New 10/10 Difficulty Game Just Dropped.

For those who might be unaware with Elasto Mania, this is a physics-based bike game, think of it like cheap trials. The achievements for the 2nd game here seem to be identical to the PC version, which based on my knowledge and sources, is going to be really, really hard to achieve. If you click on the link, you can see that on this site completing all achievements is given 325 points. To give a comparison, the best baseline 10/10 we have, Super Meat Boy, is given 80 points. Splasher is 100 points. Ikaruga is 115 points.

So with that comparison, you might be able to tell what I'm trying to say. I expect anyone completing this to provide video proof or leaderboard screenshots upon doing so, and I wish anyone attempting this good luck, you will need it 🫡

Edited by PunisherXD
Expanding on things a bit
  • Like 1

Just now, HusKy said:

Trials Rising is 1000 points on that website, more than Crypt. xD

Yeah, some games have stuff required that go beyond achievements, Trials Rising being a perfect example. What's required for the platinum in that game isn't even listed on the site. 😆

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PunisherXD said:

Yeah, some games have stuff required that go beyond achievements, Trials Rising being a perfect example. What's required for the platinum in that game isn't even listed on the site. 😆

Oof, I see it now. 217 diamond medals is insane. 💀

Looking up the steam leader board for this game the Times are all over the place from 10 hours to complete all 9 achievements to 6 days just to finish pack A. 

I would day trials fusion is harder than trials rising but trials hd marathon trophy before the nerfs was some hardcore shit. 

8 hours ago, PunisherXD said:

For those who might be unaware with Elasto Mania, this is a physics-based bike game, think of it like cheap trials. The achievements for the 2nd game here seem to be identical to the PC version, which based on my knowledge and sources, is going to be really, really hard to achieve. If you click on the link, you can see that on this site completing all achievements is given 325 points. To give a comparison, the best baseline 10/10 we have, Super Meat Boy, is given 80 points. Splasher is 100 points. Ikaruga is 115 points.

So with that comparison, you might be able to tell what I'm trying to say. I expect anyone completing this to provide video proof or leaderboard screenshots upon doing so, and I wish anyone attempting this good luck, you will need it 🫡

The trophies looks like the same as the first game and those weren't too bad

This game reminds me of some cheap mobile motorracing game me and my friends were playing like 10 years ago, can't remember the name unfortunately. Still the same graphics on PS4. Developers making huge improvements 🫣

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2024 at 5:35 PM, Met-Rx said:

The trophies looks like the same as the first game and those weren't too bad

Have you ever seen the achievement list for elma1 on steam? The par time for all internals is 40 minutes there, in comparison to the 60 minutes on console. https://steamhunters.com/apps/1290220/achievements

For Elma2 we have the same list as on steam.

Here is a video of basically every trophy. It's harder than it looks:

Edit: PSA, the trophy list doesn't sync!

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, A1rPun said:

Have you ever seen the achievement list for elma1 on steam? The par time for all internals is 40 minutes there, in comparison to the 60 minutes on console. https://steamhunters.com/apps/1290220/achievements

Wtf did i just watch? 👀 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, A1rPun said:

Holy crap this looks like a terrible game. Nothing worse than a physics based game that uses it's own crappy physics : /

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hiya. I'm one of the only two people to have the steam achievements done and the #1 ranked player in the world on Elasto Mania II.

I'll give this release a go if there's a fix for the syncing issue. For reference, I had to break more than half of the World Records to get under 1 hour TT on Steam, so I anticipate this one to be a pretty unique level of challenge.

I'm not on PSNProfiles often, does anyone know if the syncing issue is fixable? I can help discuss with the devs if necessary, I have a line of contact.

Re: "this looks like a terrible game", Elma II is pretty rough, yeah. The original Elasto Mania is one of the best games of its ilk ever made, though. This release breaks the fun parts of the physics engine, sadly.

Re: "this doesn't look much harder than Elma 1 on PSN", The PSN trophy lists are not comparable even slightly as the follow-up mentioned. The Elma 2 list is orders of magnitude harder. Only 3 people in history have achieved sub 1h TT across all releases of Elma II. Thousands of people have sub 1h in Elma 1. The equivalent achievement in Elma 1 is about sub 40 TT; which is considered one of the hardest achievements in Steam history.

Edited by TemperGrace
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TemperGrace said:

Hiya. I'm one of the only two people to have the steam achievements done and the #1 ranked player in the world on Elasto Mania II.

I'll give this release a go if there's a fix for the syncing issue. For reference, I had to break more than half of the World Records to get under 1 hour TT on Steam, so I anticipate this one to be a pretty unique level of challenge.

I'm not on PSNProfiles often, does anyone know if the syncing issue is fixable? I can help discuss with the devs if necessary, I have a line of contact.

Re: "this looks like a terrible game", Elma II is pretty rough, yeah. The original Elasto Mania is one of the best games of its ilk ever made, though. This release breaks the fun parts of the physics engine, sadly.

Re: "this doesn't look much harder than Elma 1 on PSN", The PSN trophy lists are not comparable even slightly as the follow-up mentioned. The Elma 2 list is orders of magnitude harder. Only 3 people in history have achieved sub 1h TT across all releases of Elma II. Thousands of people have sub 1h in Elma 1. The equivalent achievement in Elma 1 is about sub 40 TT; which is considered one of the hardest achievements in Steam history.

It's fixable but will need a patch, because it's a fundamental issue at the core of the game so can't be fixed with the flip of a switch like it can with a traditional non-syncer. If you're able to give them a nudge, then that would be great :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's fixable but will need a patch, because it's a fundamental issue at the core of the game so can't be fixed with the flip of a switch like it can with a traditional non-syncer. If you're able to give them a nudge, then that would be great :).

I've let the dev know and they were on online status; so hopefully there's eyes on it before long. Sent them this thread :)

On 3/12/2024 at 7:07 PM, zZ-Draconiain-Zz said:

Looking up the steam leader board for this game the Times are all over the place from 10 hours to complete all 9 achievements to 6 days just to finish pack A. 

I would day trials fusion is harder than trials rising but trials hd marathon trophy before the nerfs was some hardcore shit. 

Sorry, just noticed this. There are only 3 known clears - one is mine at 30 or so hours playtime, one is Flop/WhatTheFlip at roughly 80 hours playtime (the video linked in this thread); and the other was ribot on iOS many years ago with unknown playtime - but probably triple digits as he didn't specifically aim for this goal first.

For Elma, the CE community refuses to use my clear times as appropriate data for forecasting because I've played Elasto Mania consistently for over 15 years, so I'm not starting from scratch.

The steam leaderboards are extremely broken. The other players with fast enough total-times don't have times in-game.

Edited by TemperGrace
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Something has changed, because 3 of the trophies are now showing recent earners 🤔. EDIT: It looks like there are or were 2 different syncing issues, because a second list has just appeared on Exophase.com.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Elasto Mania Team

Thanks, checking. But that sounds like a PS problem, games have no control over it. Or maybe I misunderstand - what doesn't sync? I've reached out to PlayStation but if you could help explain to me what the exact issue is, that would be great. Trophies worked fine during testing. I found one setting which may be related, if that was the issue, the change should already be live.

This'll be the cause of the change you're seeing. If you have any advice I can provide to them from your expertise, I can continue working on this. At least it looks like some improvement has already be found!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TemperGrace said:

Elasto Mania Team

This'll be the cause of the change you're seeing. If you have any advice I can provide to them from your expertise, I can continue working on this. At least it looks like some improvement has already be found!

If there is still a syncing issue, either there's another non-syncing list out there or there's a fundamental issue with the trophy pack itself i.e. like what happened with Drift Racing Madness, which had 2 lists on the servers but because the trophy pack itself was broken in each version of the game, the trophies wouldn't unlock or even sync until the devs patched the problem: https://orbispatches.com/CUSA46819

From the looks of it, the problem has been fixed but I won't know for sure until more recent players are registered with the leaderboards.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

From the looks of it, the problem has been fixed but I won't know for sure until more recent players are registered with the leaderboards.

I can confirm EU trophies work for Elma2 since yesterday.

How did this guy know it has been fixed already?

11 minutes ago, A1rPun said:

How did this guy know it has been fixed already?

I think he is a TT admin. Probably better insight into trophy lists than most people have.

• Like 2

I just noticed that these trophies have the wrong title and description. This should be the fix, based on the achievement list from steam:

12S3d900a.png    :gold: Serious competition - Reach a total time of 1 hour 10 minutes with bonus helmets

13Se5e184.png    :gold: World-class - Reach a total time of 1 hour 5 minutes with bonus helmets

@TemperGrace I found your WR times, damn we do need to be very fast 😮.

Do you have any videos of your replays somewhere? The koposite's urls are giving me 404's.

Posted (edited)

Hi, the plan was to eventually take every WR and make a video but I didn't quite get that far. I have all of my replays saved and I can record/upload individual replays for you but there's not all that much that's new from Flop's video posted earlier in the thread - just faster execution and smoother runs over a lot of the geometry. I did include a few styles extra here and there - some of the old guard's from iOS days and some I invented myself; but it's not a lot.

I'm happy to just send you all of the files as well; but they were all done with PC and so would require a PC installation for you to watch :)

I've let the developer know about the trophy details issue, hopefully it can be fixed.

Edited by TemperGrace
Language
  • Like 1