A-Z Slayers Challenge

3 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I think I’m gonna have to disqualify this one. The description talks about saving someone from Zsasz, not defeating him.

Yep, the rules state that the description must imply that you battled and defeated the named NPC, not saved anyone from them. No judgement - it's an honest mistake.

I managed to get my first four 'kills', but I am having trouble finding games with early-game bosses that I like for the other four to get into the club. I'll try to find some good games with early game bosses. ;)

On 4/19/2024 at 12:01 PM, jonesey46 said:

Z - Take down Zsasz in the Patient Pacification Chamber (Shocking Rescue - Batman: Arkham Asylum)

On 4/17/2024 at 1:59 AM, princexedar said:

Zzasz (Batman: Arkham Asylum)

On 4/19/2024 at 10:26 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Everyone up to now should be good

16 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I think I’m gonna have to disqualify this one.

Jonesey is 27/27 from what I see on the OP post.

Prince is 24/27, which again counts it.

And the trophy name says, "Zsasz cut down to size".

Edited by Prometheous101

7 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

Jonesey is 27/27 from what I see on the OP post.

Prince is 24/27, which again counts it.

But I used the trophy that actually says "take down zsaz".

On 4/26/2024 at 3:55 AM, Prometheous101 said:

This challenge doesn't use the trophy title, Prometheous, it uses the trophy description, you know, the line of text that tends to explain what you need to do to get the trophy(for 90% of the games, the rest just say gibberish :lol:). If we had to use the trophy name, then this event would be impossible as there are not enough trophy names to cover all 27 entries. <_<

The rules say that the trophy description must use verbs indicating that you must defeat the target in combat, not the name. Also, DoctorDrP already DQ's that trophy for the reason I mentioned above as the description said "Save someone from Dr. Zsasz", which doesn't imply fighting him.

Also, to DoctorDrP, I should be able to send in my portfolio of hunts in a couple of hours, just need to headshot a beast god and a guy who thinks he's a Pokemon trainer. Just hoping that I don't randomly cough and alert them. (Allergy season sucks!) ;)

EDIT: Finally changed my avatar. I decided that the Mi'qote face had enough of a run, time to use my perm avatar, which I got thanks to the FFXIV benchmark! Little smallfolk for the win! ^_^

Edited by ProfSeajay7

Ok, I end up running through all my trophies in search of a number entry, and even now I'm unsure if any of the ones that I found qualify lol.

I will post my entry, but will leave multiple number entries to see if any qualify, instead of choosing 1 at first and then changing until any qualifies..

# - Ultimate Weapon 2.0 - Defeat the Pride and Joy Mk 0.5. (Final Fantasy VII Remake •PS5)

# - More Creepy Crawlies - Defeat Contessa #2 (Sly 2: Band of Thieves)

A - Abysson Buster - Defeated Abyssion. So there! (Tales of Symphonia)

B - Defeat Baal Pirates - Defeat the Baal Pirates in the Item World. (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice)

C - Cat Fight - Catwoman must defeat Cheetah with the final hit coming from Cat Call (Injustice 2)

D - The Forgotten Adventure - Defeat the Dark Genie. (Dark Cloud 2)

E - Ethereal Executioner - Defeat the Ethereal Queen. (Star Ocean: The Last Hope -International-)

F - Ghost Bringer - Kill Dark Fay to turn her into Ghost Fay. (Overlord II)

G - Legendary Champion - Defeat Gouken and clear Arcade Mode in Hardest difficulty. (Street Fighter IV)

H - I Am The Just Sword - [ARCADE / SCORE ATTACK] Defeated Hakumen. (Blazblue: Calamity Trigger)

I - The Truth In Your Hands - Defeat Izanami (Persona 4 Golden) 

J - Kill Jet - Defeat Boss 'Jet' at the end of Stage 2 -- with Game Settings set to Hardcore. (Street of Rage 2)

K - Fly Beta Kappa - Defeat the Kappagaeru without touching the ground. (Puppeteer)

L - Drop the Bald - Defeat Lex Luthor. (LittleBigPlanet Vita)

M - Mesmerised - Defeat the evil Lord Mesmer. (Worms Battlegrounds)

N - Machine Crusher - Defeat NANCY-MI847J. (Tekken 6)

O - Birth of the Oni - To surpass the power of Oni, you must defeat him in Arcade Mode on the hardest setting. (Super Street Fighter IV)

P - Roaring Pringer Bringer Downer - Defeat Pringer X: Roar in the Land of Carnage. (Disgaea 4: A Promisse Unforgotten)

Q - Accursed Man-thing! - Defeated the Quacho Queen with one of Lann’s attacks. (World of Final Fantasy)

R - Blood on Your Hands - [Score Attack] Defeated Unlimited Rachel in Score Attack mode. (Blazblue: Continuum Shift)

S - Price for Lying - Kill Surkov for lying to you. (Alpha Protocol)

T - Is it Mobi-I or Mobi-Us? - Terminated True Mobius with extreme prejudice. (Agarest: Generations of War 2)

U - Death of an Undying King - Defeated the Undying King that reigned over the abandoned city of Sodom. (NAtURAL DOCtRINE)

V - Machine of War - Defeat Vagnagun (Final Fantasy X)

W - Speedster - Defeat the World of Chaos in the End of the World within 15 hours. (Kingdom Hearts)

X - Exorcist - Found and killed the undying Xebenkeck(Dragon Age II)

Y - The Absolute Sword - Defeat Yuuki (Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment)

Z - Zed's Dead, Man - Defeat Monster Zed. (Wild Arms)

• Like 2

02-ffxiv-ardolain-in-the-forgotten-knigh

Okay, DoctorDrP, here is my portfolio, let me into your club. *slaps down the list of marks and smirks* (Yeah, you can tell I am a bit fan of Clan Centurio from the Final Fantasy series.) EDIT: Sorry, @DoctorDrPepper, did I insult you by saying DoctorDrP? Sorry. :(

1. 4Se30efd.png O => Wild Ox: Defeat Ox (Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX)
  2. 34S802207.png C => The Grudge of a Dead Soldier: Defeat the Creaking Skull - Aria of Sorrow (Castlevania Advance Collection)
  3. 2S06cd4a.png G => Invader: Defeat Galactoss (Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm)
  4. 4Sc318ae.png B => That's Using Your Head!: Defeat Bull the Razorback (TY The Tasmian Tiger)
  5. 4S183654.png E => Why, is he sick?: Defeat the Eyeless King! (Ravva and the Phantom Library)
  6. 3S622464.png T => Defeat Tropicallo: Defeat Tropicallo (Secret of Mana)
  7. 18S44bd6b.png D => The God of Beasts: Defeat Dran. (Dark Cloud)
  8. 40S7f645d.png I => Overseer Ivan: Defeat Overseer Ivan. That's hardly an accomplishment, though... (Nexomon [PS4])
Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

What a great idea!!

# - 

A - Defeat Admiral Gorc (Taking One for the Team - EverspaceUR

B - Defeat the Black Dragon (Whackin' Black - (Black Tiger) Capcom Arcade Cabinet) UR 

C - Defeat the Common Cold  with hitting him with your sword (House Cure - Zombie Vikings)

D - You've defeated the monstrous Decimal (Don't Get Cocky! - Record of Agarest War Zero) UR

E - Defeat El Jefe on each tower without losing any health (Cloud City - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time)

F - Kill Dark Fay to turn her into Ghost Fay (Ghost Bringer - Overlord 2

G - Defeat Gurglewocky (Fiery Awakening - Giana: Twisted Sisters) UR

H - Defeat the Hollow Knight and complete the game (The Hollow Knight - Hollow Knight)

I - Obtained by defeating the Iron Giant at Ortogalaxan (Destroyer - Atelier Rorona)

J - Defeat Boss Jet at the end of Stage 2 - with Game Settings to Hardcore (Kill Jet - Streets of Rage 2)

K - Ace the Kraken!! (Ace the Kraken!! - LittleBigPlanet)

L - Defeat Laroche (French Leave - Lost Planet 3)

M - Kill Max Payne in Panama as the De Marcos (Long Arm of the Lawless - Max Payne 3)

N - Defeat the Soul Lord Gravelord Nito (Defeat Gravelord Nito - Dark Souls)

O - Defeat the Octoking (Octacide - Duke Nukem Forever)

P - Defeat Twin Empresses Poly and Esther (The Poly, The Esther and the Bubsy - Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back)

Q - Defeat Quirrell in the Quirrell boss fight, using Voldemort (Quirrell Quandry - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4)

R - Defeated Unlimited Rachel in Score Attack Mode (Blood on your Hands - BlazBlue: Continuum Shit)

S - Kill Slime Abomination with the wrong weapon (Colorblind - Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime)

T - Defeated Thanatos on Hard in 1 minute 30 seconds or less (Warrior - Quantum Theory) UR

U - Defeat Ustanak with only one agent remaining (Held Captive - Resident Evil 6

V - Defeat King Vampire (Defeat King Vampire - Secret of Mana)

W - In single player, finish off Watson with Donvalve's throw (Cruelty to Animals - BattleFantasia) UR

X - 

Y - Defeat Yu Yevon (The Eternal Calm - Final Fantasy X)

Z - Kill all three end bosses in chapter 5 (Harry Flynn, Eddy Raja, Zoran Lazarevic) within 20 second of each other on Crushing (Triumvirate - Uncharted 3) UR

• Like 3

On 4/25/2024 at 6:27 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

I think I’m gonna have to disqualify this one. The description talks about saving someone from Zsasz, not defeating him.

Oh, I didnt realise that there are 2 trophies to taking down Zsasz.

I edited the correct trophy into my original post.

• Like 1

I haven't seen my name yet in Starting Slayers, and I submitted my list. Was there anything wrong with my portfolio or are you taking your time getting updates? Are you sick? (I understand because I'm sick too. For some reason everyone I know has gotten sick due to mold pollen in the air and probably backlash from the recent wave of the newest Corona Virus. I probably should get COVID tested. :()

8 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

Oh, I didnt realise that there are 2 trophies to taking down Zsasz.

I edited the correct trophy into my original post.

All good homie. Got you in now. P.S. din't see a number on your list either if you have one and wanna edit that in too.

@ProfSeajay7 in the future if you would like to make more additions to your list, please put them in alphabetical order. Thanks.

Everything should be updated to here.

4 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

@ProfSeajay7 in the future if you would like to make more additions to your list, please put them in alphabetical order. Thanks.

Okay sorry, those were in the order I earned the trophies, I apologize if they weren't in alphabetic order. I promise on the first update I will put all the marks in proper A-Z order. I also apologize for acting impatient, just was worried about your health. Me and my family are suffering from severe allergies due to the current weather and I have been suffering a lot of itchy throat and runny nose. :(

Edited by ProfSeajay7