Half-Life: Alyx a possibility? (PSVR2)

Titanomachy_75

Geez, could at least include a source or something lol

Half Life Alyx on PS5/PSVR2 might just be enough to push me into getting a second PS5 and a PSVR2 for the living room.  I'm not holding my breath though, unless Sony pays out the bottom I'm not sure why Valve does it.  I'd think they're perfectly happy keeping the high profile game exclusive to their platform, Steam doesn't have many of those

Sidenote: Being able to plug in a PSVR2 to play PC games on the PC doesn't make them Playstation games, IMO.  If that's the thinking here

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had my hopes up for a second there. 

While we're on the subject of hearing things, I heard that you will be able to finally change your account's country, delete trophies and the PS6 will be natively able to play PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5, PSP, PS Vita and Nokia N-Gage games.

Trust me, my uncle works at Sony!

Briefly mentioned at the bottom of a games announcement article on the PlayStation Blog:

"Also, we’re pleased to share that we are currently testing the ability for PS VR2 players to access additional games on PC to offer even more game variety in addition to the PS VR2 titles available through PS5. We hope to make this support available in 2024, so stay tuned for more updates."

Some PC gamers have been asking for this since the launch of the PSVR2, I wonder if it will make an impact on PSVR2's sales once it's done, but either way will be interesting to see how it works!

• Like 2

This does not mean native support though considering the massive technical hurdles and small fraction of hardware at all compatible with the PSVR2. It is more likely this means streaming solutions or something like Steam Link, that also released for Quest last year.

Here is the source from the person who also developed the PC driver for PSVR:

Edited by Dacroze_
Removed duplicate info due to thread merge
  • Like 1