Trophy thoughts?

All these months I've been bombarded with advertisements and updates for this game on PS5, with a couple release delays for good measure. Yet we still get a mediocre, bug-riddled product in the end? 

With cases like this being so common, it baffles me that many are still pre-ordering mainstream releases with regularity. 

That aside, I'm disappointed. I'm always hopeful for new, great horror experiences on console, but it seems to be a difficult genre to get right.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, luketheduke12 said:

All these months I've been bombarded with advertisements and updates for this game on PS5, with a couple release delays for good measure. Yet we still get a mediocre, bug-riddled product in the end? 

With cases like this being so common, it baffles me that many are still pre-ordering mainstream releases with regularity. 

That aside, I'm disappointed. I'm always hopeful for new, great horror experiences on console, but it seems to be a difficult genre to get right.

I was really hoping the delays meant they were going to nail this game out of the gate… I can’t even imagine how far off it was when it was supposed to be released months ago.

What a amazing game ! My type of game 👍 worth every penny!

I really loved inferno one aswell back in the day ! This game will be a blind totally playthrough! Plat i will do without a trophy guide once they patch the glitched trophies.

Same as i am doing with my other favourite franchises: Like Resident Evil ones☺️

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

What a amazing game ! My type of game 👍 worth every penny!

I really loved inferno one aswell back in the day ! This game will be a blind totally playthrough! Plat i will do without a trophy guide once they patch the glitched trophies.

Same as i am doing with my other favourite franchises: Like Resident Evil ones☺️

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes this game. Yeah, it's not perfect and a lot of trophies are still bugged; yet I really enjoy the setting and the atmosphere. I'd probably rate it a 7/10. I hated the 2008 installment btw, imho the 2024 is way better and closer to the feeling of the 1992 version.

• Like 3

Has anyone else had audio issues? I started it on an alt yesterday, went back to continue for a little while today and I have no sound upon selecting continue, I've played around with the audio settings to try and get it to work again but nothing, I've also closed the game multiple times and nope, doesn't work.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Platisfaction said:

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes this game. Yeah, it's not perfect and a lot of trophies are still bugged; yet I really enjoy the setting and the atmosphere. I'd probably rate it a 7/10. I hated the 2008 installment btw, imho the 2024 is way better and closer to the feeling of the 1992 version.

I actually liked Alone in the dark inferno, but i sometimes like weird games. Haha

But yeah anyone saying other wise about Alone In The Dark 2024(no one should trust it, search it up on YT. Instead. 

I never read Critics, havent read them since magazines back in the day. 

Because its their opinion about it(not mine). I might like it, even what somebody else says. 

So enjoy the game👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

Has anyone else had audio issues? I started it on an alt yesterday, went back to continue for a little while today and I have no sound upon selecting continue, I've played around with the audio settings to try and get it to work again but nothing, I've also closed the game multiple times and nope, doesn't work.

Yep. Happened to me during the swamp bit at the beginning of the game. No matter what I did, including reloading an older save, sound wouldn't come back on. The only sound coming from the game would be an awful, deafening sharp noise whenever enemies got close to me.

I had to beat the rest of the sequence (until getting back to Derceto) and after a cutscene I saved the game. Closed it, and when I loaded that save, audio finally came back on.

This game is a buggy mess at launch. Hope the devs are working on a fix.

Edited by FireWalkLikeMe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, FireWalkLikeMe said:

Finished my first playthrough just now, without drinking from the flask, and I didn't get the Teetotaller trophy :)

that trophy can aonly be done with edward! i saw someone else say this ona  thread, hope this helps, make sure you do edward for that trophy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sarsky said:

that trophy can aonly be done with edward! i saw someone else say this ona  thread, hope this helps, make sure you do edward for that trophy!

I did! Played Edward on my first playthrough, didn't drink from the flask and I still didn't get the trophy. Might still be glitched.

2 minutes ago, FireWalkLikeMe said:

I did! Played Edward on my first playthrough, didn't drink from the flask and I still didn't get the trophy. Might still be glitched.

hm... thats strange, maybe you acidentilly pressed up? it also could be you loaded froma  autosave instead of a mnaual save, my suggestion would be try again hbut this time only load manual saves, should be able do it while going for speed run trophy if you like, hopefully it pops for you if not, wait for a patch, good luck

1 hour ago, FireWalkLikeMe said:

I can confirm that the "Teetotaller" trophy works. Speedrun run with Edward, made sure never to use the bottle and the trophy appears during the credits. I also used manual and auto savegame.

Edited by DrMZxx

The only time I did press up was at the start, by mistake. I had full health, so it didn't actually consume any health items or refill my health. Maybe it still locked me out of the trophy. I was planning to do another playthrough for the speedrun trophy, so no worries.

18 minutes ago, burrowzinho_7 said:

FYI the trophy for not drinking I got with Emily doing the ending where you give grace a something to play with 

Damn. Never unlocked for me during play-through with Emily, no idea why 😐

5 hours ago, Sarsky said:

hm... thats strange, maybe you acidentilly pressed up? it also could be you loaded froma  autosave instead of a mnaual save, my suggestion would be try again hbut this time only load manual saves, should be able do it while going for speed run trophy if you like, hopefully it pops for you if not, wait for a patch, good luck

Yeah i also believe auto save dont work! I didnt get it either on my first playthrough. I will get it on Emily playthrough tho👍

Also powerpyxes guide on this game is wrong aswell on couple of to many things.

1st he mentiones if you drink from flask use auto save and manual. Auto save shouldnt be part of it. It should of been tested before being put up. Also when it comes to trophy. You cant keep me out, 

I dont believe that one is buggy, theres instances in the game where the games locks doors aswell again that you"ve previously unlocked. That you need to re unlock them. 

I am only missing doors with emily, so we will see if it pops for me today 👍

However the other 2 trophies are bugged! The different endings ones!  It says on psn 0.1 but i thinks thats the devs prob. Prob fixing them. Patch is prob coming soon

15 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Yeah i also believe auto save dont work! I didnt get it either on my first playthrough. I will get it on Emily playthrough tho👍

Also powerpyxes guide on this game is wrong aswell on couple of to many things.

1st he mentiones if you drink from flask use auto save and manual. Auto save shouldnt be part of it. It should of been tested before being put up. Also when it comes to trophy. You cant keep me out, 

I dont believe that one is buggy, theres instances in the game where the games locks doors aswell again that you"ve previously unlocked. That you need to re unlock them. 

I am only missing doors with emily, so we will see if it pops for me today 👍

However the other 2 trophies are bugged! The different endings ones!  It says on psn 0.1 but i thinks thats the devs prob. Prob fixing them. Patch is prob coming soon

How did you get unlock all doors to pop? Mind telling me which part guide misses?

• 3 weeks later...

For the speedrun trophy, I know the clock runs if you pause the game with the options button. But what if you hold the PS button so it goes to the PS5 dashboard to check a puzzle solution or something, does the clock keep running then? What if you put the whole console in rest mode with the game running, does the time you have it in rest mode count against you?

2 hours ago, emailking said:

For the speedrun trophy, I know the clock runs if you pause the game with the options button. But what if you hold the PS button so it goes to the PS5 dashboard to check a puzzle solution or something, does the clock keep running then? What if you put the whole console in rest mode with the game running, does the time you have it in rest mode count against you?

I would think that it would still count it. The game is pretty free about letting you save anywhere. Basically anytime you see the autosave icon pop up, you can make a manual save and it will put you back there. Just save and the quit to the main menu if you really get stuck and need to look up something. Just going to objective to objective skipping all cutscenes the game takes like 1:30:00 to complete, so you definitely have some room to work with. 

• Like 1