SONY Playstation Customer Services!

Sheld-J

I have been waiting for 9 days for my 3rd playstation 4 in 6 months, and I may have to wait another 5 days before I get it. This is express delivery service. I have also been wrongly advised by 4 customer advisors and cannot speak to a supervisor until the case is closed. I have also been on hold over 2hours combined.

I am extremely pissed off with Sony and think their service and their consoles are awful. I will be taking it back to the retailer and getting a refund and buying an xbox one as I am fed up with them. Anyone else had any experiences like this? Sheldon

What do you mean you have been "wrongly advised"? You probably can't talk to a supervisor because he is busy. I have worked in a customer-service type industry in the past, and we were told that complaints of a certain nature couldn't go through to the supervisor because if we put them through then he would do nothing all day except take those complaints which really don't need his attention and are within the capabilities of the advisor.

I haven't had to contact Sony. I have had some of the same problems (the eject button and the save data upload glitch) that you complained of in your original thread about your PS4 and those which I have experienced have since been patched.

I think the retailer would be naive to give you a refund in this scenario. 

Sorry stickenbiged but as it says I had been told the wrongs things (wrongly advised) by 4 customer service reps and they couldn't even put me through to supervisor. They are woeful

Edited by Parker

I had assumed that "wrongly advised" meant "told the wrong things"... 

I'm assuming the retailer you bought from was a physical store. Technically, under English law, your contract with the retailer is concluded - you paid, they provided a product, end of story. All your problems with the PS4 were software, not hardware related, so are not the retailers responsibility. Unless the hardware was defective or not fit for purpose, then I don't think you can claim a refund. This is why I suggest they might be naive to give you a refund.

Of course, feel free to try. The retailer might do it for you in an effort to maintain its goodwill. More likely they will urge you to "trade-in" for store credit towards your XBone.

P.S. You can protect yourself from this sort of thing in the future by buying online. Distance selling regulations in the UK give you the opportunity to return products for a full refund (except in the case of perishable goods or if there are hygienic considerations) without you having to give any reason. The logic here is that you haven't had the opportunity to inspect or ask questions about the product when you buy online.

I was told by Sony if I want a refund I would have to get one from the retailer

Yes. And I told you the conditions under which the retailer would be legally obliged to give you a refund. I do not think they have been satisfied.

Sony does not speak for the retailer, unless perhaps it was a Sony store you bought from, but even then I would expect that they are different subsidiary companies so would have distinct legal identity.

I'm not trying to be rude but I think you are fighting an uphill battle on this one, from a legal perspective.

Edited by StrickenBiged

You're obviously agitated Shelby and you're just letting off steam. Frankly, I'd be pissed too, but there's no need to get yourself a ban or suspension by feeding the trolls.

My advice would be to wait it out and hope that third time's a charm. Regardless of the cause, two dud PS4s in a row is 1 in 10000 (PS4 fail rates are less than 1%). Three in a row would be as rare as rockinghorse shit, so I'm betting you'll be happy next time around.

Sometimes life hands you lemonades...it's up to you what to make of it. I don't see the point in tossing in the towel just because you've had an unlucky run. In the end, this decision affects you far more than Sony, so maybe step back and consider all the fantastic games you'll miss in the long term if you let your emotions get the better of you in the short.

Better luck next time.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 3

If' I'm not mistaken the Xbox One has a slightly higher failure rate than the PS4 at the moment (I remember quite a few people having Xbone's that ate their discs at launch) so good luck if that is the route you decide to go. 

Out of curiosity, if you think Sony's consoles are awful why did you buy a PS4 in the first place? Or is it because you're frustrated (understandably so) that you're knocking Sony? Yeah, it sucks that you've gone this long without a PS4 and it is crazy you had two malfunctioning systems in a row but if you just calm down, relax and be patient I think you'll be better off.

Parker 

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" .

1. If your Playstation 4 stopped working twice already (not even a year after launch)...why are you bothering getting another one any time soon?

2. If 4 customer service reps have falsely advised you 4 times already...why do you keep calling back and thinking that you are going to get a different result?

3. If you've been on the phone for 2 hours waiting to speak with someone...why do you think someone will answer by waiting at least 1 more?

Regardless, I can empathize. I have called PS customer support several times in the past only to speak with a representative who had no idea about what they were talking about, sounded like they were reading from a script, and seemed to know absolutely nothing about gaming in general.

Just to add a note on their Customer Support from my experience; There was a wrongful transaction put through after I manually turned off Automatic Renewal for something and they said they would give me the full refund, which sounded great and I happily accepted. However, I wanted that refund to go straight to the bank account from which it was taken and the first person I talked to said it was impossible to do. They didn't give me much greater info than that when I asked why. Simply stated it's not possible to do.

The confirmation email I received after the Customer Support session itself stated that I would received my refund to either my "wallet/credit card(aka checking account)" depending on which it was approved for. I left it at that until the reasonable time period for a refund had pasted. It had been over 2 full weeks and I still had not received the refund. I chatted with Customer Support again and they said it had already been received on my end. It had not been. It simply wasn't in my PSN wallet. I checked numerous times, including while talking to them. They said something along the lines that they would run the process again to fix whatever had gone wrong. After that I mentioned how the original person I spoke to said it wasn't possible for a refund into my bank account. This time Customer Support said that originally It was possible to have the refund transferred to my bank account and that the other person was "simply wrong". That Customer Support session had been concluded then.

Three weeks go by and I still don't have the refund. At this point it was the same process with Customer Support when I contacted them again. They said it had been received on my end. They said they would attempt to try and fix the issue and that I should receive it in less than three full weeks. I think it was somewhere along the lines of "7 to 14 business days" before I would receive it. After that Support session I gave up. I had already recuperated the expected refund amount, which at the time of the wanted refund was an amount I needed. I, to this day have not recieved that refund. Each session was with a new person and each attempt was fruitless for my end, it would seem.

---

TL;DR: Over the span of at least two full months and 3 Customer Support sessions my approved refund was never refunded to me. Customer Support from Sony had misinformed me in my first attempt, later correcting their self.

The next time I contacted Support was because I mistakenly bought a PS3 game, digitally, when I meant to purchase the game for PS4. Oddly enough, I was refunded the full amount to my PSN Wallet in less than one full day.

Edited by Blankmar

I've never had to deal with customer service so far. I've experienced many of the issues you had with my PS4 but I just live with it. The last patch seemed to fix the upload issue and I just eject using the main menu. My wife seems to work the eject button every time so it's not even at fault but for some reason I press, stroke, nudge, swipe and that sod takes about 14 tries before it realizes I want to eject. Bit like signing in using the camera- it works but why bother when it's instant at the press of a controller button!? lol 

I've never had to deal with customer service so far. I've experienced many of the issues you had with my PS4 but I just live with it. The last patch seemed to fix the upload issue and I just eject using the main menu. My wife seems to work the eject button every time so it's not even at fault but for some reason I press, stroke, nudge, swipe and that sod takes about 14 tries before it realizes I want to eject. Bit like signing in using the camera- it works but why bother when it's instant at the press of a controller button!? lol 

With the eject issue, I wonder if there is some hidden background thing that prevents it from working all the time. Like, if you have a game disc in, then the corresponding application needs to be closed in order for the eject to work...

My wife seems to have a knack for it too... weird... I have taken to ejecting from the main menu too, or if the PS4 is switched off or on standby then it seems to eject of you touch the eject button.

With the eject issue, I wonder if there is some hidden background thing that prevents it from working all the time. Like, if you have a game disc in, then the corresponding application needs to be closed in order for the eject to work...

My wife seems to have a knack for it too... weird... I have taken to ejecting from the main menu too, or if the PS4 is switched off or on standby then it seems to eject of you touch the eject button.

Think it just sees me coming and thinks.. nope... Not a big deal tho. 

P.s. your Trophy card looks way too Xboxy. GREEN!!!! Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Op is very unlucky.

I had to send my PS4 in to sony a couple of days ago. The customer Service rep was 'ok' but I was told it could take up to a month(well she said up to 4 weeks, same thing)  to be replaced/fixed.

Still I understand the frustration. But don't let that be the reason you get a xbox. If you want one get one but for the right reasons or you will regret it once you've chilled a bit.

Edited by DaftFruit