Trophy thoughts?

Noticed 2 trophies have the same description:

Case Closed
Save New Orleans from the Black Goat

Safe and Sound

Looks like a fun list, never played these games before so really want to give it a try!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quadboy_007 said:

Noticed 2 trophies have the same description:

Case Closed

Safe and Sound

Looks like a fun list, never played these games before so really want to give it a try!

I saw that too. I'm guessing one for each character?

Pre-ordered this last week, I'm super excited to play it! Trophy list looks good and I really like the platinum trophy tile art

• Like 1

Platinum is also bugged as hell. No patch yet but praying they drop a day 1 patch that fixes it

Edit: Turns out there was a patch. Praying that it actually fixes the bugged ass trophies

Edited by ObsiEez

Yeah the guide notes several broken trophies, so hopefully a patch clears those up. Another day, another title releasing with broken trophies and surely a myriad of other bugs and problems. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Creasy007 said:

Yeah the guide notes several broken trophies, so hopefully a patch clears those up. Another day, another title releasing with broken trophies and surely a myriad of other bugs and problems. 

Absolutely tons (I'm the writer). Currently downloading the patch & PRAYING it's fixed cause all the trophy issues have been known + all the other assorted bugs that weren't linked to trophies since the start of March

16 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Absolutely tons (I'm the writer). Currently downloading the patch & PRAYING it's fixed cause all the trophy issues have been known + all the other assorted bugs that weren't linked to trophies since the start of March

I wish it had fixed something ...
The trophies I'm missing are still unobtainable for me. 

23 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Thanks for all you do! Let's hope that's the case. I'd like to try it out but I'm done buying broken day one titles, especially at that price. I'd rather wait and grab it for $20-30 in 6-12 months and with a host of patches included instead.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hinsusta said:

I wish it had fixed something ...
The trophies I'm missing are still unobtainable for me. 

Damn really? I'm about to boot it up to give it a try & see. If that's the case that really fucking sucks lmao

2 hours ago, TheStark700 said:

38 trophies in all.

From an IGN article I've read, a single playthrough takes 8 hours if rushed. Platinum should definitely take more than that.

I recommend checking PowerPyx guide https://www.powerpyx.com/alone-in-the-dark-2024-trophy-guide-roadmap/

It actually takes 1 hour and a half to complete the game, but 8 hours if you want to go for everything. Good thing is that the trophy related to playing the game for 8 hours counts across multiple saves.

1 hour ago, ObsiEez said:

Thank you!! Good to see you doing this guide. Toughts on the game and the overall trophy approach? :)

3 hours ago, TheStark700 said:

38 trophies in all.

From an IGN article I've read, a single playthrough takes 8 hours if rushed. Platinum should definitely take more than that.

8h when you rush? I don't know how other people play their games, but I can play through the game 4 times in that time 😭

UPDATE: Tested the patch, still bugged & if anything it's even buggier than before. From a test it seems like you can't even complete Edward's campaign now on this new patch since a key item required to progress in Chapter 4 doesn't spawn now

Just now, angelbless45 said:

Thank you!! Good to see you doing this guide. Toughts on the game and the overall trophy approach? :)

Honestly? I don't like the game at all & probably down there with some of my least favorite survival horror games. Trophy bugs aside the game is an absolute mess where they want you to speedrun, but if you try to skip certain things or speed up certain things, it can softlock you. An example of this is in Chapter 4 where if you kill 2 specific enemies before they get past a certain point, the gate they come from will remain closed & you can't progress, so you have to run past them as they open the gate if you want to do it quickly.

I like the overall structure of their trophy list as it has the common Survival Horror staples, but MAN it's just in such a broken state & the most recent patch just breaking it even more has removed any sort of faith I have in the studio to actually get it in a perfectly playable state

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

I pre-ordered this a while back, the only trophy I hate is the speedrun.  What is the deal with speed running everything all the time, its one of my most hated of all trophies and up there with Permadeath ones. 

The speedrun is extremely forgivable. Hell you could beat it in 3 hours casually. If you're extremely quick & your pathing is good, you can easily do it in a little over an hour. The only problem is pausing doesn't stop the timer

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

UPDATE: Tested the patch, still bugged & if anything it's even buggier than before. From a test it seems like you can't even complete Edward's campaign now on this new patch since a key item required to progress in Chapter 4 doesn't spawn now

Honestly? I don't like the game at all & probably down there with some of my least favorite survival horror games. Trophy bugs aside the game is an absolute mess where they want you to speedrun, but if you try to skip certain things or speed up certain things, it can softlock you. An example of this is in Chapter 4 where if you kill 2 specific enemies before they get past a certain point, the gate they come from will remain closed & you can't progress, so you have to run past them as they open the gate if you want to do it quickly.

I like the overall structure of their trophy list as it has the common Survival Horror staples, but MAN it's just in such a broken state & the most recent patch just breaking it even more has removed any sort of faith I have in the studio to actually get it in a perfectly playable state

Thank you for the feedback. Tbh, I didn't like the demo nor everything else it was shown, but I am going to give it a try because I liked the old school games. Too bad this doesn't seem to be the revival game the series needed :(.

I WAS going to work in the guide for the site.. but I guess I will just play the game xD.

26 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

I pre-ordered this a while back, the only trophy I hate is the speedrun.  What is the deal with speed running everything all the time, its one of my most hated of all trophies and up there with Permadeath ones. 

There is a very large community of speedrunners of survival horror games and tbh, they are one of the main reason most of the games are still remembered and played.

• Like 2

So an update for anyone curious, Alone in the Dark has a total of 12 glitched trophies now as I just updated the guide on PowerPyx. While the Librarian trophy was fixed, it ends up being unobtainable still due to not being able to complete Edward's Campaign due to a key item not appearing. There are still 3 other unobtainable trophies I've yet to get & seems like haven't been fixed with this patch, so hopefully those get addressed soon because my lord, it's getting annoying lmao

Yet ANOTHER update: I was COMPLETELY wrong about the fact Edward is unbeatable now. They moved the key item to a COMPLETELY different spot nowhere near where it used to be, so complete overaction. So overall the patch fixed 2 trophies so far. I'll be doing more testing to see if anything else has been fixed, but so far it looks like the 2 ending trophies are still glitched & same with unlocking everything. As for no flask as Emily, I'm still unaware if it was fixed or not

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

So an update for anyone curious, Alone in the Dark has a total of 12 glitched trophies now as I just updated the guide on PowerPyx. While the Librarian trophy was fixed, it ends up being unobtainable still due to not being able to complete Edward's Campaign due to a key item not appearing. There are still 3 other unobtainable trophies I've yet to get & seems like haven't been fixed with this patch, so hopefully those get addressed soon because my lord, it's getting annoying lmao

Yet ANOTHER update: I was COMPLETELY wrong about the fact Edward is unbeatable now. They moved the key item to a COMPLETELY different spot nowhere near where it used to be, so complete overaction. So overall the patch fixed 2 trophies so far. I'll be doing more testing to see if anything else has been fixed, but so far it looks like the 2 ending trophies are still glitched & same with unlocking everything. As for no flask as Emily, I'm still unaware if it was fixed or not

Any mention of day one patch?

5 minutes ago, TheStark700 said:

Any mention of day one patch?

The current patch I believe IS the Day 1 patch I believe which like I mentioned in an edit, seems like it fixed more than it broke & they just moved a key item for absolutely no reason which made me think it was glitched. I'm continuing to test the other 3 trophies I don't have yet to see if it's just another skill issue or if they're still bugged. So far since they're at 0.0% on PSN I'm assuming they're just still unobtainable since the one that did get fixed was at least at 0.4% which made me realized it got patched

Do we know if the game is at least beatable without any patches?

I would normally wait for Does It Play to do a report, but I’m keen to pick this one up despite the glitches.

As long as the game is playable start-to-finish on version 1.0.0… I’m in.

What are the chances of this game being shittier than the Xbox 360 verision? I played it when it came out like 15 years ago and it was god awful. If I had to guess, it's probably right on par if not worse lol. 

512folnMPAL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg