Thread Bugged Only On First Page

Just curious if anyone else has issues accessing the first page of this thread I created in January?

All the other pages seem to load fine, except page 1. This is on mobile, happening with multiple browsers. I won’t have access to a computer until later next week to check.

Whenever I try to access it, the page gives an error but then disappears too quickly to read, reloads itself a few times, and eventually just stops on an error page stating “a problem repeatedly occurred on (the above link)”. Any ideas?

It works for me on computer, but really chugs along for a good ~20 seconds before finally loading everything in, but you're right it keeps failing to load on mobile for me too. I think it's just the sheer number of video embeds on the page that just makes it too much to handle for the phone

• Like 3

It loads on mobile for me. It takes a while to render the large amount of embed videos from Youtube, which generates lots of server requests and then trying to render the thumbnails you can tap to load the videos, but it's not throwing me any errors.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SmileSlice said:

Whenever I try to access it, the page gives an error but then disappears too quickly to read, reloads itself a few times, and eventually just stops on an error page stating “a problem repeatedly occurred on (the above link)”. Any ideas?

I’m also having the same experience in Safari in iOS. If I remember when I’m on my computer later, I’ll try to load up the thread and see if putting some of those videos in spoiler tags to keep some of the api calls from happening on load helps reduce the errors. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SmileSlice said:

Just curious if anyone else has issues accessing the first page of this thread I created in January?

All the other pages seem to load fine, except page 1. This is on mobile, happening with multiple browsers. I won’t have access to a computer until later next week to check.

Works perfectly fine on Android Chrome for me. 

No problems in Edge either, though I wasn't logged in when I checked. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlindMango said:

It works for me on computer, but really chugs along for a good ~20 seconds before finally loading everything in, but you're right it keeps failing to load on mobile for me too. I think it's just the sheer number of video embeds on the page that just makes it too much to handle for the phone

Ditto. I've just checked it via my iPad but that first page just refuses to load without crashing repeatedly :(. When viewed via my laptop though, it takes ages to load but does eventually do so without crashing.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I'm guessing this is a result of Apple's implementation of ad blocking/Do Not Track and the sheer number of requests getting blocked is causing Safari to crash.

Android devices of course love to let Youtube/Play cookies get all up in there so they're not going to have a problem, and Windows... yup.

I was pretty sure PSNP has more threads with more embedded YouTube video in one page of a thread (49 on that first page), but maybe not.

• Like 2