I don't get the hate for the new update.

Heya! Title, basically. I got back into Fall Guys after not playing for 2(ish) years. Jumped in RIGHT as the update hit.

I'm not entirely sure why people dislike this? Only 3 rounds is perfectly fine, and I personally think it's even better for people trying to get the 5 wins trophies.

Endless mode is also really good! It's fun to just chill and know you're still working on your battle pass.

TLDR: Newish player, I personally really like the update.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

@KenjiCBZ I want to see you fight this user to the death :devil:

spacer.png

Yeah It could be better Trophy wise, but for those like me who don't care (Anymore) about the Trophies and just want to have fun playing, this update is terrible.

We used to have 60 players per lobbies, then 40... Now 32, only 3 rounds. That's too few. 3 rounds was an exceptionally rare case if too many people died in a survival round or something, matches usually had 5 rounds at least. Matches end super quickly even if you make it to the final, and winning doesn't feel the same. I know I said I would quit and all but... I still haven't elaborated it :lol: I played today for a couple of hours, got 3 wins, and it still felt depressing.

The round variety is terrible too: before this update we used to have a rotation of 57 maps, now it's just 40. And out of these 40, most are custom made maps, rather than official ones made my the devs. Most of the community, including me, truly dislikes creative. I don't understand why they wouldn't just put a playlist for creative, and one for the official maps, they way it was before. Can't they just coexist? AND MOST IMPORTANTLY WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A SINGLE PLAYER VERSION OF HOOPSIE DAISY WHEN YOU LITERALLY HAVE HOOPSIE LEGENDS?

Oh and regarding the modes, they completely got away of the time limited mode, that used to change every 7 days. That was very helpful to keep the game fresh, now it's not an option anymore. All we have is Explore or whatever it's called for those kids who want to chill around, and Knockout/Solo, Squads and Duo that last 10 seconds and mostly consist of shitty maps.

They also made some changes to the physics, which were completely unnecessary. Yeah I know, it's to prepare the game for its mobile port... How about that one fucks off? Thanks.

They are basically tending the game to a brand new playerbase, not we console players anymore.

They also changed the emotes work: it used to be that you just emoted by pressing an arrow, now you have to open a huge wheel that covers the whole screen and then select the emote. This is unconventional as it takes too long and covers the screen, thus distracting you from the game. There were players like me who loved spamming emotes in quiet situation, now we no longer can. :(

I've seen plenty of people who had been playing the game for years like me who gave it up completely. Give a look on the sub reddit and you will se like 99% of the community agreeing with me with the exception of some losers rudely saying we exaggerate and blah blah blah just to act cool, some even with throwaway accounts.

• Like 4

I was playing for fun rather than competition and the explore mode really killed that since you're not going from one round to the next with the same people, rounds can take 30 mins to time out now, and creative rounds are just not that fun most of the time. The solos chill mode they had before was perfect.

As for Knockout Mode, it's just too few people and ends too quickly now, so also kills the fun. The round variety is much smaller now too and has more creative rounds which are the worst type.

If you're playing for trophies or for grinding out the fame pass then sure, it's fine, but it's not fun anymore, at least not for me.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The thing is most people already have the trophies (or don't care) and play for fun, so they don't really matter at the moment of updating a 4-year old game. The update kills the fun and make the matches worse than before.

You need to consider the custom maps are created by the community, so they weren't properly tested, and most aren't balanced. There's no logic in putting custom maps in the main game. It's like making the Fortnite normal matches in those custom created maps with traps everywhere.

Also, what Kenji said, they aren't rotating modes anymore, those time-limited events kept the game fresh, now they're gone.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 4

I never played the original version of Fall Guys, so I have nothing to compare it to and personally have always enjoyed playing it since I picked it up about a year or so ago. It probably helps that I have a regular group of friends to play with, however. I even purchased the paid battle pass at one point, the skins are far too laughable to not show off and have a giggle about. Consistent, great fun imo!

At this point, I'm glad I didn't play the original version of the game, so as to remain ignorant to how apparently superior it was. Everybody else seems to complain that the game is terrible now? :giggle:

• Like 1

I joined fall guys after f2p I have like 200 hours play time. However I never had the chance to play the most iconic lost temple and royal fumble. Man, I really wanna play lost temple.

In season 2 space themed maps are cool but they just never showed up after season 2. What’s wrong with the map rotation?

Posted (edited)

I'm just hoping they add the og rounds in a separate playlist at least. Also, a temporary Fall Ball mode playlist like they did last year, since the Low Baller trophy will remain unobtainable otherwise.

I was planing on getting the PS5 stack plat one day but after getting the platinum for the EU stack, I think I'll pass on that.

Edited by LorenzoLame

Posted (edited)

Looks like they were getting a lot of complaints because they've announced a few changes

• Knockout Mode increasing from 3 rounds to 4 (sorry OP!)
  • Increased level variety for each game (but the level pool is staying the same)
  • Changing the final round selection
  • Fixing some Squads and Duos mode levels
  • Reduced the number of survival levels in Explore mode
Edited by InsomniWrench
  • Like 2

They also made it near impossible to get crowns now. Before we would get shards for weekly challenges and once you got the rewards from the fame pass every level up to a point would give you 30 shards. Now the fame pass is smaller with hardly any shards and the only other way to get them is to complete some grindy daily challenges. I was close to getting the gold knight finally but with how things are now I may never get it.

32 minutes ago, Mercenary09 said:

They also made it near impossible to get crowns now. Before we would get shards for weekly challenges and once you got the rewards from the fame pass every level up to a point would give you 30 shards. Now the fame pass is smaller with hardly any shards and the only other way to get them is to complete some grindy daily challenges. I was close to getting the gold knight finally but with how things are now I may never get it.

They also made a change that gives you 5 crown shards for each round you complete in Explore, but it's not much. Crazy that crowns used to be the main currency in the game and now they're an afterthought.

• Like 1

Basically, this game has been a pitiful game for at least a year, and this update is the worst of them all, which was already hard. Creative can't be the basis of this game, it should just be an add-on.
Devolver Diigital brought a fun and competitive game. When Mediatonic sold out to Epic, it was the beginning of the end. Almost all skins were free, there were a few dlcs per season and they were good, 5 euros for 3 skins. Now they spam skins and recolors for quite expensively prices.
There were also events where you could get items, there is nothing like that for a long time.
The quality of the original maps compared to the current ones is a joke too, visually they are ugly, the gameplay is worse and they don't improve even the worst ones created with Unity.
There are no llimited time shows either.
They vaulted several maps with excuses like they are broken or the server doesn't support so many maps at once (XD?) I wonder what servers these people use, any online game has much more content, but they can't support 90 maps at a time with their variants?
In any case, if true, they haven't fixed a single map in years. They're just lazy people who are obviously interested in having others create maps for them, so they'll just sleep in the office.
We can talk about support, Mediatonic had the best support I've ever seen, while Epic is the worst, they don't know what they're talking about, they don't know how to solve the simplest problems, and, moreover their staff hides under ridiculous IDs.
Talking a bit about trophies, trophies are not autopoping since years, and they will never fix it, while Mediatonic support always helped manually with it. You can't win them again either unless . unless you link and unlink epic accounts.
The platinum difficulty is also a joke. Ok, before it was difficulty 10 and it was insane (even 7-8 with the glitch). With squads and temporary shows it was already a good balanced challenge.
But recently we have seen shows where you could win  5 games in a row being afk, or shows where everyone wins with no effort at all, reaching the finish line in a simple race. They are laughing at those who obtained it in 2020-2021.
Same with crowns, in season 1 winning a crown was an odyssey. Now the skill of the players is much lower than on day 1, but also the games last much less. There were shows where you could join with 3 alt accounts and win a crown every 30 seconds without fighting anyone, even some days where you won 30/40 shards without even reaching the finish line, pathetic.
With the previous pass you could get 130 crowns without winning a single game. They have also reduced the timeout from 5 minutes to 3. 
There have been no real seasons for a long time, just a season pass and that's all.
Their system is based on trying to sell skins while offering nothing to the player. Their next wonderful idea is to release the game on mobile, and since it won't support maps created with Unity, that's one of the reasons why they're deleting  the classic maps little by little. They also trashed the mechanics, making the bean jump higher almost 4 years later for no reason. This will be an excuse for them to delete the old maps, because now on those maps you can get to places you shouldn't be able to get to. And of course it makes everything easier.
In short, Epic only wants new kids who can win by luck and hopefully spend money in their store, they have pushed away all the classic and/or competitive players, it is a mediocre and noob company. I would be very surprised if they are currently making money with Fall Guys, managing the number of players they manage and seeing very few skins purchased from each pack. They will close soon, but it would be nice if they change the name of the game, since this has nothing to do with Fall Guys.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

It’s still an enjoyable game but man, these lobbies are slower to fill than last year. 

Epic should have commissioned media production for Fall Guys by now, a cartoon or anime or whatever. Squeezing monetisation going to worsen engagement with this game. 

Edited by Eraezr

The Fall Of Guys, much?

I want a Fall Guys 2.

So…

…between “Electric Boogaloo” and “The Search For More Money”, which subtitle do y’all believe would best suit a successor to this?