Deleting trophies

I already know the answer to a degree but I didn't know if any of you brilliant lot had any more information.

I went on holiday to a caravan park. It had its own ps3. I used my sign in I.d to log in and then for what ever reason the trophies earned on that ps3 came onto my list. Now I suppose i wouldn't be moaning if it was 250 100% completed platinum games. But it was seven games with 1 bronze trophies etc most games are unobtainable platinums like bad company 1 and 2 angry birds pes2012 army of 2. Is there no way you can delete the code for these games so as it deletes the trophies? I know you can delete a list if you haven't earned any trophies I just wanted to know if there was a work around as it really bugs me.

Thanks for any input.

2 hours ago, Shep_of_Coseley said:

I already know the answer to a degree but I didn't know if any of you brilliant lot had any more information.

I went on holiday to a caravan park. It had its own ps3. I used my sign in I.d to log in and then for what ever reason the trophies earned on that ps3 came onto my list. Now I suppose i wouldn't be moaning if it was 250 100% completed platinum games. But it was seven games with 1 bronze trophies etc most games are unobtainable platinums like bad company 1 and 2 angry birds pes2012 army of 2. Is there no way you can delete the code for these games so as it deletes the trophies? I know you can delete a list if you haven't earned any trophies I just wanted to know if there was a work around as it really bugs me.

Thanks for any input.

im stuck with fifa 16 from years ago , i have to suck it up, i dont like hiding anything either so im screwed both ways its shame u cant remove them , even worse when the platinums are not obtainable

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, CymroMatt said:

Why on earth did the trophies earned on that specific console appear on your list?

Sounds to me like there was a blank account already on the PS3 and OP decided to put their PSN information into that account, rather than make a new blank account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

It’s not limited to PS3. Anyone can create a local non-PSN connected account on a console and later sign in with a PSN connected account and have the previously unsynced trophy lists and trophies synced to the signed in account. 

It’s a hard lesson, but blindly trusting a public console to put your account in it is pretty risky. At minimum all existing accounts on the machine should be deleted before even thinking about putting your account and credentials on it. 

This^

Whenever you buy a second-hand console, the first thing you should always do is format the hard drive and make sure the latest official firmware is installed, that way it's far less likely you will get a nasty surprise later on when signing in with your own account.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

Sadly you can't delete trophy lists with at least one trophy earned, I know it bugs you but this is all about learning, this is why I'm against 100% profiles (against the whole purpose of it, not the players just to clarify).

Otherwise you'll endend up creating a lot of accounts and wasting time, because we're not perfect and we can make mistakes easily, my suggestion is to hide those lists and be more careful from now on, specially because there's a lot of Hacked consoles nowdays.

Recently A friend bought a PS3 and luckly he asked me first before loging in with his account, PS3 turned out hacked, he ended up returning the console. I Don't know if in Europe or USA this is common but in South America 80% of the systems are hacked so if you are a trophy hunter here you're at risk of such things.

Anyway... it's ok mate, just lesson learned! I know you'll be more careful from now on, best wishes.

Edited by NajiLionheart
  • Like 1