Free Godzilla DLC drops on May 23rd

Ghost

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Is there any more info on exactly what this DLC will entail?

ย 

More details here:ย https://blog.playstation.com/2024/05/16/dave-the-diver-free-godzilla-dlc-arrives-may-23/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The Dredge DLC didn't get any so I doubt this will either.

Yeah Iโ€™m hoping that was because that dlc was already out before the game came out on ps. Although Iโ€™m probably just wishful thinking lol I guess we will know May 23!

Doubt it will have trophies.ย  If you check out the very small print at the bottom on the PlayStation blog, it reads, "Dave the Diverโ€” Godzilla Content Pack is a time-limited free DLC, only available from May 23 until November 23".ย  Should still be fun though.ย  :)ย 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

Doubt it will have trophies.ย  If you check out the very small print at the bottom on the PlayStation blog, it reads, "Dave the Diverโ€” Godzilla Content Pack is a time-limited free DLC, only available from May 23 until November 23".ย  Should still be fun though.ย  :)ย 

What exactly does that mean though... Does it mean after Nov 23 it is gone for good or it is no longer free and will become paid dlc?ย ย :hmm:

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

What exactly does that mean though... Does it mean after Nov 23 it is gone for good or it is no longer free and will become paid dlc?ย ย :hmm:

No, it means the DLC will be delisted once November 23rd rolls round.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

18 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

No, it means the will be delisted once November 23rd rolls round.

No, it means its free until November 23, why on earth would they delist the DLC? Itโ€™s not Nintendo.

ย 

And itโ€™s highly probable it has trophies, it feels it has actual story and new bosses. Dredge DLC is just new fishes and some hooded guys paying for aberrant sushi, and 2 new weapons.

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 4:40 PM, BlackTorito said:

No, it means its free until November 23, why on earth would they delist the DLC? Itโ€™s not Nintendo.

ย 

And itโ€™s highly probable it has trophies, it feels it has actual story and new bosses. Dredge DLC is just new fishes and some hooded guys paying for aberrant sushi, and 2 new weapons.

If it's gets delisted, it will be because the license has expired like it has for so many other DLCs in the past (the Zen Pinball developed Pinball games come to mind, along with the Stranger Things DLC for Dead by Daylight) but we'll know one way or the other about the availability when November rolls rounds. As for DLC trophies, we'll know for sure if we're getting any if the Steam Achievements list is updated in a few days time: https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1868140/achievements

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

If it's gets delisted, it will be because the license has expired like it has for so many other DLCs in the past (the Zen Pinball developed Pinball games come to mind, along with the Friday the 13th DLC for Dead by Daylight) but we'll know one way or the other about the availability when November rolls rounds. As for DLC trophies, we'll know for sure if we're getting any if the Steam Achievements list is updated in a few days time: https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1868140/achievements

I see, that makes sense since they use everything about Godzilla brand, I guess they shouldโ€™ve called it straight a โ€œcollaborationโ€ even though is technically a DLC.

ย 

Then never mind, I donโ€™t think there will be trophies, it would be a d*** move to put trophies behind something limited, even though it makes sense content wise.

I thought it meant it was only free for a limited time and then you would have to pay for it, but after some reading it seems like Toho is really protective over their licence and Godzilla games have been delisted before, which sucks.

ย 

Iโ€™ve never heard of a time limited dlc, and it sounds like an awful idea to me personally. I still hope it has trophies but it doesnโ€™t look good.

• Like 3

On 5/17/2024 at 9:59 AM, HuntingFever said:

along with the Friday the 13th DLC for Dead by Daylight

? DbD has never had F13 DLC.

ย 

Stranger Things did get delisted however. It was around for 2 years. Got taken away for 2 years.

Huh.

ย 

1) Did not expect it to be free

2) Didnโ€™t think itโ€™d be limited time

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

? DbD has never had F13 DLC.

ย 

Stranger Things did get delisted however. It was around for 2 years. Got taken away for 2 years.

Huh.

ย 

1) Did not expect it to be free

2) Didnโ€™t think itโ€™d be limited time

Fudge :facepalm:. You're absolute right, I got my games completely mixed up for some reason.

Posted (edited)

The patch notes are now live and they confirm that not only aren't we getting any new trophies with this DLC but it's getting delisted in November:ย https://steamcommunity.com/games/1868140/announcements/detail/4145079037715714519

ย 

Also, there was also an issue with the Ration Eater and Dev Killer trophies that has now been fixed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1