Best way to get the DLCs?

Hey, this game has been in my backlog for way too long and I want to go for the 100% soon. I bought the Blacks Ops 3 + Zombies Chronicles pack some time ago, now I'm wondering which would be the best or cheapest way to get all the remaining zombies dlcs?

Is everything included in the Season pass, if yes does it ever go on sale?

While you can get the Season Pass for the zombie maps needed for the 100% it also includes some MP maps hence the $50 price tag. The last time that pass supposedly went on sale was back in 2022, at least according to PSPrices. The way I got it for cheaper is you can actually buy each individual map for $8 for a total of $32 USD if you search the name of each map on the store.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EDJ3DG said:

While you can get the Season Pass for the zombie maps needed for the 100% it also includes some MP maps hence the $50 price tag. The last time that pass supposedly went on sale was back in 2022, at least according to PSPrices. The way I got it for cheaper is you can actually buy each individual map for $8 for a total of $32 USD if you search the name of each map on the store.

The only problem with that is you need to complete The Giant EE before you can do Revelations EE (or someone in your co op party must have completed it) and I don't think you can buy the Giant by itself, you need the Season  Pass to get it, it seems...I couldn't buy it separately when I owned BO 3 + Zombie Chronicles and nothing else.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Poindexter2291 said:

The only problem with that is you need to complete The Giant EE before you can do Revelations EE (or someone in your co op party must have completed it) and I don't think you can buy the Giant by itself, you need the Season  Pass to get it, it seems...I couldn't buy it separately when I owned BO 3 + Zombie Chronicles and nothing else.  

Oh damn, I didn't know about this. The way I got Revelations done was someone in my party had already completed it beforehand. Good shout out 👍

59 minutes ago, Poindexter2291 said:

Eh, unless OP is planning on doing Revelations solo then it wouldn’t matter.

Since having all the gate worms yourself would also require Shadows of Evil, which is a mandatory 4 player, and requires actual  coordination whereas Revelations can be carried through.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Since having all the gate worms yourself would also require Shadows of Evil, which is a mandatory 4 player, and requires actual  coordination whereas Revelations can be carried through.

I would clarify and say "unless OP is planning on doing Revelations solo or with randoms" because:
1) doing any easter egg with randoms is tough in and of itself, and

2) it's entirely possible you will be in a lobby with 3 randoms who have not completed the Giant EE

I have done a handful of COD EE's with randoms so it's not impossible to do, but Revelations WOULD require you to have someone in your lobby who has completed the Giant. And there's no way to tell unless one of them has a mic and tells you that. 

Edited by Poindexter2291

11 hours ago, Poindexter2291 said:

If I'm right this wasn't always the case. I recall buying The Giant by itself for about £5 when the game was still in its lifecycle

1 hour ago, MadEdders95 said:

If I'm right this wasn't always the case. I recall buying The Giant by itself for about £5 when the game was still in its lifecycle

Maybe someone else can confirm, all I know is that I cannot purchase the Giant as a standalone DLC, it says "unavailable" so the only way for me to get it is through the Season Pass. I didn't realize it until I already bought Der Eisandrache and another map pack so I was pretty annoyed. 

28 minutes ago, Poindexter2291 said:

Maybe someone else can confirm, all I know is that I cannot purchase the Giant as a standalone DLC, it says "unavailable" so the only way for me to get it is through the Season Pass. I didn't realize it until I already bought Der Eisandrache and another map pack so I was pretty annoyed. 

It is purchasable separately when I open the PSN store when signed out. I already have bought the Season Pass so I got The Giant with it however it can be bought separately. Note that the Season Pass doesn't include the Zombies Chronicles though, so that will be another separate purchase to be made.

Edited by XxIsa-GxX

2 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

It is purchasable separately when I open the PSN store when signed out. I already have bought the Season Pass so I got The Giant with it however it can be bought separately. Note that the Season Pass doesn't include the Zombies Chronicles though, so that will be another separate purchase to be made.

"When signed out " - my guess is that means the store doesnt recognize that you already own the game or whatever bundle you have. Try it again while signed in and see if it says unavailable, otherwise I suspect you might have trouble installing something that the store says is "unavailable" while you're signed in. I hope I'm wrong but I'd rather someone know before wasting their $ like I did

16 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

As I said, since I have the season pass it’s automatically “purchased” for me.

Ok, then your comment about what is "purchasable" separately is not valid. The store makes certain items "unavailable" for purchase based on what you've already purchased in the store. Unless somebody can confirm that they can purchase The Giant while already owning BO 3 & Zombie Chronicles, then I would advise every one to be very careful about buying each map pack separately for the purposes of getting 100% of the trophies. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Poindexter2291 said:

Ok, then your comment about what is "purchasable" separately is not valid. The store makes certain items "unavailable" for purchase based on what you've already purchased in the store. Unless somebody can confirm that they can purchase The Giant while already owning BO 3 & Zombie Chronicles, then I would advise every one to be very careful about buying each map pack separately for the purposes of getting 100% of the trophies. 

You do know that Zombies Chronicles and The Giant are entirely different DLCs, released on different years, and BO3 Zombies Chronicles version doesn’t include The Giant right?

If you really want to get The Giant, you can simply open a new account from same country/region and purchase from there too you know?

Plus, if you find a player that has the gateworm for The Giant and SoE (there are a lot of people that can help out on CoD discords) then you don’t even need The Giant.

Either way you won’t be locked out of 100% and you can always find a workaround unless the DLCs get delisted. So your comment is also not valid.

9 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

1 - You do know that Zombies Chronicles and The Giant are entirely different DLCs, released on different years, and BO3 Zombies Chronicles version doesn’t include The Giant right?

2 - If you really want to get The Giant, you can simply open a new account from same country/region and purchase from there too you know?

3 - Plus, if you find a player that has the gateworm for The Giant and SoE (there are a lot of people that can help out on CoD discords) then you don’t even need The Giant.

4 - Either way you won’t be locked out of 100% and you can always find a workaround unless the DLCs get delisted. So your comment is also not valid.

1 - yes I know that. I don't know WHY the store prevents me from buying the Giant separately, but it does. I cannot explain the why, I can only explain my experience in the store of being locked out of purchasing the Giant separately, having already owned BO3 and Zombie Chronicles

2 - I am pretty sure the acceptability of multiple accounts and "gamesharing" content between accounts is fuzzy at best, and prohibited at worst. I have seen comments on these forums about that being grounds for a ban (either from PSN Profiles or PSN itself). To me, it is not worth the risk. It is much more useful to know the limitations of purchasing the content prior to starting the journey so people know. After that, they can make an educated decision. If they want to game share and take the risk that is their decision, but people should know about this. Best case scenario, creating a separate account just to purchase the DLC is a "workaround" that most people would not be aware of especially if its not listed in a guide somewhere. 

3 - This is highly luck dependent or you would have to set up a session and hope to find someone who has those gateworms completed. It's not impossible but it adds extra layers of difficulty and luck

4 - my comment was that you cannot purchase the Giant separately if you own BO 3 and Zombie Chronicles, which is true unless anybody can prove otherwise (which you have not)... so I think you're confused  

17 minutes ago, Poindexter2291 said:

1 - yes I know that. I don't know WHY the store prevents me from buying the Giant separately, but it does. I cannot explain the why, I can only explain my experience in the store of being locked out of purchasing the Giant separately, having already owned BO3 and Zombie Chronicles

2 - I am pretty sure the acceptability of multiple accounts and "gamesharing" content between accounts is fuzzy at best, and prohibited at worst. I have seen comments on these forums about that being grounds for a ban (either from PSN Profiles or PSN itself). To me, it is not worth the risk. It is much more useful to know the limitations of purchasing the content prior to starting the journey so people know. After that, they can make an educated decision. If they want to game share and take the risk that is their decision, but people should know about this. Best case scenario, creating a separate account just to purchase the DLC is a "workaround" that most people would not be aware of especially if its not listed in a guide somewhere. 

3 - This is highly luck dependent or you would have to set up a session and hope to find someone who has those gateworms completed. It's not impossible but it adds extra layers of difficulty and luck

4 - my comment was that you cannot purchase the Giant separately if you own BO 3 and Zombie Chronicles, which is true unless anybody can prove otherwise (which you have not)... so I think you're confused  

1 - Can you share the screenshot from your store, for The Giant DLC so we can understand why it causes it (from “Learn More”)

2 - You’re not account sharing with a random but rather you’re creating a back-up account for yourself, by using your ID and payment method etc. Otherwise it would also be prohibited and fuzzy to play other region stacks for games (e.g. Injustice)

3 - That can be right, however there are discord servers and communities that are present online likes of ones from YouTubers so you can at least widen your opportunities. Although it can be luck involved still to some extend

4 - The Giant was released at 2016 and Zombies Chronicles at 2017, so those are not related at all in any way. Please provide us a screenshot of your store-end, from learn more section at DLC page before making estimations for non-related things, which were released at different dates. Don’t forget that before Zombies Chronicles editions, BO3 also had different versions such as Gold Edition. However it’s delisted and replaced with Zombies Chronicles edition, so we may not fully identify the issue

23 hours ago, Poindexter2291 said:

I would clarify and say "unless OP is planning on doing Revelations solo or with randoms" because:
1) doing any easter egg with randoms is tough in and of itself, and

2) it's entirely possible you will be in a lobby with 3 randoms who have not completed the Giant EE

I have done a handful of COD EE's with randoms so it's not impossible to do, but Revelations WOULD require you to have someone in your lobby who has completed the Giant. And there's no way to tell unless one of them has a mic and tells you that. 

I mean... if anyone's trying to seriously attempt an Easter Egg with randoms for anything other than a YouTube challenge then that's on them.

1 hour ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

1 - Can you share the screenshot from your store, for The Giant DLC so we can understand why it causes it (from “Learn More”)

2 - You’re not account sharing with a random but rather you’re creating a back-up account for yourself, by using your ID and payment method etc. Otherwise it would also be prohibited and fuzzy to play other region stacks for games (e.g. Injustice)

3 - That can be right, however there are discord servers and communities that are present online likes of ones from YouTubers so you can at least widen your opportunities. Although it can be luck involved still to some extend

4 - The Giant was released at 2016 and Zombies Chronicles at 2017, so those are not related at all in any way. Please provide us a screenshot of your store-end, from learn more section at DLC page before making estimations for non-related things, which were released at different dates. Don’t forget that before Zombies Chronicles editions, BO3 also had different versions such as Gold Edition. However it’s delisted and replaced with Zombies Chronicles edition, so we may not fully identify the issue

I can get a screenshot when I get home tonight if I remember. 

41 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I mean... if anyone's trying to seriously attempt an Easter Egg with randoms for anything other than a YouTube challenge then that's on them.

I've done a handful of COD EE's with randoms. Success rate is low but if you play the maps enough eventually you are bound to get some high level players who know what they are doing. I sometimes personally prefer this over coordinating a session on PSN Profiles, for some reason it's more fun to me to try and get it through normal play than with a group being led by 1 person who's telling everyone exactly what to do which is typical in these COD EE groups. 

Thank you for the replies, looks like I should go for the safer variant and get the season pass then, just because of the giant. Obviously I would try to do the EEs with a boosting group, but there is no guarantee that someone has done the giants EE before. Just hoping the Season Pass will be on sale soon.

On 1/22/2024 at 12:26 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

Don't forget about the Shangri-La map in the chronicles DLC. I know OP was asking about the season pass maps, but the Shangri-La easter egg requires 4 players due to the 4 tiles needed to be stepped on in the spawn area.

Edited by wackt1

qPLlA4F.png

TkBCI86.png

On 1/25/2024 at 5:30 PM, DaaneS97 said:

Thank you for the replies, looks like I should go for the safer variant and get the season pass then, just because of the giant. Obviously I would try to do the EEs with a boosting group, but there is no guarantee that someone has done the giants EE before. Just hoping the Season Pass will be on sale soon.

I have been waiting for the Season Pass to go on sale for years. They keep putting BO 3 + Zombie Chronicles on sale but I have never seen the Season Pass on sale

Edited by Poindexter2291

17 hours ago, wackt1 said:

Don't forget about the Shangri-La map in the chronicles DLC. I know OP was asking about the season pass maps, but the Shangri-La easter egg requires 4 players due to the 4 tiles needed to be stepped on in the spawn area.

Yeah, I was solely referring to the first batch of DLCs. Because something like Origins can be way easier with a group, same thing with Moon.