How to get the Editions for trophies on Expansion Pack 2 and 5

AyyRobo

I recently purchased the OG physical disc for Minecraft on the PS4. I've almost got 100% for the main trophy list, just missing the trophies for Expansion Pack 2 and 5. Is there a workaround to be able to access this DLC?

There are as many workarounds as there are trophies in these 2 DLCs but the 2 most reliable ones are as follows:

1: Get a Japanese copy, because that never got the killswitch update which disabled the Editions button.

2: Buy the pre-Bedrock Edition of the game (the one with Diamond Armour Steve on the cover), delete any and all previous installs and saves, then start a new game offline with no patches installed. Now play for a few minutes, then save, quit the game, install the latest patch, then, if everything goes to plan, you will have the Editions Button on the main menu.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There are as many workarounds as there are trophies in these 2 DLCs but the 2 most reliable ones are as follows:

1: Get a Japanese copy, because that never got the killswitch update which disabled the Editions button.

2: Buy the pre-Bedrock Edition of the game (the one with Diamond Armour Steve on the cover), delete any and all previous installs and saves, then start a new game offline with no patches installed. Now play for a few minutes, then save, quit the game, install the latest patch, then, if everything goes to plan, you will have the Editions Button on the main menu.

I only bought the Pre-Bedrock edition with the old cover. Tried the second workaround as you've put down atleast five times, no luck.

Edited by AyyRobo

1 minute ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

You could feasibly just ask someone that has the trophies if they could invite you into their game for the trophies

That has been tried multiple times by different people and it doesn't work at all. All that happens is the second player gets a random connection error and is booted straight back to the main menu, whilst the host sits there wondering what's going on :(.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That has been tried multiple times by different people and it doesn't work at all. All that happens is the second player gets a random connection error and is booted straight back to the main menu, whilst the host sits there wondering what's going on :(.

I was able to pull another person in it's how I got mine awhile back but perhaps they had the right edition I'm not sure 

I bought the old pre-Bedrock PS4 Edition on disc a few days ago, installed it, paused the update, played it for a few minutes, installed the latest update and the "Editions" button appeared on the title menu.

EUR version disc.

Edited by StarWolf3000
  • Like 1

This is one of those questions that people will give you a million different answers to but there will never be a definitive way to do it by yourself legit. The only way that is 100% guaranteed to work is surrendering your PSN account to someone who has the editions button and letting them get the trophies for you... which I will never ever do.

I'm willing to take the L on this game, and by 'L' I mean "Lesson Learned" - it taught me to always research multiplayer games before starting them. The true 'L' is Mojang's to hold.  Besides, it's not like it's the only game with an unobtainable 100% on my profile. I'll live lol

On 6/16/2024 at 12:36 PM, HuntingFever said:

Been a minute since I played MC but pretty sure that second method doesn't work.

I have two disc copies of this game. I'm not gonna buy any more. At least not any time soon!

On 6/17/2024 at 12:30 PM, HuntingFever said:

Yep, correct. This definitely does not work.

4 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

This is one of those questions that people will give you a million different answers to but there will never be a definitive way to do it by yourself legit. The only way that is 100% guaranteed to work is surrendering your PSN account to someone who has the editions button and letting them get the trophies for you... which I will never ever do.

I'm willing to take the L on this game, and by 'L' I mean "Lesson Learned" - it taught me to always research multiplayer games before starting them. The true 'L' is Mojang's to hold.  Besides, it's not like it's the only game with an unobtainable 100% on my profile. I'll live lol

Been a minute since I played MC but pretty sure that second method doesn't work.

I have two disc copies of this game. I'm not gonna buy any more. At least not any time soon!

Yep, correct. This definitely does not work.

The second method did work fairly recently according to this post so the devs must have changed something if it isn't working now :(https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/82835-is-it-possible-to-get-the-mini-game-trophies-without-the-editions-version/?do=findComment&comment=2942662

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

On 6/17/2024 at 11:37 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

I was able to pull another person in it's how I got mine awhile back but perhaps they had the right edition I'm not sure 

I was the person that was successfully able to assist Taliesin with those MP trophies very recently. It could be that we both had the “right” edition though. Either way, I’m happy to attempt the invite if you’d like 😊

What got it to work with me was using the older disc.  May be a no go for others as it required me deleting my psn profile from the console before starting the game. Read in full. It is repeatable (I have different dates for each group)

1. Deleted psn profile (only if you know your login info)

2. Deleted all minecraft data.

3. Disconnect PS5 from internet

4. Install via disc.

5. Create guest account (no psn account... yet)

6. Play game unpatched. 

7. While playing reconnect to internet, allow update to download.

8. Install update and restart using guest account

9. When you can see the editions button, sign into your psn account.

10. Profit.

You would need to do this each time you logged in, but I was able to repeat it multiple times in 2021. 

warning: Only true downfall behind deleting your profile I've been able to potentially identify is the removal of screen shots and videos may go with it?  Everything else should remain and work perfectly find once your account is reconnected to the console. 

Think another option was if you can get the edition button with a guest account, I just joined with my psn on a second controller and then clicked the editions button and it worked out as well.   Maybe I'll try to play with it tonight. 

I just followed this post

On 2/27/2024 at 1:27 PM, igs63 said:

Old disc version was the way for me. Ordered one on eBay and did it a few days back. I didn’t need to have any alt accounts or deactivate/reactive primary as mentioned in other replies, so this is what I did:

1. If you’ve already played the newer version, completely delete the installation and any local save data.
  2. Turn off the internet on your PlayStation.
  3. Install the old disc version.
  4. Launch the game, start a world, play a bit if you want, save and quit. Close the game.
  5. Turn the internet back on and allow the game to update to the latest version.
  6. Launch the game again, it should recognise you played an older version, welcome you to the new version, ask if you want to migrate your old world, etc.
  7. Editions button should now be in your menu, allowing you to get into the minigame modes.

Though when I was given the option to convert my world to the new format (no one mentions this) I refused it, Editions button was there on the menu when I got there.  Literally did this 5 mins ago, so it is still working.

4 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I just followed this post

Though when I was given the option to convert my world to the new format (no one mentions this) I refused it, Editions button was there on the menu when I got there.  Literally did this 5 mins ago, so it is still working.

OK I'm gonna try this later tonight but please, people

hawkeye-clint-barton.gif

Nope, just tried this. No editions button, as predicted.

I own two discs: the 'Playstation edition' and another one which I'm assuming is the Bedrock edition.

Did the 'trick' on the Playstation edition and it didn't work.

I've no doubt that it's working for a minority of people but for most it's the same story as it was 4 years ago.

14 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Nope, just tried this. No editions button, as predicted.

I own two discs: the 'Playstation edition' and another one which I'm assuming is the Bedrock edition.

Did the 'trick' on the Playstation edition and it didn't work.

I've no doubt that it's working for a minority of people but for most it's the same story as it was 4 years ago.

OG Release:

81EXJRmpPfL._SL1500_.jpg

Bedrock Edition:

81VcqXIns4L._SL1500_.jpg

If you want to get the Editions button via whichever exploit you want to use, you need the OG release of the game, otherwise it won't be there :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

OG Release:

81EXJRmpPfL._SL1500_.jpg

Bedrock Edition:

81VcqXIns4L._SL1500_.jpg

If you want to get the Editions button via whichever exploit you want to use, you need the OG release of the game, otherwise it won't be there :(.

Yep, the first one is the one I tried it with ('Playstation Edition' is OG release). Didn't work. 

3 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Yep, the first one is the one I tried it with ('Playstation Edition' is OG release). Didn't work. 

Did you delete all traces of the game from your console?

I refused everything it offered, update worlds, MS acc etc

Also, what's the ID on your disc?  Mines CUSA00265

EDIT - probably a stupid question I know, but when you get to the first menu screen are you clicking the bottom option to take you to the 'main menu'?

Edited by Dark_Overlord

2 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Did you delete all traces of the game from your console?

I refused everything it offered, update worlds, MS acc etc

Also, what's the ID on your disc?  Mines CUSA00265

EDIT - probably a stupid question I know, but when you get to the first menu screen are you clicking the bottom option to take you to the 'main menu'?

Yep,  I even did it on both my PS4 and my PS5 - the latter of which I don't think I've ever played Minecraft on so there was nothing to even delete. Doesn't work.

Yep, my disk ID is exactly the same as yours. Doesn't work. And yes, I clicked to get to the 'main menu', refused conversions and refused MS signs ups lol. Doesn't work...

I first attempted this 4 years ago (when the 'invite' way failed) so I know this particular method very well. tbh the only reason why I even attempted this today was just so I could come back and say it doesn't work in 2024 lol

If it worked for you then , congrats, you got lucky 😀 but, essentially, what we have to remember is that this is not a "workaround" but a glitch - and a glitch, by its very nature, is inconsistent. If this was a true workaround then most people would have these trophies by now....

Anyway, it's no biggie for me because I made my peace with it years ago, but for anyone reading who is interested in getting these trophies, know that for the majority of you all the suggested methods will not work. Hopefully, this debate can finally be put to rest now lol