Episode Aegis DLC announced

persona-3-reload-episode-aegis.jpg

Persona 3 Reload Expansion Pass Adds Episode Aigis: The Answer FES Content

Atlus has confirmed that an epilogue to the Japanese version of the original Persona 3 (that first appeared in the West in Persona 3 FES) will come to Persona 3 Reload later this year. More specifically, Episode Aigis – The Answer will hit the recently released Persona 3 remake as part of its expansion pass this September. 

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Sigrun26 said:

"Currently, we are not considering a revision like with Persona 5 to Persona 5 Royal, which involved significant changes and additions to the original title," Wada said. "Fans can rest assured knowing that Persona 3 Reload offers a complete experience." Kazuhisa Wada, Feb 2, 2024

"He can't keep getting away with it!"  

Edited by JavaNext

Everyone should have known they were going to at best make this DLC when it wasn't in the base game

And as scumfuck as atlus is a dlc is not a "revision" nor will this significantly change the base game so the quote is technically correct besides don't most people say this is unnecessary/cheapens the story as well as being boring grindy battles? 🤣

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

3 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Everyone should have known they were going to at best make this DLC when it wasn't in the base game

And as scumfuck as atlus is a dlc is not a "revision" nor will this significantly change the base game so the quote is technically correct besides don't most people say this is unnecessary/cheapens the story as well as being boring grindy battles? 🤣

The answer was difficult and grindy because you didn’t have access to the compendium IIRC, but the story beats were really really good I thought 

11 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

The Answer was part of a revision in the first place though which is what the context of the quote was asking, and since this is their first time releasing story content as DLC/expansion pass it was purposely misleading in order to capitalize on launch sales. "Technically correct" is the problem, he knew what he was doing and was trying to give people the impression that they shouldn't wait.

Obviously people could guess this was going to happen but it doesn't change the fact that it's anti-consumer crap.

Edited by Sigrun26

14 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

but the story beats were really really good I thought 

Same, I really enjoy the story in The Answer, gives closure to the main game in a way I liked.

Anyway this was obviously gonna happen, part of the reason I didn't buy the game at launch (also still just not a fan of the voice changes.) My plan has just been to grab a used physical copy when it's dirt cheap to avoid the Atlus machine.

Especially cause they're already gonna get me this summer. I am willing to pay $60 again to play SMTV on something that isn't the Switch.

Yeah this is just trash, especially when you got the complete edition with all dlc's. Atlus changed the description for it, since this would had also mean getting this dlc for free. And now we can give them money for something that should had been in the game in the first place.

Edited by Laxus-0

1 hour ago, Sigrun26 said:

"Currently, we are not considering a revision like with Persona 5 to Persona 5 Royal, which involved significant changes and additions to the original title," Wada said. "Fans can rest assured knowing that Persona 3 Reload offers a complete experience." Kazuhisa Wada, Feb 2, 2024

https://www.ign.com/articles/persona-3-reload-wont-get-an-expanded-golden-or-royal-edition-anytime-soon-dev-says

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

The answer was difficult and grindy because you didn’t have access to the compendium IIRC, but the story beats were really really good I thought 

Thats good to hear about the story perhaps i was confusing it with the reception of Marie in golden? 

1 hour ago, Sigrun26 said:

The Answer was part of a revision in the first place though which is what the context of the quote was asking, and since this is their first time releasing story content as DLC/expansion pass it was purposely misleading in order to capitalize on launch sales. "Technically correct" is the problem, he knew what he was doing and was trying to give people the impression that they shouldn't wait.

Obviously people could guess this was going to happen but it doesn't change the fact that it's anti-consumer crap.

And was this advertised as a persona 3 remake or a persona 3 fes/portable remake? Expecting the biggest piece of FES content is on the same level as expecting FeMC

just want to give you a heads up: if the p4 remake is for "persona 4" and not "persona 4 golden" dont go in expecting marie and scooters (until you buy the episode marie dlc)

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

45 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Thats good to hear about the story perhaps i was confusing it with the reception of Marie in golden? 

And was this advertised as a persona 3 remake or a persona 3 fes/portable remake? Expecting the biggest piece of FES content is on the same level as expecting FeMC

just want to give you a heads up: if the p4 remake is for "persona 4" and not "persona 4 golden" dont go in expecting marie and scooters (until you buy the episode marie dlc)

It is misleading, end of it. The game was advertised as persona 3 remake and now it gets the ANSWER dlc which was not part of it. Yes i expect the complete experience including fes, and now we have to pay for that shit. Also i said this in my previous post. Atlus changed the dlc description, knowing very well that the consumer would complain to sony for false advertising/content description.

And when persona 4 remake comes out i expect the marie DLC included in it. The fact that you even are trying to justify this is just pathetic.

Edited by Laxus-0

10 minutes ago, Laxus-0 said:

The game was advertised as persona 3 remake and now it gets the ANSWER dlc which was not part of it. Yes i expect the complete experience including fes, and now we have to pay for that shit. 

Yeah good thing nobody considers fes a re-release. Why aren't you screeching about no FeMC? That was part of the experience as well?  Did you think it was weird that there was absolutely no trophies tied to it? 

I'm not justifying it at all I'm laughing at the idiots/first time atlus players. Im not going to pay for anything? If i want to see the linear story ill watch a video (or read any of the years old summaries) not everyone is "forced to buy" every single piece of DLC with trophies attached like you "are". Can't wait to see you rage a few more years when you get BLINDSIDED by decades old atlus practices.

1 hour ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

And was this advertised as a persona 3 remake or a persona 3 fes/portable remake? Why aren't you screeching about no FeMC? That was part of the experience as well?  Did you think it was weird that there was absolutely no trophies tied to it? 

Yes it was advertised as a persona 3 remake, not a persona 3 remake with FES story content that had clearly already been in production and withheld until a month after release to sell as DLC. Either make it a persona 3 remake and leave it at that or be upfront about whether you're going to sell FES/etc content, instead they tried to weasel around the question.

34 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

I'm not justifying it at all I'm laughing at the idiots/first time atlus players. Im not going to pay for anything? If i want to see the linear story ill watch a video (or read any of the years old summaries) not everyone is "forced to buy" every single piece of DLC with trophies attached like you "are". Can't wait to see you rage a few more years when you get BLINDSIDED by decades old atlus practices.

So your logic is that because they've had shitty business practices for years, everyone should just get used to it and stop commenting on them doing shitty things. Jeez you've really gotten used to licking the corporate boot, huh.

Edited by Sigrun26
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sigrun26 said:

So your logic is that because they've had shitty business practices for years, everyone should just get used to it and stop commenting on them doing shitty things. Jeez you've really gotten used to licking the corporate boot, huh.

Yes I lick their boots despite saying I'm not going to buy it? Did I say people should stop or that I was laughing at people thinking atlus was gonna suddenly change? 

If you think that the PSNP forums are an effective place to lodge complaints against atlus welp.... you guys must be failing because they haven't changed in the last 15 damn years

Edit: I call atlus "scumfucks" and you still claim I lick their boots just because I'm laughing at your expense 😅

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

20 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Yes I lick their boots despite saying I'm not going to buy it? Did I say people should stop or that I was laughing at people thinking atlus was gonna suddenly change? 

If you think that the PSNP forums are an effective place to lodge complaints against atlus welp.... you guys must be failing because they haven't changed in the last 15 damn years

Edit: I call atlus "scumfucks" and you still claim I lick their boots just because I'm laughing at your expense 😅

I mean I never said I was buying it either so I don't see how that would be laughing at my expense. All I did was comment on their shitty practices and you came to the corporate defense force arguing about how they're "technically correct", coming up with justifications for them holding out content, and saying that everyone should just get used to it because it's Atlus. I think the boot did something to your brain you might wanna go to the doctor man.

11 hours ago, JavaNext said:

"He can't keep getting away with it!" 

Quoted myself by accident...

But this feels like a typical Atlus move. They will charge money for any kind of "Extra" content... 

It's becoming more and more common with japanese devs, just look at the last 2 LAD games.

Edited by JavaNext

On 3/15/2024 at 1:26 AM, ToaElnida said:

This makes me wonder, will the Aigis Episode will come with trophies?

Because if not I will definitely wait to a nice and fat discount xD

Because paying 35 bucks for about 30h of content seems a bit overkill

I hope not. I mean i really like this game and also would love to play this piece of content regardless of trophies or not. But i will not pay them this, when the dlc i bought explicitly said that all coming dlc content was included.