dont see any  

thanks in advance 

24 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Yea I really wish Sony would have mandated trophies. 

Agreed, but im especially puzzled on why not a single third party bothered adding trophies to these games after almost 2 years(aside from square with Valkyrie profile lenneth but thats a special outlier that wasnt available on plus premium). Id expect maybe only 30-50% of publishers bothering but not every single third party neglecting this much requested feature. Im generally curious if theres other factors preventing more games from getting trophy suoport because it doesn't make sense as to why there has yet to be a single third party publisher to add trophies to a game. Especially considering that a lot of these lists are so barebones beat each stage to get platinum lists and the way the emulator works(where it looks for scenes or certain words) make it seem trophies would be way easier to implement then it would a modern game.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

Agreed, but im especially puzzled on why not a single third party bothered adding trophies to these games after almost 2 years(aside from square with Valkyrie profile lenneth but thats a special outlier that wasnt available on plus premium). Id expect maybe only 30-50% of publishers bothering but not every single third party neglecting this much requested feature. Im generally curious if theres other factors preventing more games from getting trophy suoport because it doesn't make sense as to why there has yet to be a single third party publisher to add trophies to a game. Especially considering that a lot of these lists are so barebones beat each stage to get platinum lists and the way the emulator works(where it looks for scenes or certain words) make it seem trophies would be way easier to implement then it would a modern game.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense that every 3rd party release has forgone trophy support.

I suspect that all of the actual work in preparing these for release is handled by Sony themselves (or specifically Implicit Conversions the team they contract the work out to), where 3rd parties either don't actually have a choice of including trophies, or Sony charge an additional fee for the work involved with adding trophies. I'm leaning more towards not being given the choice, as we know including trophies with a game adds value to it and potentially attracts people who otherwise wouldn't be interested in a game. For the 3rd parties with multiple releases, if they had the option you would have thought they would have had a go with at least one release to see how they do.

Sony are already paying for these 3rd party games to be included in PS+ so perhaps they cheap out a bit and don't want to foot the bill themselves for the effort required in adding trophies to them... but they can write off the cost of adding them to their own games.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...