Am I screwed? PS3 crashed, trophies look lost

DannPS

Hello, I started x-men origins wolverine today and got over half the trophies, my ps3 then crashed and it says I have 0% I have been playing the ps3 since it launched and never seen this before, I thought ok I'll sync them and they should be there, no still nothing, I started the game and still says 0%, my save and stats are all there and correct, so I thought I will earn a trophy and I did and then I was on 1% am I screwed? Do I have to redo everything and even if I do redo everything the timestamps are all messed up and it will look like I have cheated. I think I am screwed because I never sync any of the trophies before so It does look like I never earned them, but my save and stats are still there. Any help will be really appreciated. 

Is a rare ps3 thing, if you freeze at the exact frame a trophy unlocks, all the unsynched trophies will be wiped out from the profile (i think only for the affected game, I'm not sure though). When this happens, to avoid a messed up timestamps you gotta delete the save and start over before launching the game again, no other solution.

I got this thing on Darkstalker Resurrection and I knew I had to redo everything from scratch again.

• Like 3

This has happened to me as well, but with a different game. Unfortunately I wasn't able to "restore" any of the trophies which have been lost.

I'm no expert on this topic, the way I understood it is that the ps3 freezes right at the moment when you earn another trophy (in just this second you wouldn't be able to locally see the trophy list of said game on your system as it disappears for a few seconds before being "added again" to the console with the most recent trophy being earned).

When the crash happens, the process of being "added again" to your local list of trophies doesn't complete, resulting in a loss of any unsynced trophies. 

Be careful, though, as reloading your save file could result in you popping multiple trophies at the same time (depends on the game) and therefore earning for example multiple story trophies one after another, constituting a reason to be flagged here on psnprofiles. 

Edit:

@VirtualNight was faster and stated what you need to know :)

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_

I have just restarted the game and started my stats all over the again, but I did get 3 trophies that unlock at the end of chapter 2, so am i going to get flagged for cheating? 

26 minutes ago, DannPS said:

I have just restarted the game and started my stats all over the again, but I did get 3 trophies that unlock at the end of chapter 2, so am i going to get flagged for cheating? 

Use this thread as your defense, but that does technically violate the rules of the PSNP leaderboards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DannPS said:

This honestly sucks, nothing I can do, I do not mind restarting the game because I did not get far and it is brilliant, but if i do get flagged how will I know?

Someone will eventually report you. So if you don't want to be reported, hide the list. I confirmed that your trophy order is not organically possible.

Yeah, no matter what the reasoning or excuse may be, the trophy pattern wouldn't be considered "normal gameplay".

I can see some petty forum user flagging your list for sure, but the real factor is whether CRT would approve the flag knowing it wasn't a deliberately malicious act on your part.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DannPS said:

So just to be safe I might as well hide the list?

If you wanted to avoid the worst case scenario, sure. Being flagged just means you're not on the leaderboard, so unless that's important to you it's not necessary to worry about hiding the list.

Who knows, maybe nobody reports the trophies. Maybe CRT doesn't approve the flag.

51 minutes ago, DannPS said:

This honestly sucks, nothing I can do, I do not mind restarting the game because I did not get far and it is brilliant, but if i do get flagged how will I know?

Sadly Sony not testing every options/situations that can happen on their consoles and after all those problems happening with regular players