Joa-Escherich: A Rookies Platinum Checklist!

Joa-Escherich

Oh, hey there! Nice of you to pop in. My name is Joa-Escherich, and I am a rookie-trophyhunter (in my own oppinion). I am a 26 year old dane, who have been playing Playstation since the PS1. I have always been a huge PS fan, and I still is :) 

Ever since i got my PS3, i have enjoyed getting trophies (although i never wented for any plat at that time). I used to be a major achievement-whore in World Of Warcraft, and getting those nice trophies is basically the same. 

The reason i consider myself a "rookie-trophyhunter" is, that i don't have that "need" to plat every game i own, and to spend alot of money on DLC's to 100% those games either. I simply don't have the time to do that (nor the skills to be honest). I have only platted easy games, as you can see below. 

Anyways, here are my Checklist! :)

PLATINUM

#1 - Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

1Lfab22e.png

Enjoyment: 6

Difficulty: 2

Date: 15/4 - 2013

Console: Playstation 3

This was my very first Platinum. When i bought this game from a friend, i had no intention of platting it, mainly cause i thought it was hard. I didn't really understand how to play it. He showed me when he was visitting a weekend, and i realized how easy the game was. And before i knew, i was super close to the Plat. So i had to finish it. Not a bad game at all, but it got abit repetitive in the end for me.

#2 - Dragon Zall Z Budokai HD Collection

1Lc2dc4b.png

Enjoyment: 8

Difficulty: 3

Date: 11/5 - 2013

I have always been a huge fan of Dragon Ball (specially the Z-series), and i have played all 3 Budokai games on my PS2. So this was a must-have for me. It was fun. Budokai 1 made me realize how much the graphic have changed since back then. Man, was it bad! Still okay gameplay tho. Budokai 3 where a pleasure all the way through. 

#3 - Sleeping Dogs

1Lb58818.png

Enjoyment: 9

Date: 12/6 - 2013

Man, this is a great game! Probably one of the best games for the PS3 in my oppinion. The story was great and the gameplay where brilliant. The hours just flew by when i was going for this plat! 

#4 - Madden NFL 12

1L6ecfa8.png

Date: 9/7 - 2013

I love NFL. I have been a NY Jets fan since i was 9-10 years old. I watched NFL before i watched football (and that's not normal in Europe). I played Madden alot on the PS2 with a buddy of mine, so i had to have a Madden on the PS3 too. When i realized how easy alot of these trophies where, i really wanted to go for it. I am surprised that the rarity of this plat is only 4.44%, since it's not hard at all. 

#5 - Guacamelee!

1L63d8bb.png

Difficulty: 4

Date: 12/1 - 2014

This is the best 2D game i have ever played. The gameplay is really fun and great, the puzzles are tricky, but not insanly hard and the humor in the game is great. Deffently worth to pick up if you haven't tried it yet, you won't regret!

#6 - The Walking Dead

1L3cc25d.png

Enjoyment: 5

Difficulty: 1

Date: 20/2 - 2014

Console: Playstation Vita

This was the first platinum on my Vita. The story in this game is nothing more but brilliant. However, the gameplay was abit boring in my oppinion. Still, it's worth to pick up and play through for the story alone. 

#7 - Assasin Creed 2

1Ledd3c0.png

Date: 4/3 - 2014

I have completed nearly all the Assasins Creed games on my brothers X-Box. Yet, i had to own this one, as it is one of my favorites in the serie. When i was done with the campaign, and a lot of other stuff, i realized how close i was to the Plat. So i had to get it. I really enjoyed playing this game again, and only the feather-hunting bored me abit. Otherwise, i loved every second of this game.

#8 + 9 - Sound Shapes

1L6dad09.png

Difficulty: 6

Date: 5/3 - 2014

Console: Playstation 3 + Playstation Vita

Man, this game where frustrating! By far the hardest plat(s) i have achieved yet. The random-factor in Death Mode almost costed me a controller.. The gameplay was decent at best in my oppinion. However, it did give 2 plats in the end. And it will get me a third when i get my hands on a PS4.

#10 - Resistance: Burning Skies

1Laec3c9.png

Enjoyment: 7

Date: 10/3 - 2014

My third Platinum on the Vita. I bought this game, mainly because it was cheap. I found it to be a easy Platinum. However, the gameplay was actually better than i thought. And i am not really a bit fan of these futuristic shooters. It was hard to find a online game for the last trophy though, as this game is dead as hell.

#11 - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal

1L66eed4.png

Date: 12/3 - 2014

This is a great fighting game! The online trophies where abit hard (i am looking at you, "This is Living"!). The Arcade Mode got really boring in the end, as you have to complete it with every char .. Abit sad, because it made the overall enjoyment abit less than it would have been otherwise. Still, a really fun game i am glad i got. 

EDIT: I got 100% in this game 20/7 - 2014

#12 - Trine 2

1La41642.png

Date: 15/3 - 2014

I bought this game to play it Co-op with a irl buddy of mine (the same that helped me with Naruto). And boy, it was great! We both enjoyed the gameplay, and we completed the game fully before going for the plat. As a Co-op game, it's brilliant. I am not so sure about playing it solo though. Very easy Platinum.

#13 - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal

1L66eed4.png

Date: 16/3 - 2014

Same as the Playstation 3 version. However, connecting to online games on the Vita where bugged as hell. ... That's why i enjoyed it less on the Vita than the PS3. Wasted hours on trying to connect to games!

EDIT: I got 100% in this game 20/7 - 2014

#14 - Fifa 14

1L453818.png

Difficulty: 4

Date: 21/3 - 2014

I love Fifa! And i really enjoyed this Fifa 14. Alot easier to plat than the previous years, and that is probably the only reason i was able to plat this game. One of the few games i have played beyond the plat, simply because i love it!

#15 - Minecraft

1L64dc90.png

Date: 12/4 - 2014

Having played Minecraft on the PC, i really felt like having it for PS3 and trying to plat it. It was a rather easy plat, mainly cause i got some of the trophies through a boosting session on this site. Alot of fun, but took some time to get used to the controls when you are used to the PC version. 

#16 - MotoGP 13

1Lad9cf4.png

Enjoyment: 4

Man, where do i begin? The game itself isn't actually that bad. But it feels like one big grind from the second you start.. Got really boring in the end. 

#17 - CSI: Fatal Conspiracy

1La3a878.png

Enjoyment: 3

Okay, i am not gonna lie. I bought this game because it is a very easy platinum. The hard part was staying sane as i completed it. It is super easy to plat, but the story in it is not well writen. It was like playing a bad version of The Walking Dead to be honest. Got the plat, deleted the game as soon as possible!

#18 - Sound Shapes (PS4)

1L02a080.png

Difficulty: 6

Date: 6/7 - 2017

Console: Playstation 4

So after owning a Xbox One the past 2.5 years, i am finally back on a Playstation. And as soon as i where done with setting up the PS, i had to download this game for the easy Plat (due to Cross-save).

'Nuff Said!

#19 - Game Of Thrones

1La054a2.png

Date: 7/7 - 2017

Another cool game from Telltale. Got it for free due to Playstation Plus. Not sure i would have picked up the game otherwise. I really enjoyed the storylines, and even ended up being mad at some of the decisions i had to make (pretty impressive to get this feeling in a game you play solely for the plat). Would deffently not mind a season 2!

#20 - Tekken 7

1Ld90369.png

Date: 8/7 - 2017

Got this game with my PS 4. And it delivered what i expected. Nothing more, nothing less. I where surpriced at how easy the Plat where to get. Took me 7 hours and i am deffently not a pro at fighting games. 

Not much replay value in my oppinion tho. Only if you wanna beat up a friend.

#21 - Orc Slayer

1Lfaed3b.png

Enjoyment: 0

Date: 14/7 - 2017

I bought this game for roughly 2 dollars.. And i still feel like i overpaid. This is the worst game ever made! The gameplay is bad (first person shooter with a crossbow). If feels like you control the aim with a toaster or something. Its so hard to actually aim, since it moves like half a screen everytime you touch the controller. 
Furthermore, the game glitches all the time (had Orcs i couldn't kill, 1 trophy refused to pop so i had to reset a level and at level 11/13 i had to reset my save due to me loosing all my perks for no reason).

This will probably be the only game ever i give a enjoyment of 0. And it deserves it!
Atleast the plat is easy.....

#22 - Hitman Go: Definitive Edition

1L7b0d30.png (240×240)

Difficulty: 2 (would be alot harder if you do it with no guide)

Date: 15/7 - 2017

I really liked this game alot actually. It's a really fun puzzle-type game and the maps seems very well-designed. 
Used a guide for the plat since my IQ is too low to do this without, sadly. Cause it did kinda kill some of the fun.
Deffently worth a go - and can be done in like 3 hours with a guide.

PSN 100%

#1 -  Machnarium

L724055.png

Date: 6/6 - 2013

Again, a puzzle-like point and click game. However, the visual of this game made it pretty cool. Decent story.

#2 - Tekken Revolution

L642b66.png

Date: 28/6 - 2013

I love Tekken. Played it insanly much on PS 2. This free-version of Tekken where actually pretty good, reminds me alot of Tekken Tag Turnament 2. Easy 100%. Deffently worth picking up!

#3 - Thomas Was Alone

L2e6801.png

Date: 8/1 - 2014

This is a brilliant game! The story and gameplay alongside the visuals of this game made me really enjoy it all the way through. Easy to get 100%. 

#4 - Brothers A Tale of Two Sons

L49f77e.png

Enjoyment: 3

Date: 13/3 - 2014

I know alot of gamers really enjoyed and loved this game. I am NOT one of them. For some reason, it felted boring and weired. The highlight for me was when I realized I didn't have to complete the whole game for the 100%!

#5 - New Paint Park

L07fc98.png

Enjoyment: 1

Not much to say. Probably the easiest game to 100%.. Took like 5 minuts. 

#6 - Sonic The Fighters

L1ef284.png

Enjoyment: 2

Another easy 100%. Oldschool gameplay (feels like a old Arcade), took like 20 minuts to get 100% because i am bad!

My goal for 2017: I hope to achieve 25 Platinums this year. I know that it doesn't sound like alot, but considering i only had 17 Platinum when i got back to PS in July, and i mainly play on my pc, i think it will be challenging enough :)

I will be updating the list as i get more Platinums and 100%. In the meanwhile, thank you for popping in! Any inputs/ideas to improve the checklist or Plats/100% i should go for will be appreciated!

Edited by Joa-Escherich
Updated with new plats
  • Like 2

I've had a look at your profile for the rest mate, and you've got a solid list so far!

I've got a similar attitude to you too bro; I only feel the need to platinum the games I really enjoy (or I think deserve it), and I definitely don't want/need to buy the DLC in order to get 100% (unless, like Outlast or similar, I really enjoyed it).

Keep it up brother.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really nice list! I also have 17 platinums and feel like a rookie compared to most people on here.

Awesome that you live in Eurpoe and love the NFL. The Madden 12 plat is very impressive. I tried to get the Madden 13 plat but it became way too time consuming.

• 2 years later...