Rising Tide trophy thoughts?

1 hour ago, FulgidoLucio said:

I'm planning to make FFXVI's platinum my 5000th trophy (DLCs included), so I wanted to ask if FF mode is required to get all DLCs' trophies. 😖

Yes. You need to beat Leviathan on FF Mode.

50 minutes ago, Valkyre4 said:

Yes. You need to beat Leviathan on FF Mode.

Oh, right. In that case, I hope there's trophy in the main list I can leave for last, before platinum/5000th trophy.

OR AT LEAST, is it possible to get all DLCs' trophies before completing the main game in FF mode?

Edited by FulgidoLucio

17 hours ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Oh, right. In that case, I hope there's trophy in the main list I can leave for last, before platinum/5000th trophy.

OR AT LEAST, is it possible to get all DLCs' trophies before completing the main game in FF mode?

Yes, DLCs can be completed before the start of the main-final mission.

On 4/23/2024 at 4:27 PM, FulgidoLucio said:

It’s highly unlikely that you will get the trophy for maxing all skills before you finish final fantasy mode, that’s one trophy you have to actively grind for after finishing everything else (atleast this was the case last year, but it could be pe patched now in a way that you end up with more points, though as long you don’t buy the last skill the trophy and thus the platinum won’t unlock)

It was fun and a nice expansion on the world and lore. Tonberries especially, thought I was playing through Bloodborne for a second. 

The eikon battle was annoying on FF mode as I barely got through the shield phase. Leviathan was a fitting boss though with a soundtrack worthy of the seas.

Difficulty spike on FF mode compared to the base game is a joke.  Just got the rebirth plat and now Leviathan is punishing me.  I'm just getting punished by Final Fantasy non-stop these days.  I need to play Sly Cooper or something after this.

12 hours ago, unlazyboy285 said:

Difficulty spike on FF mode compared to the base game is a joke.  Just got the rebirth plat and now Leviathan is punishing me.  I'm just getting punished by Final Fantasy non-stop these days.  I need to play Sly Cooper or something after this.

Is it so hard? I'm seeing conflicting viewpoints. All trophy guide say this DLC isn't hard to complete, but some people is struggling, and not because the rogue-like part is lackluster in some measure (compared to Valhalla of GoW:R).

23 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

It’s highly unlikely that you will get the trophy for maxing all skills before you finish final fantasy mode, that’s one trophy you have to actively grind for after finishing everything else (atleast this was the case last year, but it could be pe patched now in a way that you end up with more points, though as long you don’t buy the last skill the trophy and thus the platinum won’t unlock)

So it's a yes, I guess.

6 hours ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Is it so hard? I'm seeing conflicting viewpoints. All trophy guide say this DLC isn't hard to complete, but some people is struggling, and not because the rogue-like part is lackluster in some measure (compared to Valhalla of GoW:R).

So it's a yes, I guess.

Well I didn't use the rings and I'm on FF mode (but I may use them for Kairos Gate and the water challenge since I'm so over it by now).  Some of the bosses have really annoying patterns with rhythms that remind me of Nameless King in DS3.  They also go ape **** in their last phase doing back-to-back dick moves with little warning, something I don't recall any of the main game bosses doing.  There's a phase in the Leviathan fight that has a time limit and you cannot pass it unless you do it at least like 99% perfectly and not waste any time and not get hit by more than 1 or 2 projectiles.

12 minutes ago, Kessarath said:

Ladies and gentlemen. Will these be the only 2 DLCs for FFXVI? I would like to sell the game if we got all now. Any info from the Devs?  Regards

Devs said they have no further projects for XVI in mind. The adventure probably ends here.

• Like 1

I have found this on Gameinformers site from last month interview with main Devs of FFXVI:

"That's a difficult question," Yoshida tells me through a translator when I ask about more DLC. "My honest answer is, 'I don't know at the moment,' but at the same time, the possibility isn't entirely zero. I don't want to bar out any real possibilities at this time. The reason being is that we did spend a lot of effort [...] and time creating this game [...] and we put a lot of cutting edge technology into this game.

"And because of that, we were able to gain a lot of experience, a lot of learnings, that we can possibly apply to our next project or title. So my honest feeling is that the team does want to take on a new challenge and move on to a different project – maybe it's a completely new game, perhaps in a completely new form of entertainment. I feel like ultimately, that might be the best route for not just the players, but for us as well, too. But again, to reiterate, the possibility of more DLC content for Final Fantasy XVI is not zero."

Edited by Kessarath

On 4/26/2024 at 7:39 AM, FulgidoLucio said:

It's so-so, but I did not have a hard time with Leviathan to be honest. It took me about 4 tries to figure out the DPS check and how to handle it properly. The trick is to use Spitfire as soon as possible, then two more times over the course of that duration of the fight. Wildfire towards Leviathan, avoid the AoEs, dodge precision attack if able, use Shield Burst when able, then spam :square: +:triangle: until he knocks you back, rinse and repeat. 

8 hours ago, Kessarath said:

I have found this on Gameinformers site from last month interview with main Devs of FFXVI:

"That's a difficult question," Yoshida tells me through a translator when I ask about more DLC. "My honest answer is, 'I don't know at the moment,' but at the same time, the possibility isn't entirely zero. I don't want to bar out any real possibilities at this time. The reason being is that we did spend a lot of effort [...] and time creating this game [...] and we put a lot of cutting edge technology into this game.

"And because of that, we were able to gain a lot of experience, a lot of learnings, that we can possibly apply to our next project or title. So my honest feeling is that the team does want to take on a new challenge and move on to a different project – maybe it's a completely new game, perhaps in a completely new form of entertainment. I feel like ultimately, that might be the best route for not just the players, but for us as well, too. But again, to reiterate, the possibility of more DLC content for Final Fantasy XVI is not zero."

I think it is safe to say that if they can milk FFXVI, they will; though, personally I feel as it has reached a proper conclusion. That and I would rather not have to re-download over 100gbs again.

On 4/26/2024 at 2:27 PM, unlazyboy285 said:

Well I didn't use the rings and I'm on FF mode (but I may use them for Kairos Gate and the water challenge since I'm so over it by now).  

Finished the Kairos Gate and I liked it (for what it is worth), but the last boss was definitely the most annoying of the bunch, along side the boss on Floor 15. You can always use the Timely accessories during the Kairos challenge if you're having problems. What I found useful were Phoenix, Levi, and Ultima and upgrading the damage potency % of their moves really, really helpful. 

I'm stuck on phase 3 since Sunday last week. The boss still has an inch or so of purple health during phase 3.

I 1st tried on level 92 and go my ass handed to me. Then level 96 now I'm level 103 and it makes no difference.

Not a chance of beating this phase.

Yes some people have done this, but if nerffed beyond a joke. A patch to make the battle 10 seconds longer would help massively 

On 4/23/2024 at 7:25 AM, FulgidoLucio said:

I'm planning to make FFXVI's platinum my 5000th trophy (DLCs included), so I wanted to ask if FF mode is required to get all DLCs' trophies. 😖

FF mode is required for the platinum, and also two dlc trophies.

On 4/25/2024 at 7:31 AM, Jigsaw said:

I had everything maxed by the time I finished FF mode last year when I platinumed it.  You just have to make sure to wear the accessories that increase AP.  There are two that you can use together, The Wages of Warcraft and The Wages of Warcraft II for 60% more AP per fight between the two.  If I did any grinding it was maybe 30 minutes to an hour tops.

Once I finished everything in FF mode and the first dlc on FF mode I had more than enough to fully upgrade both Rising Tide Eikons and still have 5k left as well.  That was without using those accessories too.