Summer 2024 Backlog Challenge

Posted (edited)

*looking at his list of Kill Your Completion games*

:(

If I decide to join, I will probably just pick five of the peanuts in the gallery I'm about to make and just complete them as my completion will be totally destroyed. :lol:

[To be continued...]

Okay, let me iterate. June 28th is when FFXIV will drop Dawntrail, meaning I will busy painting up a virtual storm in Tural with my new Pictomancer job, so I will probably have to be very disciplined. (It does not help that I am recovering from bad snifflies over the past two weeks due to a perfect storm of allergens and dead COVID-19 cells. 🤢)

*sigh* Fine, I know I said I should not be entering a zillion contests, but MidnightDragon seems to like me a lot so I'll join this one too. But don't expect a list right now. I need to work on reworking my list for Kill Your Completion before the event starts as I can't change it when it starts and I made a restriction not to play any games save those for the entire month. My completionist brain will probably cobble together a list eventually. <_<

I'll also be out of the house for three days attending a gaming charity marathon, so from May 19 to May 22, I'll be away from the computer.

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 3

On 4/30/2024 at 12:07 AM, maxfighter23___ said:

i going to join again!

1. Devil may cry 4. 5%

2. fallen legion flames of rebellion 26%

3. Dragonball fighterz ps4 11%

4. megadimension neptunia VII 1%

5. the lego ninjago videogame 11%

this is my list going to be for this challenge!

On 4/30/2024 at 1:16 AM, CurseBanette said:

Joining again! This time my profile is public from the start

1. Vanquish (PS4, JP)

2. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

3. Catherine (EU)

4. Art Of Fighting Anthology

5. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3)

This time I will not exaggerate with the quantity, but I am going to exaggerate with the difficulty instead XD. It's been a while I wanted to play those 5 killers and I am saving them for this challenge. And seems like I have to find a coop partner for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

On 4/30/2024 at 6:30 AM, Hurricane_Tanya said:

I’m in again, I’m going to focus on games I’ve already started (with the exception of Alan Wake which I keep meaning to play).

My list:

- Alan Wake Remastered - 0%
- Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - 22%
- Rocket League - 26%
- Syberia 3 - 25%

- Sea of Stars - 5%
- Jeopardy! - 50%

There are some other games I have in mind, and a lot of this list can be short, but I’ll add them after I get through Alan Wake and Sea of Stars

17 hours ago, Static_Rook said:

Heck yeah, let's go! Trying to mix in some Ultra Rares this time.

Game list-

Elden Ring(PS4) 12%
Enter the Gungeon 7%
Final Fantasy XV 21%
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth(PS4) 7%
Lone Survivor 7%
Metrico 4%
Octopath Traveler II(PS4) 12%
SaGa Frontier Remastered 7%
Tribes of Midgard(PS4) 42%
Various Daylife 8%

I've already got the Elden Ring DLC pre-ordered so I'll be going for the 100%. I also managed to get the Comrades trophies in FFXV so I'll be going for 100% in that as well.

See you in June!

16 hours ago, reaperveteran86 said:

Got my list together (All PS4 if not mentioned otherwise):

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising (EU) 16%

88 Heroes 13%

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash 5%

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness 6%

MXGP 2020 (PS5) 0%

Twisted Metal: Black 4%

Alice Gear Aegis CS: Concerto of Simulatrix (EU) 0%

Since I have Star Ocean on the Spring list, it could be, that the percentage rises until the event starts. If it gets over 50% percent, I remove it from the list.

15 hours ago, Ironloss said:

Oooh this sounds fun! I'm interested in joining!

My game list for the event:

- Fallout 76 0%

- Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS5) 34%

- Days Gone 8%

- Lollipop Chainsaw 7%

- Arcade Game Series: Galaga 28%

- Knight's Contract 8%

I've been attempting to clear up my enormous backlog of unearned trophies, so with the exception of F76 I'm trying to clear up games I've already started haha 

14 hours ago, viech54 said:

I'd like to join again.

Here's my current list:

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim: 0%

Assassin's Creed Origins: 2%

Life is Strange Remastered: 0%

Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered: 0%

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: 10%

This will probably not be my final list. I'll likely switch out the longer games before the event starts or use my swaps to replace some games, the reason being that there are too many other games that won't be usable for this challenge. Such as Final Fantasy XIV Dawntrail and the Elden Ring DLC. Although I might delay playing Elden Ring by a bit. Not sure yet. Meaning I have at most one month to complete 5 games. Anyway, I still intend to complete the challenge, but with shorter games this time.

14 hours ago, playmyflute2 said:

Need to be apart of this. Backlog is terrible. here is my list for now may change a bit if I decide to go back to these before 

- stray ps4 : 4%
- god of war ragnarok: 27%

-forspoken: 31%
- last of us part 1: 1%
- horizon forbidden west: 8%
- Spider-Man 2: 52%
- immortals of Aveum: 47%

14 hours ago, nyx770 said:

Ill join this , sounds like a good way to get games done .

my list :

Sea of Stars 14%

Inscryption  40%

Slime Rancher 2 - unreleased

Spyro trilogy-0%

Oxenfree -0%

Deaths Door -0%

8 hours ago, Fanatixa1 said:

I would like to join again! This is my list for now :) 

1. Elden Ring - 8%

2. Planet Zoo - 16%

3. Dave the Diver - 0%

4. Assassin's Creed Mirage - 5%

5. RayMan Origins - 25%

5 hours ago, greggors95 said:

I'll join again why not I like trying to challenge myself.

This is the list I've decided will by summer gaming.

1.) Assassins Creed II- 0%

2.) Sea of Stars- 0%

3.) Deliver us to Mars- 0%

4.) Last of us Part 1- 0%

5.) God of War Ragnorok- 3%

6.) Ghost of Tsushima- 0%

7.) Jax and Daxter Precursor Legacy- 0%

8.) Forspoken- 8%

9.) Plague Tale Reqiuem- 0%

10.) Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor- 35%

Added

26 minutes ago, YokA_sun said:

I will sign up but I am not quite sure about the rules as this "Unreleased games are fine as long as they're released and you buy them within the challenge's timeframe". If my understanding is correct then all new games count. I don't have much of a backlog (I clear any game I buy on the way) but since I have huge tasks in summer and a trip, I want to set up goals for playing some new games otherwise I might not pick them up. Let me know if this is not fine. So it's mostly new games (future backlog) list. I label them with (*) and they are the main ones I am targeting. The other ones all have 0% as well and some of them are region stacks of old games on my backlog list of stacks (I am into completing stacks of RPGs). I will update the list close to June 1.

1)  Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes 

2) The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak (*)

3) The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (PS4)

4) The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails (NA)

5) The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero (EU)

6) The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure (EU)

7) Black Myth: Wukong (*)

😎 Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance (*)

9) Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree (*)

10) Cat Quest III (*)

11) The Last Faith (EU)

12) Warm Snow

13) Marvel's Midnight Suns(PS4)

14) Demoniaca: Everlasting Night (PS4)

15) Blasphemous

16) Blasphemous II 

17) Catmaze (PS4)

18) Fearmonium (PS4)

19) Skautfold: Shrouded in Sanity (PS4)

20) WRC 10

21) The Crew Motorfest

Added. It just means you can add unreleased games that come out between May 1 and August 31 (the challenge's timeframe)

On 4/30/2024 at 5:24 AM, DaveB-2204 said:

I'm definitely in for the summer challenge. Will post my list closer to the time as need to see how I end the Spring challenge.  

14 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

*looking at his list of Kill Your Completion games*

:(

If I decide to join, I will probably just pick five of the peanuts in the gallery I'm about to make and just complete them as my completion will be totally destroyed. :lol:

[To be continued...]

Okay, let me iterate. June 28th is when FFXIV will drop Dawntrail, meaning I will busy painting up a virtual storm in Tural with my new Pictomancer job, so I will probably have to be very disciplined. (It does not help that I am recovering from bad snifflies over the past two weeks due to a perfect storm of allergens and dead COVID-19 cells. 🤢)

*sigh* Fine, I know I said I should not be entering a zillion contests, but MidnightDragon seems to like me a lot so I'll join this one too. But don't expect a list right now. I need to work on reworking my list for Kill Your Completion before the event starts as I can't change it when it starts and I made a restriction not to play any games save those for the entire month. My completionist brain will probably cobble together a list eventually. <_<

I'll also be out of the house for three days attending a gaming charity marathon, so from May 19 to May 22, I'll be away from the computer.

8 hours ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Sign me up again Mate!

I wont be able to post my list until towards the end of Springs event (just because I am not sure what I will get through between now and then) 

This time however I am going to try and tackle a few more games that have been sitting in the backlog for a LONG time, with a sneaky goal that I will announce when I post my list!

Thanks for running this as always! 

You all will be added once you give me your lists. :) 

• Like 3

On 5/1/2024 at 9:43 AM, MidnightDragon said:

You all will be added once you give me your lists. :)

I know what games I want to submit for my list... the problem is that a few of these are being used for my Kill Your Completion list, so I can't give a percentage of trophies earned. I can tell you the games that I won't be altering before the event starts in a partial list and then put the other games as "unknown" until I finish the games in my Kill Your Completion list and make changes if any of them hit over 33%(unlikely).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I know what games I want to submit for my list... the problem is that a few of these are being used for my Kill Your Completion list, so I can't give a percentage of trophies earned. I can tell you the games that I won't be altering before the event starts in a partial list and then put the other games as "unknown" until I finish the games in my Kill Your Completion list and make changes if any of them hit over 33%(unlikely).

That works. 

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

That works. 

Okay, then! I'll submit my incomplete list and update it once I get the games that are being worked on for Kill Your Completion. (I already have one prepped.)

1. LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (0%)
  2. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (9%)
  3. LEGO DC Super Villains (unknown)
  4. TY The Tasmanian Tiger (11%)
  5. Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm (2%)
  6. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (PS5) (10%)
  7. Trials of Mana (unknown)
  8. Legend of Mana (10%)
  9. Nexomon: Extinction (unknown)
  10. Evoland: Legendary Edition (45%)

The game that might up burning swaps is LEGO Batman2 as, while I am confident that the PS3 I now own won't burn out and die on me, I don't want to risk being unable to complete it should the inevitable happen. The PS3 is very used since it was gotten at an estate sale so I don't know how many years it has left, and I just booted it up the second time in my ownership yesterday to think of something. :lol:

I'm putting Evoland back up there again as I still haven't finished Evoland 2. I'm so far in the beginning that I might just delete my save and start the whole Evoland 2 over from scratch. :(

LEGO Batman 3, Trials of Mana, LEGO DC Super Villains and Nexomon: Extinction are on my Kill Your Completion list. Nexomon: Extinction is my second game I will do this weekend and Trials of Mana will be my third. LEGO DC Super Villains is deep in the list, the days before I leave for Utah, so I will be update that entry on the 18th of May when I am done with it, completing the full initial list.

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Okay, then! I'll submit my incomplete list and update it once I get the games that are being worked on for Kill Your Completion. (I already have one prepped.)

1. LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (0%)
  2. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (9%)
  3. LEGO DC Super Villains (unknown)
  4. TY The Tasmanian Tiger (11%)
  5. Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm (2%)
  6. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (PS5) (10%)
  7. Trials of Mana (unknown)
  8. Legend of Mana (10%)
  9. Nexomon: Extinction (unknown)
  10. Evoland: Legendary Edition (45%)

The game that might up burning swaps is LEGO Batman2 as, while I am confident that the PS3 I now own won't burn out and die on me, I don't want to risk being unable to complete it should the inevitable happen. The PS3 is very used since it was gotten at an estate sale so I don't know how many years it has left, and I just booted it up the second time in my ownership yesterday to think of something. :lol:

I'm putting Evoland back up there again as I still haven't finished Evoland 2. I'm so far in the beginning that I might just delete my save and start the whole Evoland 2 over from scratch. :(

LEGO Batman 3, Trials of Mana, LEGO DC Super Villains and Nexomon: Extinction are on my Kill Your Completion list. Nexomon: Extinction is my second game I will do this weekend and Trials of Mana will be my third. LEGO DC Super Villains is deep in the list, the days before I leave for Utah, so I will be update that entry on the 18th of May when I am done with it, completing the full initial list.

Even if you go over on the unknowns, you have more than five, so you're good. Added.