Trophy thoughts

8 minutes ago, TheStark700 said:

Developers recently said in an AMA that there are missable heroes. Not sure if there's New Game+.

Suikoden games always had missable heroes so Eiyuden will have too. The game is literally Suikoden with other name (and I love it, Suikoden II is my favorite game of all times)

• Like 3

The list is full of all the little side activities that I adored in the old Suikoden games, so I'm looking forward to that.

I just hope the game is good. Rising kind of sucked, and every time I see screenshots of the characters from this game it just makes me... not optimistic. The characters were always what made Suikoden special, and Eiyuden's just look annoying. (So many goofy-ass furries....)

Having to max every fighting character's weapon ensures you'll be grinding for a while and I'm loving it, just like the Suikoden games.

5 hours ago, zaxonzaxon said:

The list is full of all the little side activities that I adored in the old Suikoden games, so I'm looking forward to that.

I just hope the game is good. Rising kind of sucked, and every time I see screenshots of the characters from this game it just makes me... not optimistic. The characters were always what made Suikoden special, and Eiyuden's just look annoying. (So many goofy-ass furries....)

Furry characters have always been in Suikoden though. IV IIRC had the most.

2 hours ago, TheStark700 said:

What would be an estimated difficulty be for this game in terms of gameplay?

For combat, there were some "challenging" fights, but it's a turn-based RPG so you can probably "cheese" through the content by over-leveling and making broken builds. 
I DID hear some early-access players struggling with some of the mini-games (I didn't do a lot of them yet myself), so maybe that will up the score.

One thing I could potentially see being annoying, is that some of the stuff are time-gated AND there's RNG involved (Ex: Rare items don't always show up in shops, and you'll have to wait 30 mins for it to refresh). 

With the amount of content, I can foresee this being 5/10, but I only just reached the point of no return and started working through collecting everything, so maybe it'll change as I play more. At around 50h now, and don't feel like I'm close to platinum lol. Granted, I'm playing "blind" without guides available yet, so for sure it will be faster for you all later.

41 minutes ago, majob said:

Having to max every fighting character's weapon ensures you'll be grinding for a while and I'm loving it, just like the Suikoden games.

Furry characters have always been in Suikoden though. IV IIRC had the most.

You just need to upgrade the weapons via the smith with coins and I have too much money in the game right now haha. You don't actually have to play with each characters to level their weapons. 

Edited by DragonSpear2462
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

You just need to upgrade the weapons via the smith with coins and I have too much money in the game right now haha. You don't actually have to play with each characters to level their weapons. 

Yeah I figured, Suikoden was the same way, you just paid for the upgrades. Good to know money isn't as much of an issue though because making money in Suikoden was a grind of buying low and selling high

2 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

For combat, there were some "challenging" fights, but it's a turn-based RPG so you can probably "cheese" through the content by over-leveling and making broken builds. 
I DID hear some early-access players struggling with some of the mini-games (I didn't do a lot of them yet myself), so maybe that will up the score.

One thing I could potentially see being annoying, is that some of the stuff are time-gated AND there's RNG involved (Ex: Rare items don't always show up in shops, and you'll have to wait 30 mins for it to refresh). 

With the amount of content, I can foresee this being 5/10, but I only just reached the point of no return and started working through collecting everything, so maybe it'll change as I play more. At around 50h now, and don't feel like I'm close to platinum lol. Granted, I'm playing "blind" without guides available yet, so for sure it will be faster for you all later.

Hi, may I know you are playing PS4 or PS5 version?

Im exciting to play the game on Day 1 but recently keep reading some review mentioned the game loading take time issue. Some early access players report the NS version, loading into combat with 10sec waiting & after battle another 10sec of loading, game sometime will crush on certain event scene so have to frequently make manual save, and Steam player also do share about the slow loading issue too.

So far I didnt foresee any PS player mentioned above issue. Do you mind sharing your experience for this too?

I'm planning to pre-order the deluxe version but concern for this now, if it take time for game publisher to polish it by patching those issue, I might drag until Im done with Stellar Blade & come back for this. 😅

16 minutes ago, Neo_Tachihoma said:

Hi, may I know you are playing PS4 or PS5 version?

Im exciting to play the game on Day 1 but recently keep reading some review mentioned the game loading take time issue. Some early access players report the NS version, loading into combat with 10sec waiting & after battle another 10sec of loading, game sometime will crush on certain event scene so have to frequently make manual save, and Steam player also do share about the slow loading issue too.

So far I didnt foresee any PS player mentioned above issue. Do you mind sharing your experience for this too?

I'm planning to pre-order the deluxe version but concern for this now, if it take time for game publisher to polish it by patching those issue, I might drag until Im done with Stellar Blade & come back for this. 😅

I'm playing on PS5. I do notice load times in this game, but they take 1-3 seconds, which is totally fine, BUT I notice them because I'm so used to optimized PS5 games that have no loading at all haha.

And same, I have heard the Switch version is performing poorly unfortunately. This is a type of game that I would love on portable console. The developers probably foresaw this and that's why initially they said this would be developed for Nintendo Switch 2 when they opened the Kickstarter. (They later reverted to Switch 1 because next-gen Nintendo is nowhere in sight)

Hopefully there will be a guide for the missable heroes and that using it won't spoil anything 

Not looking forward to the cards minigame, have always hated that in games (looking at you FF8)

10 hours ago, zaxonzaxon said:

My only issue with Rising was it was really heavy on fetch quests and didn't do a good job of spreading them out either, it was especially bad post game when they give you like 20 at once

I'm hoping this one has more diverse side quests and not just "collect these from the forest or go talk to that guy" and spread them out more

According with Famitsu, this game need around 100 hours to finish all side stuff. I can't wait to play Chronicles.

28 minutes ago, Karnacharya said:

PS - Suikoden remake when, Konami?

They are waiting until the realese of Hyaku eiyuden so probably we might have a new of Suikoden in the following months.

18 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

According with Famitsu, this game need around 100 hours to finish all side stuff. I can't wait to play Chronicles.

They are waiting until the realese of Hyaku eiyuden so probably we might have a new of Suikoden in the following months.

100 hours for story + side content or 100 hours for just side content alone? 

2 hours ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

I think 100 hours only for side content. Basically you Need to do everything at 100% if you want the Platinum.

Edited by TenebraZero

5 hours ago, TenebraZero said:

I think 100 hours only for side content. Basically you Need to do everything at 100% if you want the Platinum.

All doable on one playthrough ? The trophies suggest it

5 hours ago, TenebraZero said:

I don't know of it's possibile to recruit all Heroes in One playthrough but i doubt so. I don't know even of there Is a Ng+

I can't speak for everything in the game because I haven't done all yet, but YES you can recruit all heroes in one playthrough. Also yes there is NG+.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

Didn't the devs say there were missable heroes? 

I dunno if Heroes are actually missable (It would require intensive testing from guide writers), but even if there are missables, that doesn't change the fact that you can recruit all of them in one playthrough if you don't mess up =P
(I have the trophy as proof)

Though be warned, currently there is one hero that is bugged for some players and cannot be recruited (we don't know what triggers it). Hopefully the day 1 patch will fix that.

3 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

I can't speak for everything in the game because I haven't done all yet, but YES you can recruit all heroes in one playthrough. Also yes there is NG+.

This is really a good news, I’ll play blind on first playtrough and obviously I’ll miss some heroes.

27 minutes ago, TenebraZero said:

This is really a good news, I’ll play blind on first playtrough and obviously I’ll miss some heroes.

If you want to stand a good chance without needing to look at a guide, apparently there's a fortune teller that will drop hints about potential recruits in each chapter, so as long as you visit until they're out of hints for that chapter you should probably be good.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

Around 40 h main story, then +100 in order to do the rest of side events, in other words all trophies. Maybe u need less time but this is the main game so probably have a lot of stuff to do. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

I dunno if Heroes are actually missable (It would require intensive testing from guide writers), but even if there are missables, that doesn't change the fact that you can recruit all of them in one playthrough if you don't mess up =P
(I have the trophy as proof)

Though be warned, currently there is one hero that is bugged for some players and cannot be recruited (we don't know what triggers it). Hopefully the day 1 patch will fix that.

"If you don't mess up" 

That doesn't sound very reassuring haha, in come cases I'm okay with missables but not in a game that'l require 100+ hours to complete

20 hours ago, Alos88 said:

If you want to stand a good chance without needing to look at a guide, apparently there's a fortune teller that will drop hints about potential recruits in each chapter, so as long as you visit until they're out of hints for that chapter you should probably be good.

Hoping this is the case if there isn't a guide

PowerPyx has the best guides but it doesn't look like they have one planned for it on their site