Traced is the worst trophy ever created.

TieDyeHawk

Traced (Bronze- get tailed 5 times) is the worst trophy I've ever come across.

It's entirely down to luck, there is not way for you to actively work towards gaining the trophy. You just have to hope that 5 people tail you.

I've played maybe 15-20 hours of Watch_Dogs and I'm currently at 66% with some side quests left to finish before I get the platinum. However I'm pretty sure I've never been tailed even once, let alone five times. I've never even been hacked so I doubt I've been tailed. The whole time I've been playing I've had online invasion turned on as well.

I even left my PS4 running for 3 hours whilst I was studying and I wasn't hacked (or tailed once). Is anyone else having this problem. Does difficulty effect whether you're invaded or not? I'm playing on hard so will I only be invaded by people also playing on hard? Because there are probably more people playing on normal so I could put the difficulty down to increase my chances.

I've tired turning online invasion on and off without any luck. I've tailed other people then returned to my game and waited and still nothing. I'm at a loss and I'm starting to think this one stupid trophy will stop me getting my 10th platinum.

If you are indifferent about notoriety (as I am) then you can turn off online invasions, let it save, then turn it back on. Then go for collectibles and I was tailed within 15 minutes of the change. I've also noticed I get hacked/tailed a lot more after I have finished hacking or tailing others myself. Hope it helps 

• Like 1

It sucks, that's for sure. Seems to be a new thing for Ubisoft, both this and AC4 have stupid luck based trophies that don't feel rewarding, just annoying.

I've played about 30 hours, and am in the mid 90%. and am pretty sure I've never been tailed.

Edited by Saltyie

No offense but i think you're being a tad over the top with this trophy. Yeah it's certainly up to luck, but I can think of a bunch of trophies and achievements that are straight up brutal; this one is nothing compared to those. My advice would be just drive around not completing side quests. If you just drive/walk around the city aimlessly you will get this trophy.

As for leaving the console and thereby your character idle doesn't really work for most people.

There have been multiple statements (aswell as my own experience) that leaving your character idle to be invaded does not improve your chances of getting tailed.

As mentioned above it does however seem to work better with the notority-reset trick in combination with you invading and/or tailing other people. The more people you tail, the more people will get the "Retaliation" option for some payback time, which can help you in return aswell.

Yes it is down to luck, and i found it annoying the moment i knew that as i loathe those kind of trophies, however it was not bad at all to get the trophy in the end when i started tailing people myself. After i tailed a couple of players i just took 15 min breaks to walk around the city and not doing any missions, side missions, crimes etc. It took me 2-ish hours of repeating this process.

Edited by Merethyl

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/966-WATCH-DOGS-Trophy-Guide#Traced

I'm guessing you've read the guide since you mentioned turning the feature off and then back on. I've also noticed while working on my trophy for hacking other people online that when I was dropped back to my game, that I was usually mostly instantly hacked, however, there were times that if I wasn't instantly hacked I was basically instantly tailed instead. I finally got the "Traced" trophy yesterday after hacking other people, a fifth person finally came in my game and tailed me right after I got finished hacking someone else. (Note: I never had to turn online off then on/reset my notoriety either! That was gonna be last resort for me).

Edited by BlindMango

Even though you need some luck to get this trophy, I got it after trying for around 1 hour. Here what I did:

First you search for someone to tail and do your best to win, then after the match is over immediately search for another player. I did this and I got tailed like 60% of the time.

Either when you are being tailed or hacked, there will be that purple circle indicating the seach area, a way I found to know if I was being tailed or hacked was to profile NPC's. When you profile them, if the words "he's not the hacker" appear then you are being hacked, if the word "he's not a threat" appear then you are being tailed (note that I wasn't playing the english version, so I don't know if I translated it correctly). Also, I think that for you to get the trophy you need to lose the tail game 5x.

i would get tailed (sometimes hacked) almost immediately after i tailed someone. this trophy popped up in about 20 mins of driving/walking around. just be patient and keep a close eye on ur players met bcuz it doesnt always tell u you're being tailed. i was only notified once that i was being tailed.

• Like 1

I turned the invasions off, exited the menu then immediately turned it back on and I was tailed about 5 - 10 minutes just running around almost every time. Only one time I did it and I ended up getting hacked. You can know if your being tailed if you pause the game and the background is still moving or use focus and time stays normal. If you want to get the purple circle then just try to start a mission or tailing while someone is in your game. Got the trophy after about 40 minutes and beforehand I wasn't tailed even once even after finishing the game.

I've been tailed a couple of time, however I don't think this trophy is going to be easy to get. It is very much dependant on when you play and who else is around at the time. Very much luck based, yes. But there is a lot you can do to improve your chances which have all been mentioned above.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I've tried every method mentioned so far, tailing other people first, turning online invasion off and back on etc. All have failed on multiple tries.

I've been using the "recently met" section of the friends lists to keep track and I still haven't been hacked or tailed once, getting to five tails at this point seems impossible.

Even more frustrating I'm about 2 hours of play away from having every other trophy, seems like I'm going to end up being stuck on 98% and not going to be able to get the platinum. Which means I have wasted a lot of time doing all the extremely boring side missions.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so then there might be hope that either a patch (thought there seems to be a surprising lack of patches for this game) or simply giving it a week or two (because Uplay has been f**king sh*t recently) might solve this issue.

Dude, I am in exactly the same boat. I have done everything mentioned above and still not getting tailed nor am I even getting hacked. I'm extremely frustrated now but also feel a little better now that I see that I am not the only one.

I've even gotten to the point that I have thought of restarting the game to see if that would maybe help.

Edited by Gorilla_Clown

just want to mention sth. :D If you do a mission (doesn't matter if it is story or a side mission) you CAN't get hacked etc. just wenn you are collecting all Hotspots or driving/running around. The game also tells you this when you wait i.e. for a nother player you can hack etc. and start a mission doesn't matter what kind of mission)

It helps if you have a bounty.  When you have your profiler out look for ctOS employees (purple) and hack them and allow them to call in to the operator.  And as said above, if you do an online hack or trace, it should send someone back to hack or trace you while you are trying start the next one.  That is what happened to me anyway.   

Well I'm now at 97% two trophies away from platinum, of course Traced is one of them.

I've tried every suggestion in this thread on several occasions, all of them unsuccessful but thank you anyway for trying to help.

At this point I think I'm done. I'm busy for the next couple of weeks so will try one more time after that. If it still doesn't work (Which it won't) I'll sell my copy of Watch_Dogs and certainly won't be buying a sequel regardless of the the quality.

Sure in the grand scheme of things not being able to get the platinum doesn't really matter but I feel like I've wasted time and effort.

That 97% on my profile is going to piss me off, knowing it will never get to 100%.

Well I'm now at 97% two trophies away from platinum, of course Traced is one of them.

I've tried every suggestion in this thread on several occasions, all of them unsuccessful but thank you anyway for trying to help.

At this point I think I'm done. I'm busy for the next couple of weeks so will try one more time after that. If it still doesn't work (Which it won't) I'll sell my copy of Watch_Dogs and certainly won't be buying a sequel regardless of the the quality.

Sure in the grand scheme of things not being able to get the platinum doesn't really matter but I feel like I've wasted time and effort.

That 97% on my profile is going to piss me off, knowing it will never get to 100%.

Did you ever try changing the difficulty?  Just out of curiosity.

In case this hasn't already been mentioned, you can't be doing any missions or side missions to get hacked/tailed.  

Focus in the Game, you will eventually get.

If you're like me and like the sexiness of then popping, especially on ps4, lol,my only advice is do everything else and forget about Traced. I'm sure by the end of the run you will easily get.

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

I'm hoping this will just happen for me over the course of collecting. I'd hate to think I have to do more online hacking or tailing than is necessary. I straight up suck at this game. People find me way too easily. Both a lack of skill and bad luck is making this very

un-enjoyable! Can't even be bothered to try and find hackers anymore. Free pass getting ahead on that trophy if you happen to invade me!

Awoohoo! Got the Traced Trophy last night. Casts a shadow over how I thought tailing works. Only actually noticed I'd been tailed twice since I started.

One of those two times it popped up I was being Invaded then 2 seconds after it said I lost. That was a quick tail! 

The second didn't even say i'd been invaded I just lost and got the Trophy.

This shouldn't bother me anymore but as I still need to get the Piggybacked Trophy I wanna know why people I tail seem to know I'm coming and where I am before I even get in range! 

Edited by Malfuras