Rising Tide trophy thoughts?

Seems like a pretty straightforward add-on to what they did with the base game list:

- New trial for the Leviathan eikon
- Trophies related to Leviathan skills
- Finish the DLC in Final Fantasy Mode.

The big question mark is Kairos Gate. Not sure how hard it is to get S rank and fight the secret boss in Final Fantasy mode. (I assume one of the trophies is related to said secret boss)

Edited by DragonSpear2462

Seems very different than the previous DLC, excluding beating the game on "Final Fantasy" mode, but one can assume the Kairos gate will be doable on the easiest setting; however, if the last one is anything to go off of, I expect it to be good if not better. 

Seems straightforward and simple enough. It's just a question of what, exactly, completing Kairos Gate entails. If it requires the secret boss, that might be a bit tough (or at least annoying). Nothing else seems like it'll pose a problem. I'm excited!

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I just hope it's not as short as the first one. It's very nice that Square put trophies that need to be done in the highest difficulty.

I wonder if we can fight a stronger version of the final boss now that Leviathan has surfaced

The devs have stated that it is around 5 hours long. Without the inclusion of Kairos Gate. So probably only a couple hours longer than Echoes of the Fallen.

I'm just hopeful that the secret boss is Diabolos. But I won't get my hopes up.

9 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

It's very nice that Square put trophies that need to be done in the highest difficulty.

You got me excited for a sec until I saw the trophy list lol. FF mode is technically the second highest difficulty, not the highest.

Would be cool if there were Ultimaniac arcade mode trophies, heck now that they mostly fixed the scoring system I'd love a S rank related trophy. But this team didn't seem too interested in making a challenging trophy list.

I usually just wait for price cuts on dlcs, but the Kairos gate is exactly the kind of content I want from an action game so I couldn't resist grabbing this. I doubt the trophies will be that bad given the trophy list for the rest of the game, but just trying to S rank everything and playing with the new abilities should be a lot of fun.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BrilloHD said:

Seems straightforward and simple enough. It's just a question of what, exactly, completing Kairos Gate entails. If it requires the secret boss, that might be a bit tough (or at least annoying). Nothing else seems like it'll pose a problem. I'm excited!

I think it would've been more than just a bronze if S ranking it was the case.  Plus the trophy description probably would've said S-Rank Kairos Gate instead of complete Kairos Gate.  I still want to maybe S rank it for the secret boss, even if it's not what people thought it'd be, but we'll see.  Still plugging away at Rise of the Ronin, so it'll be a bit before I get to this dlc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, F-o-D-Aurora said:

Struggling to get the Supersoaker trophy.

I might be misunderstanding the requirements but i swear ive done what is asked for a dozen times now?

Anyone else who has gotten this please help :)

Idk how it triggered exactly for me but I used the R1(im on control layout B I think) on 1 enemy and then hit and killed 2 at the same time with the R2, and thats just using the leviathan arm. Not the special abilities like deluge, or tsunami etc.

• Like 1

For Supersoaker I believe it is for killing 3 or more enemies at once with a Tidal attack. 

An easy way to get this is during the post DLC quest 'Reign of Pain'.  

The miniboss spawns enemies clumped together that die very easily. Just charge up Tidal Stream (during infinite ammo) when they spawn and they will die. That's how I got the trophy.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Valyrious said:

The devs have stated that it is around 5 hours long. Without the inclusion of Kairos Gate. So probably only a couple hours longer than Echoes of the Fallen.

I'm just hopeful that the secret boss is Diabolos. But I won't get my hopes up.

Good idea...

God that Leviathan fight was awful. Does way too much damage compared to the other Eikon fights and that final phase with shit like Maelstrom and Angry Seas I had absolutely no idea how to avoid beyond the invincibility of the square special. If you didn't have mid fight checkpoints that replenish healing items I probably couldn't do it, and that's not getting into the shied phase.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

God that Leviathan fight was awful. Does way too much damage compared to the other Eikon fights and that final phase with shit like Maelstrom and Angry Seas I had absolutely no idea how to avoid beyond the invincibility of the square special. If you didn't have mid fight checkpoints that replenish healing items I probably couldn't do it, and that's not getting into the shied phase.

Maelstrom and the ring aoes can be dodged by jumping up once they pulse/start to close in, then using Ifrit's feat to dash in the air. Never got hit by those attacks by doing this.

This DLC was quite refreshing though given how mild the other DLC was. Even the final boss of this DLC's dungeon was harder than Omega lol.

Edited by PostGameBlues

17 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I can’t seem to do enough damage to Leviathan Bubble in Final Fantasy is it because i’m 85?!!

I had a hard time with that too. You need a near perfect run for that part to destroy it. At the start, use the triangle skill at once. You should be able to use it 3 times on that phase.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Noctualus said:

I had a hard time with that too. You need a near perfect run for that part to destroy it. At the start, use the triangle skill at once. You should be able to use it 3 times on that phase.

That was definitely a must indeed!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lbadplaay said:

Does anyone have info on the Kairos Gate trophy ? How hard is it ?

I’m attempting it right now. While accessories are forbidden, the timely buffs are still available via boon so it will make this trophy easy. If you want a challenge, don’t buy the timely boons.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Noctualus said:

Is there a new stone tablet for the trial? Currently looking for it.

Edit: Found it. From Riversmeet warp, go to Sunken Ruins then keep on going right

Can you include a little more information I cant find this thing for the life of me

2 minutes ago, Someguyinpain170 said:

Can you include a little more information I cant find this thing for the life of me

It’s on the path after those ruins, keep looking at left hand towards the other warp in the North. It’s before you break the wall of bricks that blocks the path towards the North warp.

By the way I posted a video on how to break the bubble with a quick explanation in case someone has trouble!