User name displays when a trophy pops

Vern3r0z

I know this is a thing when you have multiple accounts logged on on your ps5 so that when you get a trophy it displays your username on top of the trophy notification. I have been playing Lego drive2k and noticed that sometimes it displays my username when popping a trophy even though my account is the only one logged in on the console. Weird thing is it doesn't do it every time. Is this some new feature they implemented in the newest update? Cant remeber this happening with any of the ps4 games i have been playing recently.

I've been wondering this too, shows my full name whenever I pop a trophy every now and then, despite being the only account logged in

It's definitely some recent addition

1 minute ago, Jibxi said:

I've been wondering this too, shows my full name whenever I pop a trophy every now and then, despite being the only account logged in

It's definitely some recent addition

Have you seen it happen with a ps4 game?

14 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

Have you seen it happen with a ps4 game?

I have done yeah, not long started the Mafia trilogy and some trophies are popping with my name & some without - haven't gone to any real lengths to figure out why it happens though

6 hours ago, Jibxi said:

I have done yeah, not long started the Mafia trilogy and some trophies are popping with my name & some without - haven't gone to any real lengths to figure out why it happens though

really weird

• 2 weeks later...

I had this happen for me directly after the last system update, but I had turned on the console with a dualsense I hadn't updated yet and it prompted me to update it as soon as I turned it on. So I thought perhaps it was a glitch related to that. After putting my PS5 into rest and waking it back up, it was no longer showing my username on trophy notifications.

However, I just had it happen to me again for the first time since then. I had my PS5 fully off this time, as I did the previous time when I first had the issue occur, so if there's any correlation, it's turning the PS5 on from being fully off instead of rest mode, but since it's only happened twice I'm unsure if it's actually related.

Again, putting it into rest and waking it back up fixed it at least. But I only have one account on the system and this has definitely never been an issue before the latest system update, so I suspect it's some glitch related to that.

Just a "tip" for anyone that wants to check if the glitch is currently affecting them though, turn off your controller and turn it back on. If it shows your username above the battery icon notification, the glitch is present and putting the system into rest and turning it back on should hopefully fix it. Just a simple way of checking for it instead of waiting for a trophy to pop. It should also occur on other notifications as well like adding or removing a game from your wish list.

On 4/4/2024 at 8:28 PM, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

I had this happen for me directly after the last system update, but I had turned on the console with a dualsense I hadn't updated yet and it prompted me to update it as soon as I turned it on. So I thought perhaps it was a glitch related to that. After putting my PS5 into rest and waking it back up, it was no longer showing my username on trophy notifications.

However, I just had it happen to me again for the first time since then. I had my PS5 fully off this time, as I did the previous time when I first had the issue occur, so if there's any correlation, it's turning the PS5 on from being fully off instead of rest mode, but since it's only happened twice I'm unsure if it's actually related.

Again, putting it into rest and waking it back up fixed it at least. But I only have one account on the system and this has definitely never been an issue before the latest system update, so I suspect it's some glitch related to that.

Just a "tip" for anyone that wants to check if the glitch is currently affecting them though, turn off your controller and turn it back on. If it shows your username above the battery icon notification, the glitch is present and putting the system into rest and turning it back on should hopefully fix it. Just a simple way of checking for it instead of waiting for a trophy to pop. It should also occur on other notifications as well like adding or removing a game from your wish list.

Logging off your user and logging back on also fixes the issue.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

Has anyone else set up a passkey for their account?

Could just be coincidence but ever since I did that for my account, this has been happening. It doesn't bother me, but it's just weird how random it is whether it appears or not.

I did when it first came out, used it for a while, but have since switched back to a password since the whole passkey system was messing with me logging into my Vita and PS3 (since they require two factor authentication enabled). But I've still been seeing my user name pop up lately. 

Edited by Viper