New PS5 stacks (Autopop!!)

22 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Thanks for the help, guys. One thing that kinda bothers me is the trophies are all locked behind a paywall.

DCUO is a F2P game. And it's not about the money, it's the principle involved. Aren't most F2P game's trophies not locked behind a paywall?

Base game only I'm talking about here. Obviously all in game extras, DLC etc require payment, which is fine.

Eh. They can do whatever they want I guess. Situation's technically still better than most games in general, because if you don't pay for a game you can't even play it let alone get trophies. Here at least you can play the game. I personally was supposed to get this plat in the PS3 era since I played it back then, but no free trophies could be had there. I'm getting it now as a homage to those days, since now free trophies can be had at least on PS5.

I'm reposting what I already posted on Page One because people either can't read or people keep making assumptions and posting wrong information without verifying it. Almost two additionally pages of people asking the same question when it was already answered. I don't get why we need 10 topics to discuss the same thing.

I have confirmed from those with the subscription compared to those without, that the base game trophies will unlock without the subscription but all of the DLC trophies still require the subscription to unlock on PS5 at the moment

• You can unlock the Base Game trophies without a subscription on PS5.
  • You cannot unlock DLC trophies without a subscription on PS5.
  • You cannot unlock any trophies without a subscription on PS4.
  • Everything auto pops assuming these conditions are met.
Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

You can unlock the Base Game trophies without a subscription on PS5.

You cannot unlock DLC trophies without a subscription on PS5.

You cannot unlock any trophies without a subscription on PS4.

Everything auto pops assuming these conditions are met.

Thanks for clearing all of that up. But I have a separate question about regional stacks. Perhaps you might know this.

I'm in EU region (Australia) and I'm playing the PS4 digital version on a PS5 console. Once I'm done playing/fulfilling all the trophy requirements for the base game, I will then purchase a month's membership to pop the trophies. Then load up the PS5 version of the game, load each character and auto-pop those trophies/platinum. Done. But my question is, and I asked Hore about this. He has been extremely helpful with information on this game. But he's not 100% sure on this aspect. If I have an NA account. Then load up the NA PS4 version, will they auto-pop and also the PS5 version base game trophies using my EU membership, or do I have to purchase the NA membership from the NA PSN store, grind out the PS4 again, then auto-pop the PS5 trophies/platinum? Are you with me on my question? Most games auto-pop in any region once they have been platinum once, but this game seems different. I'm hoping one license will unlock all 4 x platinum's. I can't seem to find confirmation or anything on this. Thanks for any help.

Edited by TheDarkKratos

4 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Thanks for clearing all of that up. But I have a separate question about regional stacks. Perhaps you might know this.

I'm in EU region (Australia) and I'm playing the PS4 digital version on a PS5 console. Once I'm done playing/fulfilling all the trophy requirements for the base game, I will then purchase a month's membership to pop the trophies. Then load up the PS5 version of the game, load each character and auto-pop those trophies/platinum. Done. But my question is, and I asked Hore about this. He has been extremely helpful with information on this game. But he's not 100% sure on this aspect. If I have an NA account. Then load up the NA PS4 version, will they auto-pop and also the PS5 version base game trophies using my EU membership, or do I have to purchase the NA membership from the NA PSN store, grind out the PS4 again, then auto-pop the PS5 trophies/platinum? Are you with me on my question? Most games auto-pop in any region once they have been platinum once, but this game seems different. I'm hoping one license will unlock all 4 x platinum's. I can't seem to find confirmation or anything on this. Thanks for any help.

If you are only going for Cross Region Platinum:

Characters do not transfer between regions. You will need to level up six all new characters to obtain the base game trophies for a different region. You will not be able to unlock any trophies on PS4 from a different region unless the developers host a Free Membership / Free Episodes Event. Membership does not transfer regions and is tied to the account its purchased on as a service. PS5 base game trophies do not require a membership and will unlock the trophies towards the Platinum.

If you are going for Cross Region 100%:

Characters do not transfer between regions but DLC feats do "sort of". You will need to purchase Replay Badges to unlock the feats associated with the DLC trophies you unlocked on the previous region. I was told Replay Badges "May" transfer between regions. You will need to level up six all new characters to obtain the base game trophies for a different region. You will not be able to unlock any trophies on PS4 or any DLC trophies on PS5 from a different region unless the developers host a Free Membership / Free Episodes Event. Membership does not transfer regions and is tied to the account its purchased on as a service. PS5 base game trophies do not require a membership and will unlock the trophies towards the Platinum. 

I don't think they actually run Free membership / Free Episode Events anymore as of October of 2023

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob
  • Like 1

Many thanks for all of that information. I know that you have played this game more than 500 hours. So, you know what you're talking about. 

But one last thing, if at some point they do offer free episodes again in the future, would the PS5 platinum auto-pop the PS4 version platinum?

Edited by TheDarkKratos

Quick question, last night playing on my PS3, I realized I still had my save for the PS3 version on the cloud. Is it still possible to transfer my PS3 save to the PS4 version, for which I can then transfer to the PS5 version? Or is the PS3 cut off completely now?

On 4/11/2024 at 9:00 AM, Viper said:

Quick question, last night playing on my PS3, I realized I still had my save for the PS3 version on the cloud. Is it still possible to transfer my PS3 save to the PS4 version, for which I can then transfer to the PS5 version? Or is the PS3 cut off completely now?

I don't know if this helps, but I played the PS3 version about 10 years ago. I didn't earn any trophies because I wasn't into that back then. Made a quick character just to test the game see what it was like. Then deleted the game. Fast forward to now. When I loaded up the PS4 version, my character from 10 years ago was still there. So, I'm gonna say that anything you had saved on the PS3 from years ago is still on their servers. PS3 version closed down around 2018. But your stats and saves/data are still all there. No need for a local or cloud save If there is such a thing. Just load up the PS4 and/or PS5 version of the game, and your stuff should all be there from PS3 days. So, to reiterate, any progress, characters and trophies you earned on PS3 will just pop when you download/start the DCUO app on PS4 and PS5. You don't have to manually transfer anything.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1

Now that this PS5 version has been out for a few weeks... anybody have any input on playing the PS5 version vs PS4 version? I hear the PS5 version has a lot of graphical issues. I only played the PS3 version for maybe an hour a very long time ago. If they have separate trophy lists I want to be very careful about which one I start on because I will be stuck with that version. If I start the game I intend on getting the platinum and probably 100% of trophies, so I don't want to start on PS4 and then transfer to PS5 if I can avoid it. I would love to play on PS5 from the start but if it's not a fun gaming experience I don't want to commit a few hundred hours to it. 

Well, as of about 12 hours ago I can't even start the game. It sits there for 5 minutes trying to connect, then says down for maintenance.

Update/patch 2.62 has most definitely broken something. I am really regretting starting this game. It gets worse all the time.

Does anybody else get the same deal? I am on the PS4 version playing on PS5. This really sucks.

Edited by TheDarkKratos