I 100%ed another 50 PSVR2 Titles - here are my Ratings and Reviews (A VR Trophy Hunter's Logbook Entry II)

Thanks for this! 

I played Toy Trains VR back in December last year and I personally enjoyed it, I am glad to see it sounds like you did too. 

I had been looking at Behind The Frame as I enjoyed the original non-VR version but I might hold off until a sale or not bother. 

Also slight humble brag that I am still fastest 100% achiever on the PSVR1 version of Drunkn Bar Fight lol, as well as the PSVR2 version of VR Pigeons but on an alt account. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

Thanks for this! 

I played Toy Trains VR back in December last year and I personally enjoyed it, I am glad to see it sounds like you did too. 

I had been looking at Behind The Frame as I enjoyed the original non-VR version but I might hold off until a sale or not bother. 

Also slight humble brag that I am still fastest 100% achiever on the PSVR1 version of Drunkn Bar Fight lol, as well as the PSVR2 version of VR Pigeons but on an alt account. 

Well, you are clearly a genetically engineered, human-shaped mutant pigeon with violent anger issues, so I gladly acknowledge your dominance. I will make sure to pick up this contest again on PS6 and PSVR3 and let you know if and when I can improve my times. 😁

1 hour ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

It's exciting to see how many different VR2 games there are now.

Same here, truly. We are still lacking in a few genres here and there, but we are getting there.

And holy shit man do you have a good completion rate. You literally can't be doing trophy hunting on PSVR2 with that rate, there are just too many buggy titles. Kudos!

Edited by VeganVermithor
Adding another answer.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for this list! I’m playing toswmen right now, and I have also to finish moss 2 and Jurassic world lol, but I want to play some fps next, there is something doable that doesn’t require multiplayer (or, if there is, that is at least populated)?

4 hours ago, Lord_Mgolivets said:

Thank you for this list! I’m playing toswmen right now, and I have also to finish moss 2 and Jurassic world lol, but I want to play some fps next, there is something doable that doesn’t require multiplayer (or, if there is, that is at least populated)?

Are you aware of the irony of asking me to provide game suggestions, while being literally inside a long ass thread with game suggestions?

I'd say definitely play Vertigo 2. No better FPS on the market right now, great value and challenging but very fair platinum.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Royalcommand said:

I missed these! Your first post was a big inspiration for my trophy hunting and guides. Are you going to post on reddit as well? They would love this as well

Thanks for the kind words!

Reddit is a thinly veiled marketing machine for a while now and I deleted my account last year (I can't help but lurk though, but at least I can't post).

There is nothing of value in the PSVR sub, only shameless game ads, pictures of headsets with 400 times the upvotes of real content and people asking how to fix chewed through cables. If I had a higher opinion of people in general I'd chose to believe it was a satire sub.

Azurewrath copy/pasted my Legendary Tales guide on there last week to farm karma, I'd say that was the height of content for the month. The sub couldn't stand more actual useful VR input at the moment. 😬

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, VeganVermithor said:

Thanks for the kind words!

Reddit is a thinly veiled marketing machine for a while now and I deleted my account last year (I can't help but lurk though, but at least I can't post).

There is nothing of value in the PSVR sub, only shameless game ads, pictures of headsets with 400 times the upvotes of real content and people asking how to fix chewed through cables. If I had a higher opinion of people in general I'd chose to believe it was a satire sub.

Azurewrath copy/pasted my Legendary Tales guide on there last week to farm karma, I'd say that was the height of content for the month. The sub couldn't stand more actual useful VR input at the moment. 😬

That's actually me lol. Sorry I should've asked you first before posting but I did give you full credit there at the top and in no way trying to take any credit. I only posted because I was excited about getting the platinum following your guide and wanted to share with others who don't go here so they can get the platinum as well. If you like, I'll delete it, please let me know. 

Psvr subreddit has gone down in quality lately with all the rumors and speculations no doubt. Anyways, thanks again for the reviews! Gonna use to to pick up a few titles. Happy hunting! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Royalcommand said:

That's actually me lol. Sorry I should've asked you first before posting but I did give you full credit there at the top and in no way trying to take any credit. I only posted because I was excited about getting the platinum following your guide and wanted to share with others who don't go here so they can get the platinum as well. If you like, I'll delete it, please let me know. 

Psvr subreddit has gone down in quality lately with all the rumors and speculations no doubt. Anyways, thanks again for the reviews! Gonna use to to pick up a few titles. Happy hunting! 

Ha, I suspected that. Giving credit was appreciated, it just seems you inserted yourself a bit in the bottom part and at least half the people don't read and assume it's your guide by default. It's alright, in any case. If I wanted to keep participating on reddit, I shouldn't have deleted my account. I just have mixed feelings about the traffic being larger on reddit, you could've included a link to the original source. And Myles Dyer congratulating you on the guide stung a bit. I actually played an hour or two with him when we where the only ones at the skeleton king and I would've liked for him to make the connection. Either way, not a big deal.

Thanks again and good hunting 🏆

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 1:37 PM, VeganVermithor said:

Ha, I suspected that. Giving credit was appreciated, it just seems you inserted yourself a bit in the bottom part and at least half the people don't read and assume it's your guide by default. It's alright, in any case. If I wanted to keep participating on reddit, I shouldn't have deleted my account. I just have mixed feelings about the traffic being larger on reddit, you could've included a link to the original source. And Myles Dyer congratulating you on the guide stung a bit. I actually played an hour or two with him when we where the only ones at the skeleton king and I would've liked for him to make the connection. Either way, not a big deal.

Thanks again and good hunting 🏆

I apologize again, yeah for sure some don't just read. That makes sense so I'll make it even clearer and edit to add in the link to the post instead of a wall of text and then it'll just be my thoughts of my build at the end. Cheers! 

Edit: omg, didn't realize about Myles, I am so sorry. I messaged him and let him know that you played with him and that you were the writer of the guide so there's no misunderstanding. I would be peeved as well, apologies. I made the edits and directly linked your guide. 

Edited by Royalcommand
  • Like 1

Holy fuck. This is awesome! I’ve literally only played like two games on my PSVR2. Thank you so very much for posting this. I’m definitely going to try some of these on your recommendation. I also absolutely love that you are doing this to bring some life to these games. Fucking awesome dude. Cheers!

• Like 1

Wow I love this post! This has given me a lot of inspiration on what to play on PSVR 2 next, currently holding off on starting Red Matter 2 & Walking Dead but you've convinced me to definitely check out a few other titles

Kind of off topic but do you have any hopes for the upcoming Metro Awakening & Wanderer titles? They're at the top of my most anticipated list! 

Edited by Jibxi
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jibxi said:

Wow I love this post! This has given me a lot of inspiration on what to okay on PSVR 2 next, currently holding off on starting Red Matter 2 & Walking Dead but you've convinced me to definitely check out a few other titles

Kind of off topic but do you have any hopes for the upcoming Metro Awakening & Wanderer titles? They're at the top of my most anticipated list! 

Thank you and hopefully you are happy with your game choices later!

I'm very positive that the two upcoming games you mentioned will be way above average quality. The first Wanderer was slightly overhyped in my opinion and had some jank, but was still phenomenal. The next one will likely be much better and easily a Top10 title.

Metro is of course a cherished flat game from a big studio, so it appears like all the ingredients for a successful VR game are here. They killed off a small indie dev on PC who designed his game too close to their IP, so they might be getting a bit of backlash for that and maybe some people will point out things the indie dev did better, but I expect that will just stirr the pot a bit and the game will still be cool. If we are getting very close to release and no review copies go out for the content creators, I'd be inclined to instead bet on another Firewall Ultra though. The two biggest indications for botched games have always been 1) only CGI trailers and no gameplay even close to release and b) review embargos until after release and/or no review copies for content creators until super late.

Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VeganVermithor said:

Thank you and hopefully you are happy with your game choices later!

I'm very positive that the two upcoming games you mentioned will be way above average quality. The first Wanderer was slightly overhyped in my opinion and had some jank, but was still phenomenal. The next one will likely be much better and easily a Top10 title.

Metro is of course a cherished flat game from a big studio, so it appears like all the ingredients for a successful VR game are here. They killed off a small indie dev on PC who designed his game too close to their IP, so they might be getting a bit of backlash for that and maybe some people will point out things the indie dev did better, but I expect that will just stirr the pot a bit and the game will still be cool. If we are getting very close to release and no review copies go out for the content creators, I'd be inclined to instead bet on another Firewall Ultra though. The two biggest indications for botched games have always been 1) only CGI trailers and no gameplay even close to release and b) review embargos until after release and/or no review copies for content creators until super late.

Fingers crossed!

I'm definitely hoping for above average quality myself (VR in general could do with some more of that!) But I am too getting a little sceptical about upcoming reviews should the release be soon - I've deliberately not played any of the Metro series in anticipation for the VR title, seeing as it's set before the events of 2033. Absolutely hoping it'll meet expectations

On 3/23/2024 at 1:49 PM, VeganVermithor said:

while we got a metric shit-ton of roguelites for PSVR2 already

Exactly. I'm absolutely sick to DEATH of it! And it's not just VR games that are smothered with it either. I mean, jesus christ, they even went and turned God of War's free DLC in to that rogue nonsense! If a game's not "roguelike" it's that other shit stain subgenre, "Soulslike".

On a separate note, I've always wondered... where on earth do you get the time and money to do all this???

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Exactly. I'm absolutely sick to DEATH of it! And it's not just VR games that are smothered with it either. I mean, jesus christ, they even went and turned God of War's free DLC in to that rogue nonsense! If a game's not "roguelike" it's that other shit stain subgenre, "Soulslike".

On a separate note, I've always wondered... where on earth do you get the time and money to do all this???

I don't mind a rougelite if it's well done and we get a lot of games anyways, it's not like there is no other genre to play. Btw., I just played the God of War DLC and it was amazing. I wish we had a game of that caliber in VR.

On the separate note: I have an overpaying 9-5 and no other hobbies/social life = lots of time and money for gaming.

Edited by VeganVermithor
  • Like 1