Traced is the worst trophy ever created.

TieDyeHawk

Today,I let my PS4 worked from 2AM to 10AM and nothing happened.This trophy is most bullshit trophy i've seen.Damn it Ubisoft.

I spent total 20h+ for this trophy and now I think Im going to drop it.Or maybe wait a patch from Ubisoft.

Edited by Niarbrebyc

I'm hoping this will just happen for me over the course of collecting. I'd hate to think I have to do more online hacking or tailing than is necessary. I straight up suck at this game. People find me way too easily. Both a lack of skill and bad luck is making this very

un-enjoyable! Can't even be bothered to try and find hackers anymore. Free pass getting ahead on that trophy if you happen to invade me!

Awoohoo! Got the Traced Trophy last night. Casts a shadow over how I thought tailing works. Only actually noticed I'd been tailed twice since I started.

One of those two times it popped up I was being Invaded then 2 seconds after it said I lost. That was a quick tail! 

The second didn't even say i'd been invaded I just lost and got the Trophy.

This shouldn't bother me anymore but as I still need to get the Piggybacked Trophy I wanna know why people I tail seem to know I'm coming and where I am before I even get in range

A couple of things - usually map related.

If you are being invaded and bring up the map then the yellow Aiden marker will keep moving (assuming you're in a car). If people see that, they immediately know they're being invaded. 

Same if they try and fast travel or join an online session themselves - the game will tell them that those actions are unavailable.

So it may be bad luck that people are checking their map just as you're closing in.

When it comes to hacking, I found climbing on top of a train station roof to be the most effective strategy. No-one ever climbed up there to check.

For tailing, once you've managed to profile them just stay as far away as you can whilst maintaining line of sight. The tailing meter fills up pretty quick.

I've seen a lot of people complain about this particular trophy, so naturally I was concerned about not being able to get it. After about 2 hours of playing online, I had it, and it helped to have a lot of pointers from people that had it already. So my input is this:

What I found is that if you hack someone online, you have a higher chance of being hacked yourself. A lot of people say that, but that was definitely what it felt like when I played online. If you tail players, it seems like you will end up being invaded by players who are searching for players to tail - which naturally means that if you're after the Traced trophy, keep tailing people. This is literally the best way to get this trophy - you have a higher chance of being tailed if you tail online.

A lot of people also mentioned that they weren't sure if successful / unsuccessful tails counted toward the trophy. So, I kept track of mine (or tried to). I caught 3 of the hackers tailing me and I'm pretty sure that 2 or 3 escaped, so what I'm led to believe is that regardless of whether or not they tail you successfully, it will contribute towards the trophy (it literally says "GET TAILED 5 TIMES" so it makes sense).

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

Isn't the point of tailing that you never know you're being tailed? 

Yup. Although I had great fun by firing off a few shots and causing panic just before the meter filled to 100%. The other player suddenly panicking just before it was too late was funny. I wish that this game had gestures like in Dark Souls so that I could wander up to the other player right at the end and take a bow. 

I've seen a lot of people complain about this particular trophy, so naturally I was concerned about not being able to get it. After about 2 hours of playing online, I had it, and it helped to have a lot of pointers from people that had it already. So my input is this:

What I found is that if you hack someone online, you have a higher chance of being hacked yourself. A lot of people say that, but that was definitely what it felt like when I played online. If you tail players, it seems like you will end up being invaded by players who are searching for players to tail - which naturally means that if you're after the Traced trophy, keep tailing people. This is literally the best way to get this trophy - you have a higher chance of being tailed if you tail online.

A lot of people also mentioned that they weren't sure if successful / unsuccessful tails counted toward the trophy. So, I kept track of mine (or tried to). I caught 3 of the hackers tailing me and I'm pretty sure that 2 or 3 escaped, so what I'm led to believe is that regardless of whether or not they tail you successfully, it will contribute towards the trophy (it literally says "GET TAILED 5 TIMES" so it makes sense).

You can also keep track of it by checking the "Players met" section of the friends list on PSN. If there's a player on there who you don't remember at all, then the likelihood is that they tailed you and you didn't know it. On that basis I think I've been tailed once.

You can also keep track of it by checking the "Players met" section of the friends list on PSN. If there's a player on there who you don't remember at all, then the likelihood is that they tailed you and you didn't know it. On that basis I think I've been tailed once.

Ah right, good idea. Whenever I was invaded I just assumed it was a tail if my scan of civilians continuously read "not the target" and a hack if it read "not the hacker". 

turn off the online settings, wait to the game to save, then turn on online settings... go tail someone, when it finish, just go slow, walking or driving, you'll see when someone is tailling you pressing options or pausing the game, if the backscreen keeps moving is because someone is on your session, do it 5 times and you get the trophy

this is how I did it, and in 30 minutes you get the trophy... now I'm stuck with the pawnee drinking game challenger on level 6, this is a really hard trophy, not the traced one loool

turn off the online settings, wait to the game to save, then turn on online settings... go tail someone, when it finish, just go slow, walking or driving, you'll see when someone is tailling you pressing options or pausing the game, if the backscreen keeps moving is because someone is on your session, do it 5 times and you get the trophy

this is how I did it, and in 30 minutes you get the trophy... now I'm stuck with the pawnee drinking game challenger on level 6, this is a really hard trophy, not the traced one loool

Only if it always worked like that, most of the time the person who will invade you will be someone trying to hack you, not tail you. If you pause and see that the background is active, try and start a mission up or fast travel somewhere. It will say you're being invaded, then just check out a random person near you. If it says the person is not a threat, then you're being tailed, and if it says not the hacker, then you're being hacked.

Traced (Bronze- get tailed 5 times) is the worst trophy I've ever come across.

It's entirely down to luck, there is not way for you to actively work towards gaining the trophy. You just have to hope that 5 people tail you.

I've played maybe 15-20 hours of Watch_Dogs and I'm currently at 66% with some side quests left to finish before I get the platinum. However I'm pretty sure I've never been tailed even once, let alone five times. I've never even been hacked so I doubt I've been tailed. The whole time I've been playing I've had online invasion turned on as well.

I even left my PS4 running for 3 hours whilst I was studying and I wasn't hacked (or tailed once). Is anyone else having this problem. Does difficulty effect whether you're invaded or not? I'm playing on hard so will I only be invaded by people also playing on hard? Because there are probably more people playing on normal so I could put the difficulty down to increase my chances.

I've tired turning online invasion on and off without any luck. I've tailed other people then returned to my game and waited and still nothing. I'm at a loss and I'm starting to think this one stupid trophy will stop me getting my 10th platinum.

Hey, try completing the whole Max Payne 3 campaign in one sitting without dying and then tell me 'Traced' is the worst trophy ever :)

• Like 4

Omg guys I got the trophy!! Try for the online tailing and hacking trophies, and wait around for a minute or so between each one, and you will usually get invaded in some way. Not always but most of the time. Went from being tailed once to 5 times in about 5 hours.

If you've bought this game purely for its trophies, then I can see why you'd hate this trophy. However, if you've bought this game to simply play through and enjoy it, (like me), then it shouldn't be too much of a problem at all.  :huh: Basically, just join and match of 'Online Tailing' or 'Online Hacking'. Once you've finished, try joining another one. With a little bit of luck, someone should tail you. Regardless of whether you win or not, it'll count towards the 5.

This trophy took awhile to pop for me until I realized I was actively preventing it from happening. If I noticed somebody was in my game I would typically track them down and kill them which doesn't count toward the trophy. Now if I notice someone I'll just try to discretely keep an eye on them in case they're going to hack me but give them the win otherwise. The only people who bother tailing are the ones trying to get the trophy for tailing 10 people anyway, so I try to be nice about it.

Hey guys, well I did get the trophy yesterday after trying for few hrs past 3 days and I must say I had been tailed about 8 times total where 2 I knew were a success and other 6 were now (spotted the tailors lol and killed during the process) I triple checked the players met and was writing every guy down on a notebook so... for all of you who are sure they got tailed 5 times and no trophy - don't worry about it It will come. I could tell in the end which was a hacker and which was a tracer (or tailer w/e) by finding a spot on the map with only 1 way of approaching me and by fake'ing out to lunch :P I must say it was hilarious how some players were sneaking around where I could see them from behind a corner wall and by getting close suddenly walking like an NPC :D Good times :)

This trophy was a piece of piss, as you soon as you enter the game world press pause and turn off online invasions, un-pause the game and you should see the game saving once the icon goes away just press start again and stick online invasions back on.

Hang around for about 5 or 10 minutes and keep pressing start every now and again and you should notice if the scenery is moving or not, if it's the latter you are not being tailed.

Keep doing this until you notice the change in the pause menu that's when you know someone has invaded your game, just takes a little patience that's all.

I finally got this by spending 2 hours just hacking other online gamers. My nat type is 3 so if i can get this, then anyone can. Spend time hacking online and someone will tail you.

Exactly how I did it too. Before I started going after collectables I looked into what all the other trophies I needed required. While grabbing hotspots and QR codes and stuff, I'd do a hack/tail/anything online, and then drive around finding things for 15 minutes. If I noticed someone had invaded my game and left (checking the pause screen every minute or so), I'd wait they were out, either by hacking me or whatever other means (but checking the pause screen again), I'd simply do another online mission and repeat the process.

I didn't get the mission by this process, but I was tailed more than I thought I was and it popped shortly after while finishing off other things.

It sucks that it's just luck of the draw, but once you eventually get it you won't care anymore either way. B)

Also I'm gonna add a tip or make it clear to all of you who are wondering. If your waiting to be invaded and you just spam the Options button - you don't have to, from my own experience I checked that you can place yourself wherever you want to on the map but preferably somewhere where there's some moving objects like cars on street, npc or even bushes pause it and leave it, yes leave it when somebody will invade your game those things in the background will start to move, that's right - pausing the game won't prevent people from entering your game :)

no, the best way to do it is to set aside 3 hours of your day and tail people. after you are either successful or unsuccsessful, wait 30 seconds. if no one tails you in that time, just tail another person. listen to some music or podcasts while doing it to make it more bareable. if you do it this way, you help other people get the trophy, while also getting it yourself.