TheLastSurvivor's Cave

Someone has been enjoying their PSN+ :D

Yeah, lol. So far I've liked the games available for PS+. Can't wait to see what's free in August.

Nice, congrats on the new :platinum: and the second-fastest completion time on Doki. So what's next?

Thanks! I would've been first if cross-saving wasn't available. But in still ok with #2. And my next :platinum: will be Time and Eternity, which is the first RPG I've ever played.

image_zps865856d9.jpg

Yeah, lol. So far I've liked the games available for PS+. Can't wait to see what's free in August.

Thanks! I would've been first if cross-saving wasn't available. But in still ok with #2. And my next :platinum: will be Time and Eternity, which is the first RPG I've ever played.

image_zps865856d9.jpg

That's a shame to lose your first place because of a cross-save. Nice, you might also like the Mass Effect trilogy. It's a shooter with rpg elements and a great story with a lot of replay value (it's my fav PS3 trilogy). 

image_zps865856d9.jpg

Ahem...there are so many better RPGs to start off with other than that one. I mean it is average at best and it will sour you on JRPGs. Start with Persona 4 Golden, or Final Fantasy 6 or Earthbound or Tales of Symphonia...just not that game :(

• Like 2

That's a shame to lose your first place because of a cross-save. Nice, you might also like the Mass Effect trilogy. It's a shooter with rpg elements and a great story with a lot of replay value (it's my fav PS3 trilogy).

I've been considering getting the Mass Effect trilogy. I'll probably end up picking it up later this year, since my birthday is in November, and then Christmas.

Ahem...there are so many better RPGs to start off with other than that one. I mean it is average at best and it will sour you on JRPGs. Start with Persona 4 Golden, or Final Fantasy 6 or Earthbound or Tales of Symphonia...just not that game :(

I'm still laughing at that even though I shouldn't be. I've already started playing it a bit, and it has a lot of ups and down, but I don't have a valid opinion of it yet. I hope it doesn't end up turning out to be bad or average like you say it is. >_

I've been considering getting the Mass Effect trilogy. I'll probably end up picking it up later this year, since my birthday is in November, and then Christmas.

I'm still laughing at that even though I shouldn't be. I've already started playing it a bit, and it has a lot of ups and down, but I don't have a valid opinion of it yet. I hope it doesn't end up turning out to be bad or average like you say it is. >_

I liked the characters, but the rest...well here is my review from my checklist

This game gets a resounding MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH from me. I didn't have incredibly high hopes going in but even then my expectations were not met. The story was fine and I actually found myself liking the characters. Sure there was a bunch of jail-bait running around in bikinis and thigh high stockings and there were sidequests where you had to discover how to breath in a shower so you can spy on naked girls better...oh yeah and the one mission that ended up with the 18 year old school girl surrounded by tentacles...no joke...but all in all it was a simple story about finding love and how love will never leave you, blah, blah, blah

Tokitowa_Fami-Shot_08-01-12_005-620x250.

No my problems with the game was the battle mechanics. If anyone caught my rants about them already they know what I am about to say but to everyone else here we go. You want to win at this game? Just hit :circle: as fast as you can. See the game sets up that there is some kind of strategy but really dodging just makes the battle go longer and it is easier to heal a lot as opposed to actually dodging. The only times I died were when the item menu decided to go back to the battle so instead of healing I just got hit again. This was because they assigned the healing menu to R2 so if you press it near the bottom of the button (like how I hold my controller) then chances are it may not stay pressed and you get killed. Besides that though there was nothing challenging about this game. By the end you are actually invincible because the game makes you level up to level 70 for a trophy and the boss actually was doing 0 against me. I beat her on New Game + at level 30 so that shows how over powered the game makes you be.

Anyways this game is a 4 or 5 out of 10. There are FAR better RPGs out there and I guess my lolicon meter is lower than most as I need more than just funny characters and story to enjoy a game (I know a lot of my cosplaying friends will disagree with me on this ^_^)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got all of the trophies in Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - Episode 1: The Penal Zone and have updated my hideout. Time to return to Time and Eternity and get that :platinum:!

4L58741a.png

I liked the characters, but the rest...well here is my review from my checklist

I have 5 more trophies left in Time and Eternity and I mostly agree with you. To me, The characters are great, the story is solid, but the battle system is horrid. Though I don't mind it being my first RPG, as im going to end up playing better RPGs in the future. (Dragon's Crown is probably after TAE. :))
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: 8|17|14 - I've finally 100%'d FEZ and have updated my hideout to showcase it!

1L91615a.png

And I need somebody's opinion. Should I keep the guides made, milestone, and trophy card sections as it does take up some space? Or should I keep them? Edited by TheLastSurvivorD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After a few months I finally devoted an hour to updating this, and now I am happy to say, gallery updated! I made some changes to the gallery and I'm probably going to add back the trophy guide section in time.

But for now I'm just glad it is finally updated. :)

• 10 months later...

Look at that, he even have a ' Guide ' section :P

Nice set of platinums. Some of them I might never go for like Batman games and Dead Space 3, I'm not that good haha.

Thanks for the mentioning me on Lone Survivor Platinum :)   Really hope someday you have the chance to play Home which follows some principles of Lone Survivor.