Trophy Thoughts?

Lil-Gameboy123

Jet Moto 2 is officially here and the trophies look somewhat similar to the first game.

But there are a couple different ones this time: there’s one trophy where we need to avoid falling off the track on The Shaft track. Another trophy has us complete a loop around the geyser on another track. But the biggest introduction here is the stunt race trophies, with one trophy having us acquire 50 points off of a trick. We also need to look at the game’s trophy cabinet when we have 4 or more slots filled in (which I believe will come naturally just by playing the game).

Now, I’m most likely going to assume the original cheat codes for Jet Moto 2 will work here and make this another 2 hour platinum like the first game in terms of unlocking the tracks quickly and other cheats. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Lil-Gameboy123

I wonder if they’ve emulated the original version or the updated “championship edition”.

Not a game I’m particularly interested in but just wondered. Actually would be cool if they emulated both versions and let players switch between them, like they sometimes do with NTSC or PAL. 

3 hours ago, VeldinX said:

I wonder if they’ve emulated the original version or the updated “championship edition”.

Not a game I’m particularly interested in but just wondered. Actually would be cool if they emulated both versions and let players switch between them, like they sometimes do with NTSC or PAL. 

It looks to be the original version only.

25 minutes ago, Bawzton said:

Anyone know a good guide for the trophy case? I cant find anything online. 

When you boot the game, just do a full season and win. You'll have 3 in your case. Then turn on stunt racing and you'll get the trophy when you visit your trophy case. 

That's pretty much the easiest way to get that one imo. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Enigma blocks trophies from unlocking if you pick them as your racer. 

Just the Win trophies (Single Track, Season, and Custom Curcuits) and the Boosted Potential trophy. Enigma can still be used to unlock all the other trophies.

Edited by ZodiacWolve
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

here are the cheats if someone wants to test this when the game becomes available:

Jet Moto 2 Cheats For PlayStation

Jet Moto 1 Tracks

Set the difficulty to Master and laps to 5. Go to 1 player mode and choose Li'l Dave. Go back to the main menu and press Up, Down, Left, Right, R2, R1, L2, L1. Now go and set the laps to 3 then go back and select Wild Ride, then exit back out to the main menu and press Up, Left, Down, Right, Square, R2, O, L2. All the button sequences must be pressed within 4 seconds. Now you can play all the tracks from Jet Moto 1, just go to the track select and press O on any track to change it to the Jet Moto classic version.

All Tracks

Set the difficulty to amateur, the laps to 3, and turbo off. Go to the one player select screen and choose Bomber. Now exit to the title screen and press Up, Down, Left, Right, Up, Down, Left, Right. Now set difficulty to Professional and turbo on. Go back to the title screen and press R2, R1, L1, L2, R2, R1, L1, L2. All button sequences must be done within 4 seconds. 

Stunt key (earn turbo by doing stunts during races)

-Go to Options
-Set Difficult to "Professional" Laps to "4"
-On TitleScreen, Press Triangle, Down, Right, R2, R1, Up, Left, Square
(cha-ching money sfx from jet moto 1 will be heard)

Once enabled, you'll need to go "Trophy Case" and select the "Jet Moto 2" Stunt Key and press X. Enabling it shows a "888" on your hud. you'll now be able to earn turbo by performing stunts during races)

Unlock Enigma

At the title screen select options and set the difficulty to master and the laps to 6. Press Start and at the title screen press Left, Square, Down, Triangle, Right, O, L1, R1

Misc. Unlockables

Unlockable Unlockable
Win the trophy with Technician. Cyberspace Cam
Win any trophy with The Hun. Frozen Mode
Win any trophy with Vempeera. Increased Agility
Win any trophy with Steele. Remote Control Mode
Win any trophy with Wild Ride. Super Brakes
Win any trophy with Racer. Trick
Win any trophy with Blade. TV Cam
Win any trophy with Gadget. Unlimited Grapple
Win trophy with the Max Unlimited Turbos
Win any trophy with Lil' Dave. Upside-Down Cam
Win trophy with the Bomber Zero Resistance

Cheats do not affect trophies, I used the all tracks and stunt key ones to progress.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, NostalgicMinion said:

Cheats do not affect trophies, I used the all tracks and stunt key ones to progress.

Pretty sure using the Stunt Key locks Season progression, thus you can’t unlock medals. Unless there are other ways to unlock medals aside from Season?

9 minutes ago, ZodiacWolve said:

Pretty sure using the Stunt Key locks Season progression, thus you can’t unlock medals. Unless there are other ways to unlock medals aside from Season?

I did the season races and all that before using the stunt key cheat. I did the stunt stuff last.

You may be right, maybe the stunt key should only be used at the end of it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TreFlip5-0 said:

Im having trouble with this one. They are all way faster then I am. Any tips? I can only win races with Enigma. The CPU is sometimes faster then him.

Yeah for some reason, the AI racers are so much better in this game, even on the easiest setting. I found I can beat them easily on the first 3 tracks, but after that they smoke my ass. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Yeah for some reason, the AI racers are so much better in this game, even on the easiest setting. I found I can beat them easily on the first 3 tracks, but after that they smoke my ass. 

I cant even get past that!

54 minutes ago, TreFlip5-0 said:

I cant even get past that!

I don't really have useful tips for the other tracks, but for After Shock, just drop immediately to the water instead of trying to stay on the concrete. It slows the AI down like crazy so in two laps, you'll have like 30+ seconds ahead of them. The other two beginner tracks, you'll just have to practice. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I don't really have useful tips for the other tracks, but for After Shock, just drop immediately to the water instead of trying to stay on the concrete. It slows the AI down like crazy so in two laps, you'll have like 30+ seconds ahead of them. The other two beginner tracks, you'll just have to practice. 

Got the first platinum, working on PS5 version now.

• Like 2

I'd recommend just doing the first three tracks for any trophies that require winning races and such. I found they were the best to use. Vampeera (was that her name) was pretty reliable, as was Gadget. Stay on Novice, it's not worth bumping up honestly. You can use cheats to unlock the tracks you need to still do.

On 2/21/2024 at 8:09 PM, BestUsername---- said:

8. Select Single track and play any map you think is the fastest. Meltdown takes 2 minutes.

Nice guide! I have a suggestion for this part.

Hammerhead (from Jet Moto 1, under Alternate Tracks) is about 1 minute 30 seconds.
It's a rather easygoing course too, especially when we're not required to win.
The grind barely registers, I watched a few YouTube videos in the background and kept a tally after each race, plus a save to be safe.

• Like 2