Project Platinum: Mortal Kombat - NEW!

mortal_kombat_banner_by_ultimate_savage_

Welcome to Project Platinum: Mortal Kombat!

Mortal Kombat is one of the oldest and most loved fighting game franchises in gaming history. This is a place where you can show off that dedication by pushing yourself to your trophy hunting limits by going after all the trophies in this  series. This is also meant to be a great place to find tips and information that will help you on your journey to trophy hunt games in the Mortal Kombat series. If you have questions about a particular Mortal Kombat game or trophy, please post them and fellow Mortal Kombat fanatics will help you out!

Click to follow this forum if:

1) You are interested in trophy hunting Mortal Kombat games or

2) You are interested in being a mentor for those starting to trophy hunt Mortal Kombat games.

RULES: 

• To join:
  • To update:
    • Anytime you complete a new game or DLC pack, just revisit the checklist, edit your response and re-submit!
    • All updates appear automatically on the Leaderboard. Your score and all badges earned are automatically calculated too.
  • WtK4UHR.png
  • For games with a platinum trophy, the platinum trophy must be earned.
  • For games with no platinum, 100% trophies must be achieved.
  • For DLC packs, 100% trophies must be achieved.
  • There is no special bonus or tier for platinuming/100%ing multiples of the same game in different regions.
  • If you have been banned from the PSNProfiles leaderboards for any reason you are ineligible for this challenge.
  • I'll add badges to the project once there's enough participants to recognize those that go above and beyond and platinum the entire series or do system stacks of individual games.
  • Since the checklist and leaderboard are brand new and auto-updating, please report any bugs or unexpected behavior to me and I'll get them fixed asap.

Special Note about How to buy MK: Arcade Kollection and Unobtainable Trophies

Spoiler
  • Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection (PS3) 100% is still obtainable! However, if you are a North American player there are special steps you'll have to take to purchase it if you don't already own it since it has been delisted from the North American store. Thanks to @CorgiBootyy for the tips.
    1. Make an account for another region (UK works great for this one) and login to it on your PS3.
    2. Get a PSN card for that regions currency online (PlayAsia is reliable)
    3. Then you can just download the game on the UK account and then switch to your main account to play it and earn the trophies. (If you have 2 PS3's you can also login and download it to your other system to boost the online trophies with yourself quickly.)
  • Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (PS3) has 4 unobtainable trophies. If you do not already have these, you can no longer earn them legitimately.
    • MhG6F0f.png
  • Mortal Kombat (PS3) has 13 unobtainable trophies. If you do not already have these, you can no longer earn them legitimately.
    • hd4kM16.png
  • Mortal Kombat (Vita) has 4 unobtainable trophies. If you do not already have these, you can no longer earn them legitimately.
    • ev16u0o.png

Project Platinum: Final Fantasy | Project Platinum: Metal Gear | Project Platinum: Fallout | Project Platinum: Doom

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, draqilo said:

Mortal Kombat vs DC universe is a nightmare to platinum.

It's definitely the hardest to platinum out of all of the Mortal Kombat games. The biggest problem for newer players to MK vs DC Universe is that they won't be able to get the Platinum trophy for MK vs DC Universe anymore, because the online servers were shutdown in July 2014 unfortunately. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, x7251 said:

It's definitely the hardest to platinum out of all of the Mortal Kombat games. The biggest problem for newer players to MK vs DC Universe is that they won't be able to get the Platinum trophy for MK vs DC Universe anymore, because the online servers were shutdown in July 2014 unfortunately. 

Yeah, I debated even making a Project Platinum for MK because 3 of the 9 possible completions are shutdown and unobtainable. But someone out there has all MK trophies and they should sign up and get the recognition they deserve :)

5 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yeah, I debated even making a Project Platinum for MK because 3 of the 9 possible completions are shutdown and unobtainable. But someone out there has all MK trophies and they should sign up and get the recognition they deserve :)

I signed up. Thankfully I was able to get the online trophies done for MK vs DC Universe and MK 9 (PS3) before the servers were shutdown. Do you need both MK 9 platinums (PS3 and Vita) or is just 1 version enough?

5 minutes ago, x7251 said:

I signed up. Thankfully I was able to get the online trophies done for MK vs DC Universe and MK 9 (PS3) before the servers were shutdown. Do you need both MK 9 platinums (PS3 and Vita) or is just 1 version enough?

Just one, but they are both worth points on the leaderboard. Just make sure to submit your checklist and your score and totals will automatically show up on the leaderboard.

Sup guys! So we've had 3 people sign up. The more people that sign up the more insight we have into everyone's completions and progress in the MK franchise :D

xRJ95ZG.png

This is an example of what the Leaderboards look like when there's more people signed up (taken from the Project Platinum: Final Fantasy). It just takes a bit to gather participants :)

va7lnDV.png

I signed up and am willing to give advice. I have 100% on all MK games for all platforms. The online for MK v DC and MK9 (PS3 and Vita) will be a roadblock to new players but there is a lot of good offline Rare and UR trophies to be had.

As other people have mentioned the MK v DC trials are far and away the hardest MK trophies of all games. I had given up on the game for 7 years determined that I would never unlock that plat. Then one day I was looking online and saw an obscure YT give absolutely incredible tips for each character. I cannot recommend this channel enough. I think I cracked out every challenge in 10 days following this. I had already unlocked the online trophies so it was the end of a long journey.

TLDR: Viva MK and its fans!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2024 at 10:54 AM, Startyde said:

I signed up and am willing to give advice. I have 100% on all MK games for all platforms. The online for MK v DC and MK9 (PS3 and Vita) will be a roadblock to new players but there is a lot of good offline Rare and UR trophies to be had.

As other people have mentioned the MK v DC trials are far and away the hardest MK trophies of all games. I had given up on the game for 7 years determined that I would never unlock that plat. Then one day I was looking online and saw an obscure YT give absolutely incredible tips for each character. I cannot recommend this channel enough. I think I cracked out every challenge in 10 days following this. I had already unlocked the online trophies so it was the end of a long journey.

TLDR: Viva MK and its fans!

Oh snap 100% kompletion! I'm so jealous!!! Thanks for the tips and video links man!

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Oh snap 100% kompletion! I'm so jealous!!! If I could go back in time and change one trophy hunting blunder it'd be to get those stupid MK vs DC online trophies while I could. Thanks for the tips and video links man!

We're only human my friend, for every game we play it means there are countless we are not playing. Time waits for no one. I used to avoid games that had steep multiplayer requirements and then one day realized how insane I was being, not playing a game because I wouldn't plat it. I missed epic games like Max Payne 3, RDR etc. Games I still plan to play and get as many offline trophies as I can. 

If you cant get an S rank, shoot for A I always say lol. 

• Like 1

I would love to complete MK vs DC and MK9 Vita, but ya, unfortunately not possible with the servers out.

I may at some point resurrect my UK account to download the Arcade Kollection since it is delisted from NA. So still a chance to increase my series completion a little.

5 minutes ago, CorgiBootyy said:

I would love to complete MK vs DC and MK9 Vita, but ya, unfortunately not possible with the servers out.

I may at some point resurrect my UK account to download the Arcade Kollection since it is delisted from NA. So still a chance to increase my series completion a little.

Yo what!? The Arcade Kollection is delisted from NA!?

3 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yo what!? The Arcade Kollection is delisted from NA!?

Yup! Not available in NA anymore, but this inspired me to login to the UK store where it's still available. Bought it before it disappears someday and while the 2 online trophies are still achievable.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

@Rebourne07 I'm loving the form that you have been using in your threads! It definitely takes a lot of hassle out of manually keeping up with a leaderboard.

I signed up here as well

Thanks! Yeah I think the biggest downside to project platinums is that they die. This auto updating format is what the projects need. I wish there were something built into the site, but that’d require updates from Sly lol

Edited by Rebourne07

Fixed a bug where users with identical scores were not showing up correctly on the Leaderboard. Now up to 5 players can have an identical score and it show their names correctly. If I need to bump that up in the future I can, it's just tedious so we'll see if it ever goes past 5. 

4 hours ago, CorgiBootyy said:

Didn't change my position at all on the board, but did finish up MK Arcade Kollection so I'm at least at the most completion possible currently!

Awesome! Good job man! So you bought it from the UK store but played it on an American account? Hows that work? 

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Awesome! Good job man! So you bought it from the UK store but played it on an American account? Hows that work? 

Ya of course! It’s not like the games are locked to only be played on the purchasing account once you’ve downloaded them.