How the hell turn aim assist on?

I agree with the default. I don't if this would help you but once I messed with the Y and X axis and acceleration sliders the game became more playable with the sticks. Took some experimenting to get it to that state still not the best but made it way more playable.

Edited by Supankii

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 1:50 PM, Crusad3rp said:

Thx guys for clarifying this. Nice game but undeniable controls and aim system are oldschool ones and it makes horrible experience to play this way nowadays. :( Shame :( Hope Sony will consider bring this series back to life, but with fresh gameplay and modern graphics.

I don't think the game stinks because the controls are "old school," but instead because the controls are not the original way to play it. This was a PSP game that used the 4 symbol face buttons to control aiming, but there was a mode called "Resistance Plus" that let you use the PS3 controller and converted the symbol buttons to the right analog stick. That's why the controls are so stiff and don't actually feel like true right analog stick aiming. I am baffled that they don't even give you the option to play using the original PSP controls. Maybe it will come in a patch down the line. 

I loved this game so much back on the PSP, and can't believe how tedious and boring it is on PS5. I'm only like chapter 8, and can't bring myself to finish it.

If you watch carefully, when the game is loading it says that "Resistance Plus" or whatever is unlocked. So that's why the aim assist is off. That's just how the game works (and did work) in that mode. They have to pick one or the other because it's not something you could toggle on or off in the game. Same with infected mode vs. regular mode.

• 4 weeks later...

Controls can be learned, but would love to have a lock on for those bloody cochroaches, was almost at the end when I realized you can blow up their nests 😂

//WhiteWolfDK 

Edited by WhiteWolfDK
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 12:56 PM, TomHoang said:

I don't think the game stinks because the controls are "old school," but instead because the controls are not the original way to play it. This was a PSP game that used the 4 symbol face buttons to control aiming, but there was a mode called "Resistance Plus" that let you use the PS3 controller and converted the symbol buttons to the right analog stick. That's why the controls are so stiff and don't actually feel like true right analog stick aiming. I am baffled that they don't even give you the option to play using the original PSP controls. Maybe it will come in a patch down the line. 

I loved this game so much back on the PSP, and can't believe how tedious and boring it is on PS5. I'm only like chapter 8, and can't bring myself to finish it.

This is a problem with a lot of the other digital input games they added to the service, particularly the racing games. I think it's because it's trying to process what would normally be four directional digital inputs to a completely free moving analogue stick so depending on the angle you're pushing the stick its inputting several commands at once hence the wild aiming or steering. It's especially bad here that they've turned the auto aim off because the game is designed around it. Enemies are massive bullet sponges even on Easy.

On 3/4/2024 at 8:04 PM, emailking said:

If you watch carefully, when the game is loading it says that "Resistance Plus" or whatever is unlocked. So that's why the aim assist is off. That's just how the game works (and did work) in that mode. They have to pick one or the other because it's not something you could toggle on or off in the game. Same with infected mode vs. regular mode.

Well we have infected mode now so… 

edit; ugh, these damn crawlers man. And the drones. I should’ve put it on easy lol

Edited by Elvick_

If you're having a hard time with the crawlers or drones you have to use the BM001 Razor’s alt fire, the disc that ricochets automatically into enemies. It crushes the crawlers and you don’t even have to charge it much as they are one hit kill. Also for aiming settings that worked for me on PS5 were horizontal half way, vertical slightly under half, acceleration slightly under full bar.