What level did you get to before starting the final area for NG+ Legend?

To answer this, I went in with the party at 90/89. Got enough experience for 1 level going through, but tbh not really sure that last level was needed. Just get to 91 or 92 and put the game on normal to blast through until the final boss, cause some of the enemies in there are annoying on Legend. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

To answer this, I went in with the party at 90/89. Got enough experience for 1 level going through, but tbh not really sure that last level was needed. Just get to 91 or 92 and put the game on normal to blast through until the final boss, cause some of the enemies in there are annoying on Legend. 

Wait, you mean you can just turn the difficulty up right before the final boss ?

Edited by Shorah-

41 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

Wait, you mean you can just turn the difficulty up right before the final boss ?

Yes, the only check is the final boss for Kiryu. You also have to beat him twice (once for hard and once for Legend so don't overwrite your save).

You will have to grind levels in Legend mode to get to the appropriate level, but it's not that bad. For Ichiban's party, I just left the game on normal and steamrolled it since he doesn't have to do any fight on Legend. So my Kiryu party was in the 90's while poor Ichiban was left in the 70's.

Honestly, I wish everyone got exp regardless of which group you're controlling (minus Premium Adventure cause it does work that way).

• Like 2

You truly made my day! Never knew (or read anywhere) that you can turn the difficulty up or down, and you will still get both Hard and Legend trophies if you beat ONLY the final boss on that difficulty respectively. 

I agree with you about the EXP grind for both parties, I wish everybody gets the EXP. Still an amazing game, better than I expected. 

Congrats on the platinum and good luck with Yakuza 3!

Edit: nevermind I think I read this thread wrong

So basically in ng+ you just need to:

Playthrough the kiryu parts in legendary (for leveling purposes) but not the kasuga parts and you get credit for difficulty trophies specifically based on the very last boss fight and can change difficulties otherwise at will?

I also did not see this mentioned anywhere else, quite good to know I'd say haha

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS

1 hour ago, Shorah- said:

Any job suggestion for legend ?

I'm sure there's way better strats than mine, but for the final fight I went Kiryu/Seonhee/Nanba/Saeko. Kiryu + Seonhee as default jobs, Nanba as Host and Saeko as Geodancer. Geodancer has the best heal cause it takes care of status ailments. I put Noisy Racket (reduces attack and magic on enemy) and Lover's Lob (reduces defense) on both women. For the men, I had Glory Awaits (increases attack + critical hit chance). 

Basically, just keep buffing yourself and debuffing the boss. The boss can use a heal move that cancels debuffs on him, but you can just reapply them right after. Fight wasn't too bad with this strat. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 3:13 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

I'm sure there's way better strats than mine, but for the final fight I went Kiryu/Seonhee/Nanba/Saeko. Kiryu + Seonhee as default jobs, Nanba as Host and Saeko as Geodancer. Geodancer has the best heal cause it takes care of status ailments. I put Noisy Racket (reduces attack and magic on enemy) and Lover's Lob (reduces defense) on both women. For the men, I had Glory Awaits (increases attack + critical hit chance). 

Basically, just keep buffing yourself and debuffing the boss. The boss can use a heal move that cancels debuffs on him, but you can just reapply them right after. Fight wasn't too bad with this strat. 

Hello my friend 

I’m at the end of the story on legend and my Kiryu team is on lvl 70 

Do you have a advice how I can get quickly to lvl 80-90 ? Thank you very much 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, amir_saman96 said:

Hello my friend 

I’m at the end of the story on legend and my Kiryu team is on lvl 70 

Do you have a advice how I can get quickly to lvl 80-90 ? Thank you very much 

Just use the Yokohama dungeon. I just kept doing the first two floors (the vagabond that drops a ton of exp is usually on floor 1 or 2 of each sector). Just play on hard (or legend) until you're around 85ish and then just fight over world enemies. 

3 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Just use the Yokohama dungeon. I just kept doing the first two floors (the vagabond that drops a ton of exp is usually on floor 1 or 2 of each sector). Just play on hard (or legend) until you're around 85ish and then just fight over world enemies. 

Thank you my friend 

I started on Legend but dropped down to Hard about 75% through because I hit a wall when I was 12 levels lower than a boss. Finished the rest on Hard and then loaded my save before the end and grinded to level 95. Switched to Legend at the save area before the final boss and mopped the floor with him. If you are anywhere near level 90 and have a good healer you should be fine.

On 2/9/2024 at 2:13 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

What about powerpyx’s suggestion making the whole party aquanauts and idols? Anyone else get on well with this set up? This is what im aiming for

3 hours ago, mike_87 said:

What about powerpyx’s suggestion making the whole party aquanauts and idols? Anyone else get on well with this set up? This is what im aiming for

To be honest, even the default jobs are powerful in this game. Excluding the boss fights, Adachi’s Arrest skill, under his Detective job if I remember correctly, is capable of putting out an enemy out of a fight. You can mix the jobs or even keep them on default at your own leasure.

However, it would be beneficial to grind out job levels and your bond levels between the party cast to take advantage of Skill Inheritance feature. That way, let’s say a Geodancer Chitose can also have essential skills from Kunoichi, Heiress, Tennis Ace, and Housekeeper job, and so on… This applies to all jobs/characters.

You’re not restricted when it comes to which skill to inherit, unlike Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and makes a huge difference (also the stat boost earned from the jobs are also permanent in Infinite Wealth).

Edited by XxIsa-GxX

1 hour ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

To be honest, even the default jobs are powerful in this game. Excluding the boss fights, Adachi’s Arrest skill, under his Detective job if I remember correctly, is capable of putting out an enemy out of a fight. You can mix the jobs or even keep them on default at your own leasure.

However, it would be beneficial to grind out job levels and your bond levels between the party cast to take advantage of Skill Inheritance feature. That way, let’s say a Geodancer Chitose can also have essential skills from Kunoichi, Heiress, Tennis Ace, and Housekeeper job, and so on… This applies to all jobs/characters.

You’re not restricted when it comes to which skill to inherit, unlike Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and makes a huge difference (also the stat boost earned from the jobs are also permanent in Infinite Wealth).

Thanks, and the fastest way to grind to level 90 really is foghting the vagabonds in the first two floors of yokohama right? Or does anyone have a faster way? You have to keep reloading and going through the first two floors of the dungeon after all

8 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

Thanks, and the fastest way to grind to level 90 really is foghting the vagabonds in the first two floors of yokohama right? Or does anyone have a faster way? You have to keep reloading and going through the first two floors of the dungeon after all

Yeah, either against Vagabonds in Yokohama Underground or you can also utilize Big Swell dungeon too if you’re in Premium Adventure mode.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 5:36 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

Im doing the first section of yokohama dungeon the first two floors but no vagabonds are showing…anyone know why?

10 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Yeah, either against Vagabonds in Yokohama Underground or you can also utilize Big Swell dungeon too if you’re in Premium Adventure mode.

Seems really slow though doing the first two dungeon floors in yokohama and not finding a vagabond hardly, overwritten my premium adventure file too with legend NG+

36 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

Mind you the transcendent transients also seem to give alot of hefty exp

Thanks for pointing this out and yeah, defeating a group of 2 Transcedent Transients gave around 150,000 EXP when I was clearing the EX-Floor in Yokohama Underground.