Trophy Competition (Post Starting Totals!)

HeyItsSpanky

Starting a new account would be kind of cheating perhaps? Just how I feel.

I don't see it as that. If I want to play through Batman Arkham City again, get the trophies again, and participate in the tournament, it doesn't seem like it would be a problem. I'm playing through the game (which is by no means easy or short). The trophies wont just appear for me, I'll have to work for them all again.

I think the general idea (on other sites I've seen trophy comps at anyways) is that creating a new account solely for the competition is frowned upon. Even if your intentions aren't necessarily to get an easy way to the top spot, it looks bad. Even with commons only being worth 1 point 5 easy platinums could get you 200 points in maybe 1 or 2 days. Or if you have a lot of DLC and yo've already played it (so you already have the trophies), then playing on a fresh name would be good for you because you already paid for the DLC and most DLC trophies are rare. I don't really think making a name for a competition is a good idea, I'd rather it not happen, it's nothing against you and maybe you do just want to play Batman again. But if they let you do it then others will too and they might want to do it for the reasons I already stated.

:jaymon: :jaymon: Awesome Comp Idea.! can't believe the haters haven't liked it yet.. :spank:

Sounds like the easiest way to win is to get a bunch of DLC trophies.

sNs, Cro makes a good point here.

maybe you should make DLCs against the rules or find some work around points wise.

and I see some people wanna form teams, the point system seems good so far, but maybe for players in teams their points should be divided by the number of players in their team . for instance,

1 player - 1 ultra = 100 points

2 players - 2 ultras = 200 points / 2 = 100 points

4 players - 4 ultras = 400 points / 4 = 100 points

I mean, just to be fair to the players that's going @ it solo. seems fair IMO. but it's your Comp.

oh yeah, count Me in. I'll will be going @ it solo :D for the fact that the game I'm currently playing is a grinder and doubt any trophy in the next week or 2. would hate to have it work against any team that might have had the misfortune of having Me on it. ;)

DG - since there are a few against it, I will have to rule against it as well. I believe your intentions are pure... But that doesn't mean another person using a new account has good intentions as well.

Simba - unfortunately there is no easy workaround and it is a small loop hole. It's no different than someone playing an easy, yet uncommon game like free realms where everything is very rare +. Like I said, this is a work in progress and we will see how it goes. I'd be surprised if people bought DLC for a comp since it can't be returned like a used game.

• Like 1

yeah im in for sure. kiona05 should be after he sees that i put him in. he was exteremly dissapointed by the length of the .com one. just like his hog

what are you saying 4 inch solid? dont worry about my hog lol. anyway this sounds awesome, cant wait to get started.

This is a great idea. I wont be participating thou, because my lack of time, but I support this idea awesome job spankyNspronkle ;)

Well its not perfect but as you said its work in progress. And since its a brand new idea it will get better since you gain more experience on how to fairly manage this, becausee some games with easy trophies can bee ultra rare.

Its definitly more fair than the normal competition we are used to in .com

Good luck to everyone who will participate :highfive:

I might join, at least as a "play as I'd normally play" entry. Now that I'm almost done with King of Fighters XIII, I have a stack of games I could move on to. I have Final Fantasy XIII-2 pre-ordered as well, and depending on how long this lasts, BlazBlue and Hyperdimension Neptune mk2 in February.

I will add you to the OP. I understand the concern with DLC but there is no easy was to filter it out when scoring.

Additionally, it would be like telling someone they can't play a game will all rares like Time Crisis... Just wouldn't be fair!

That's not really the same thing. The idea is not that the download content provides "too many" rares, it's that the classifaction system itself for those trophies is flawed. A game with mostly rares is like that because many of the people simply can't get them. But they clearly have the game, since it shows up in their profile, and therefore the opportunity to get them. But with download content, it's obvious many people won't have the opportunity to earn the trophies because they simply don't have it, yet it still counts against your percentage. Take the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift download characters for an example. Each one of them has a trophy for using the unlimited version of the character, which is part of the download content. So literally all you are doing is selecting a character, yet you're picking yourself up a "rare" trophy. It would be more like saying, "Well, you don't have any trophies from a sequel to a game you've previously played, and it doesn't even show up at all in your profile, but I'm going to say you have zero percent anyway". It's an awkward situation, and ultimately you've set a good system in place, keeping people from just using games that produce the most trophies the quickest, but this is basically circumvention of that system and defeats its purpose. As I mentioned before, I won't be doing anything differently than I already planned to and therefore don't have any expectations of this competetion, but it's not exactly fair for anyone that decides to give it their all, but won't be able to use download content.

Point taken... And I agree with most of what you said. However, I said this system is a work in progress and is the best I can use at this time. We will see if it does becomes an issue as i don't believe many people will buy DLC just to win a comp since it can't be returned afterwards. Let's see if it becomes an issue first...then I'll be expecting your "I told you so" lol

I want to sign up for this. I need some motivation to play some games.

OK.. Your the last 11 is bigger than I was expecting and I don't wan to be too overwhelmed with my first hosting experience.

OK everyone... I took everyone's total now... I know it's early! I'll do a final tweak and post the starting amounts on Sunday.

Since there's 11 people are we doing this individually instead of two player teams?

Also, I have Deus Ex add on that I'm still playing through... I feel like I'm going to be shunned for playing it lmbo, but it's just what I've been playing anyways...

We will stick with individual for this comp.

...and you should play your add on. You paid for it and it's part of your experience with the game.