Trophy Competition (Post Starting Totals!)

HeyItsSpanky

Spanky’s 1st Trophy Competition!

Here is how it works…

Trophy values will be determined based on rarity, not type. Play Hannah Montana if you want to, but you’ve been warned!

The scoring will go as follows:

1 Points (Common Trophy)

5 Points (Uncommon Trophy)

10 Points (Rare Trophy)

50 points (Very Rare Trophy)

100 points (Ultra Rare Trophy)

…Thus, playing and obtaining the Platinum on Hannah Montana will net you 1 point per trophy as EVERY trophy is “common”.

As an example, I have 3,330 points as my starting score (you can check your log for # of trophies in each category). As I earn uncommon or rarer trophies, my score will improve (hopefully). The reason I say hopefully is that the value of a trophy can, and will, change over time. Say I start the competition and 1 trophy goes from rare to uncommon. This will actually work against me as I LOSE 5 points. Although extremely unlikely, it is mathematically possible to have a negative points earned at the end!

Please sign up below and I will keep a sign-up list in the OP. I need you to post the # of trophies you have in each category and I will keep score throughout. Please see mine as an example as I will be competing as well!

The rules are simple.

1. Must be a PSNP member.
  2. Post your total trophies by category by Jan 15th 11PM as well as the last trophy you earned.
  3. Post the first trophy you earned so I can verify you didn’t “forget” to sync up.
  4. Post revised trophies by category on the 20th and 27th for leader board update
  5. No game saving/hacking… you’ll be disqualified.
  6. As the Fockers say… “It’s only a game, Greg”. Please have fun and keep it friendly!

Winner of this competition will get a prize as well (TBD based on # of competitors).

LET THE SIGN-UPS BEGIN!

Competitors:

1.) piggie_pie

2.) brenden3

3.) spankyNspronkle

4.) sofakingdank

5.) kiona05

6.) Lil_Mermaid_Girl

7.) acasser

8.) dgaustin

9.) BDKSimba

10.) GameOverComesAll

11.) allenbird

• Like 4

I was apart of the .com competition aswell and It was over before I basically even started, a load of crap trophy competitions are rubbish now because everyone takes the cheap option and plays crap games. I love this idea it would make this competition much more fairer and encourage us to play harder and more rewarding games then you know.. (ncis, hannah montana etc..) Just with the points however I feel they are a bit too high? But anyways love the idea and I would 100% participate in this.

• Like 1

I was apart of the .com competition aswell and It was over before I basically even started, a load of crap trophy competitions are rubbish now because everyone takes the cheap option and plays crap games. I love this idea it would make this competition much more fairer and encourage us to play harder and more rewarding games then you know.. (ncis, hannah montana etc..) Just with the points however I feel they are a bit too high? But anyways love the idea and I would 100% participate in this.

That's the beauty! Cloudy... NCIS... Hannah Montanah... Ice Age...ALL WORTH ZERO!

I do agree the points are wacky but it's what they go by. If Sly were to incorporate that type of feature here (which already partially exists as trophies have rarities) he could assign more reasonable values for the ultra hard & very hard.

Can common trophies give 1 point or so. Yes, it wont offer an extreme jump in the points, but getting the trophies from a game I want to play for fun would net me a couple points, possible enough to break a tie-breaker.

As for some games with high point values as of now, I suggest The Shoot, which is worth a whopping 2185 points, with what I think is a decently easy trophy list.

Can common trophies give 1 point or so. Yes, it wont offer an extreme jump in the points, but getting the trophies from a game I want to play for fun would net me a couple points, possible enough to break a tie-breaker.

Ehh... Why not?! I'll throw ya a bone! Can I count you in as the 4th competitor?

Two people teams could work if there's enough people. So are you changing it to 1 point for the common trophies (I'm confused by the above posts if you were or not.)

And also when should we post our trophy counts? Right now or like the day before the competition starts? Because obviously people will be earning trophies between now and then.

I'll be playing just as I would normally too, but you can add me to the list.

Two people teams could work if there's enough people. So are you changing it to 1 point for the common trophies (I'm confused by the above posts if you were or not.)

And also when should we post our trophy counts? Right now or like the day before the competition starts? Because obviously people will be earning trophies between now and then.

I'll be playing just as I would normally too, but you can add me to the list.

1. Teams if we get more people.

2. I'll give commons 1 point so every trophy gets a little something...

3. Post totals closer to the start date

2. I'll give commons 1 point so every trophy gets a little something...

You could even have it so each common is worth .5, half of a point. That way it takes 2 common trophies to equal 1 point. It wouldn't be that hard to figure out since it's just half of what someone gets for common trophies. If they get 50 common trophies that would be 25 points instead of 50, so they're still earning points for them just slower. I'm not really worried about it either way but I figured I'd throw that out there since it seemed like you wanted to invalidate common trophies or overly easy games.

I'm game for this one, although I'm probably the same as piggie_pie in that I won't change my normal gaming habits.

I'd also be happier with no points for common trophies, but I can understand giving every trophy something. Then again, if one looks at my trophy history they might see where my bias in that favor comes from....

Sure, count me in as the fourth competitor. Would it be legal for me to play on a separate account I want to make for trophy hunting on though? I want a 100% completion account, this feels like a good way to start.

How so? Hard to obtain trophies are what drive success in this comp, not easy games to 100%.