New non-Chapter Trophy

They've added a single trophy to Dead by Daylight (PS4 - Additional Chapters and PS5 list) titled 'Tanuki in the Fog': 'Discover a hidden guardian at the Yamaoka Estate.'

It's part of a new "DLC" list: Dead by Daylight: Yamaoka Visitor

This is the FIRST time they've added trophies for a non-Chapter update since Dead by Daylight: Winter Solstice in December of 2017.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, papert0wng1rl said:

Any info on how to obtain the trophy? I’m guessing it’s part of the existing Yamaoka Estate map?

It's part of the Yamaoka Estate Realm, yeah. So it can be earned on either the Family Residence variant or the Sanctum of Wrath variant (Spirit and Oni maps). Which is good, because normally trophies can only be done on one of the variants, the notable exception off the top of my head being the 2nd RPD trophy 'Outbreak Breakout' counting progress on both the East and West variant.

I haven't got a chance to download the patch yet, but once I have I'll leave my experience getting the Steam Achievement.

They included a picture on their Twitter a day ago before the patch dropped, I'd assume it'll have a sound cue when close by similar to different Tome Challenges.

Image: https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1782394056418394525

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 1

Just now, lordzeze said:

I believe they are referring to the statues near the middle of the map. If you look away from them they start staring at you.

sort of. It's referring to a new NPC/animal added that on the picture they provided was near the statues. I believe they've wanted to toy with adding animals besides crows for a while now.

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1782394056418394525

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, papert0wng1rl said:

It's found along the walls? The X post makes it look like it's hiding between the creepy statues. Thanks for clearing it up!

Yeah that was confusing me at first too, the actual thing you're looking for though is much bigger than what the Twitter post showed. It's a bit bigger than a totem. It also disappeared when I found it, so I don't know if they're limited or it just disappeared for me specifically 

Edited by FireMage777
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, FireMage777 said:

Yeah that was confusing me at first too, the actual thing you're looking for though is much bigger than what the Twitter post showed. It's a bit bigger than a totem. It also disappeared when I found it, so I don't know if they're limited or it just disappeared for me specifically 

did it have a sound cue?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, FireMage777 said:

To find it? I don't believe so but then again I also play with just my TV speakers. There was a sound after finding it and making it go pop

did you have to interact it with (e.g. a totem or generator)? Or just walk near it?

Also, did you find it on the Family Residence variant or the Sanctum of Wrath variant?

Edited by OmegaRejectz

Just now, OmegaRejectz said:

did you have to interact it with (e.g. a totem or generator)? Or just walk near it?

Also, did you find it on the Estate or the Shrine?

I stood in front of it for like 3 seconds and it went poof. Found it on Estate though Shrine should also work according to the person I messaged who I saw had it before me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FireMage777 said:

Found it on Estate

Good to know. Was just playing through on the Residence and couldn't find it at all. I ran around the entire perimeter and found nothing, and then tried scouring the inside sections and couldn't find it either. Trying to figure out if only one person per game can find it.

Did you have any gens done when you found it?

3 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Good to know. Was just playing through on the Residence and couldn't find it at all. I ran around the entire perimeter and found nothing, and then tried scouring the inside sections and couldn't find it either. Trying to figure out if only one person per game can find it.

Did you have any gens done when you found it?

I ignored everything but looking for the tanuki when I got it. One might have been finished by the other survivors?

Some findings:

1) I found it on the Sanctum of Wrath. This means either variant of the Realm works.

2) I found it as Survivor. I cannot see why Killer wouldn't be able to get this trophy too.

3) I found it before any Survivor had been hooked, and we hadn't completed any generators yet. This means there's no pre-requisite.

4 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Some findings:

1) I found it on the Sanctum of Wrath. This means either variant of the Realm works.

2) I found it as Survivor. I cannot see why Killer wouldn't be able to get this trophy too.

3) I found it before any Survivor had been hooked, and we hadn't completed any generators yet. This means there's no pre-requisite.

I found it and got the trophy as a killer on Sanctum of Wrath as well. But Ive searched the Yamaoka estate 2 times before with no luck. I think it might be exclusive to the Sanctum.

• Like 1

There's me redoing what I did but on Killer

10 minutes ago, CrimsonVoidGX said:

I found it and got the trophy as a killer on Sanctum of Wrath as well. But Ive searched the Yamaoka estate 2 times before with no luck. I think it might be exclusive to the Sanctum.

I can assure you it's not. I got it on Estate initially

• Like 2

Found Tanuki on the edge of the map on family estate after a few attempts. Luckily the first match I decided to record I was able to find it on the edge. It's also good to  know you can do this as killer too.  Also just auto popped the trophy from PS5 to PS4.

Edited by nooitzben
using yt link
  • Like 1

Got it first try on sanctum of wrath as a survivor after being hooked once and we had one generator complete.  Looks like the only question is if multiple people can pop it in the same match or not.

Edited by DJ_Murda_Murk
grammar is hard