An idea worth supporting

I agree with some of the ideas I have heard such as adding a counter to let members know if they are near the add limit, thus minimizing having an IP blocked for a potentially extended period of time  Also to the people who felt I wanted just anyone added here, that is not the case  I am against cheaters and accounts made to simply boost a game being added here and I resent those people who felt I was advocating that

This one is different - it isn't suggesting getting rid of the limit, it's suggesting there's a counter for how many you can put on.

This one is different - it isn't suggesting getting rid of the limit, it's suggesting there's a counter for how many you can put on.

Yeah but who would use that besides Vivian and Tommy? I mean I don't know anyone else on this site that goes around adding the entire playstation user base to PSNP.

I dunno, what about giving members more chances to update and giving premium members even more chances to update over regular members? I think that wouldn't interfere with the reason that there is a limit, which is like bots or something constantly requesting information in some places (like from Greece or something? lol). Plus, premium/regular members would still have a limit, it would just be much more lenient than non-members. Then there would be the counter like Tommy mentions, when you're 3 away from getting your IP blocked, it would tell you maybe.

P.S. - I'm not an expert at the whole updating and IP block system, so I'm not 100% certain if the above method can actually be reasonable to implement though, just a recommendation.  ;)

Edited by BlindMango

I dunno, what about giving members more chances to update and giving premium members even more chances to update over regular members? I think that wouldn't interfere with the reason that there is a limit, which is like bots or something constantly requesting information in some places (like from Greece or something? lol). Plus, premium/regular members would still have a limit, it would just be much more lenient than non-members. Then there would be the counter like Tommy mentions, when you're 3 away from getting your IP blocked, it would tell you maybe.

P.S. - I'm not an expert at the whole updating and IP block system, so I'm not 100% certain if the above method can actually be reasonable to implement though, just a recommendation.  ;)

How about a counter that lets you know you have gone over your limit when responding to status updates. That way our responses wouldn't get cut off halfway through

• Like 1

How about a counter that lets you know you have gone over your limit when responding to status updates. That way our responses wouldn't get cut off halfway through

Lol, that would be cool, but Sly has limited control over the IP.Board forum tools, I don't know if they have that kind of feature or not :P

Just copy your message if you aren't sure. :)

That's what I do.

I started doing that as well, but it would be so much easier to just have a character counter as opposed to pasting my message. then going back and deleting the first half of it and then having someone else post in between your two messages so you end up looking like a twat.

I started doing that as well, but it would be so much easier to just have a character counter as opposed to pasting my message. then going back and deleting the first half of it and then having someone else post in between your two messages so you end up looking like a twat.

Good point ofcourse. :)

Agree on that.