anyone playing this

• 4 months later...

I feel a little bit stressed about getting this game done... I only got the last trophy left. But right now I'm only at Major #17... So it's quite a bit left to grind. And I don't know how long time the servers will be opened. I noticed a great decrease of players last 3-6 months. I don't want another uncompleted and unattainable 100 % game...

I actually need to update the guide, we've got some updated information on how to boost the ranks. Using aircraft whose levels and special weapons are lower than what you've researched them to will give you bonus rank experience. Forced Sortie, unfortunately, does not boost rank exp.

@A-Rebirth Major #17 isn't too far away, and I think you should be able to hit Colonel before the servers shut down. According to *ahem* sources, the game is in a state where it can run itself until May 2017. And Ace Combat 7 still hasn't released yet, so most of us are still grinding away on Infinity. I don't think the servers will be shutting down this year, at least. You've got some time, but don't beat around the bush if you really want to 100% this one.

I actually need to update the guide, we've got some updated information on how to boost the ranks. Using aircraft whose levels and special weapons are lower than what you've researched them to will give you bonus rank experience. Forced Sortie, unfortunately, does not boost rank exp.

@A-Rebirth Major #17 isn't too far away, and I think you should be able to hit Colonel before the servers shut down. According to *ahem* sources, the game is in a state where it can run itself until May 2017. And Ace Combat 7 still hasn't released yet, so most of us are still grinding away on Infinity. I don't think the servers will be shutting down this year, at least. You've got some time, but don't beat around the bush if you really want to 100% this one.

How much is the boost?

The rank xp boost you get for lowering your aircraft/weapon levels are unfortunately not confirmed. The numbers seem all over the place, and we haven't figured out what exactly the formula is. Here's a couple of examples, though:

• 1.14x rank xp for changing a Lv.15 aircraft to Lv.12 and a Lv.5 special weapon to Lv.3 in Online Co-Op
  • 1.62x rank xp for changing a Lv.15 aircraft to Lv.1 and a Lv.5 special weapon to Lv.1 in Ring Battle
  • 1.06x rank xp for changing a Lv.5 special weapon to Lv.3 in Online Co-Op

We think that it may depend on the mode, the weapon, and for all we know, the time of the day. Honestly, we're not positive. But the rank xp boost is definitely there, and it very quickly adds up across multiple sorties/fuel. If you can sacrifice a few levels of performance on your sets, it'll make a major (no pun intended) difference for getting to Colonel.

The rank xp boost you get for lowering your aircraft/weapon levels are unfortunately not confirmed. The numbers seem all over the place, and we haven't figured out what exactly the formula is. Here's a couple of examples, though:

• 1.14x rank xp for changing a Lv.15 aircraft to Lv.12 and a Lv.5 special weapon to Lv.3 in Online Co-Op
  • 1.62x rank xp for changing a Lv.15 aircraft to Lv.1 and a Lv.5 special weapon to Lv.1 in Ring Battle
  • 1.06x rank xp for changing a Lv.5 special weapon to Lv.3 in Online Co-Op

We think that it may depend on the mode, the weapon, and for all we know, the time of the day. Honestly, we're not positive. But the rank xp boost is definitely there, and it very quickly adds up across multiple sorties/fuel. If you can sacrifice a few levels of performance on your sets, it'll make a major (no pun intended) difference for getting to Colonel.

So having multiple fuels also increase rank? So if I'm able to use 6 fuels that's better than splitting it up like 3 + 3 or 4 + 2? If I reach, let us say major #14 from major #15. And I was using 6 fuels while only missing 2 xp... will rest of the xp be carried over to the next level?

Edited by A-Rebirth

So having multiple fuels also increase rank? So if I'm able to use 6 fuels that's better than splitting it up like 3 + 3 or 4 + 2? If I reach, let us say major #14 from major #15. And I was using 6 fuels while only missing 2 xp... will rest of the xp be carried over to the next level?

Using multiple fuel units does not affect the XP you get. Kinda dumb if you ask me but I guess that means more money for them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

OK I'm Liutenant Colonel #66 now... Currently got 20 stocked fuels... If I play most days and maybe buying a few fuels for real $ I will maybe be there in a couple of weeks. I've played more than 200 hours and 600 games. Some of the time has been just AFK in menu and previosly (before I knew) I was using 3 or 6 fuels instead of 1 in a sender. Which was a misstake... The grind is the worst I've ever done for only ONE trophy... I can't even understand that this trophy is a such common "ultra rare"... Black Ops 3 multiplayer (grind) trophies are about 1 % or less in rarity (each) and are about as time consuming as this game is. I could have a BO3 platinum or any other real "hard" or "time consuming" platinum right now. But I actually think this game is still fun... especially the emergency missions. It's not as fun as it was but still entertaining.

I still won't recommend this game to any trophy "completitionst". However... the 100 % is possibly not attainable anymore in case they will close their server this or next year... except if you will pay a shitload of real cash for fuels and play 24/7 for a few weeks or months.

Edited by A-Rebirth

OK I'm Liutenant Colonel #66 now... Currently got 20 stocked fuels... If I play most days and maybe buying a few fuels for real $ I will maybe be there in a couple of weeks.

If you get around 500 exp for one game. You are very close, maybe 2-3 levels by week once you get to #30.

I agree with you, starting this game now would be a huge mistake for any trophy hunter.

• 1 month later...

OK I have a problem. I currently have NO PS3. I'm bidding on swedish version of Ebay but got overbid twice. I'm looking for a PS3 slim in mint condition. However I think I might get one soon. But then I won't get it before a week or something. I was buying 70 matches for real cash. I feel really stressed to get this done. I don't want to be like 3 levels left and then BAM server closure because I was playing something else. ANY news or updates when they will close the servers yet? I really hope not this year... You think they will just close the servers without a warning? No?

On 2016-10-31 at 6:09 PM, Arkthur said:

If you get around 500 exp for one game. You are very close, maybe 2-3 levels by week once you get to #30.

I agree with you, starting this game now would be a huge mistake for any trophy hunter.

I don't know exactly how many XP I get each match. But I use to score between 40 000 and 60 000 in each game. I use a level 9 ADFX-01 -Pixy- with LL armour and maxed Multi-Purpose Burst Missiles (MPBM). So having 70+ stocked fuels. I think that MIGHT be enough. At least very close including challenges and wins that rewards extra fuels. I think I'm about rank 50 - 60 right now. But I don't remember exactly.

Just now, A-Rebirth said:

I don't know exactly how many XP I get each match. But I use to score between 40 000 and 60 000 in each game. I use a level 9 ADFX-01 -Pixy- with LL armour and maxed Multi-Purpose Burst Missiles (MPBM). So having 70+ stocked fuels. I think that MIGHT be enough. At least very close including challenges and wins that rewards extra fuels. I think I'm about rank 50 - 60 right now. But I don't remember exactly.

The thing is, individual score doesn't affect your exp that much. The real factor is overall score/grade. Of course, getting an S rank in most missions is really easy.

Hard missions give way more exp, but people don't play them that much anymore. Deathmatch games also give good exp if you manage to win. If you lose, you get around 200 exp points.

I'm pretty sure they would annouce the server closure, if it came to that. Just not in game. The devs stopped supporting the game a year ago, so I would search the internet for any rumor/news about this. Either way, I think you have until the new Ace Combat comes out to reach your goal. Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arkthur said:

I'm pretty sure they would annouce the server closure, if it came to that. Just not in game. The devs stopped supporting the game a year ago, so I would search the internet for any rumor/news about this. Either way, I think you have until the new Ace Combat comes out to reach your goal. Good luck.

Where'd you get that info? I play the game daily and it has very huge player base around the world. The devs have not abandoned the game at all. New planes, currency, challenges and previous rare drops made available to buy with SST. They're currently releasing the IM@S planes slowly in to the SST catalog. 

EDIT: If something's abandoned it's Assault Horizon.

Edited by totallycrushed

6 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

Where'd you get that info? I play the game daily and it has very huge player base around the world. The devs have not abandoned the game at all. New planes, currency, challenges and previous rare drops made available to buy with SST. They're currently releasing the IM@S planes slowly in to the SST catalog. 

EDIT: If something's abandoned it's Assault Horizon.

The release schedule of new game items can be programmed. The reason why I say dev support is gone is because there are no new patches coming out. It has been that way since the 2 year anniversary. No balance changes, no actually new planes/parts/items/game modes beings added. Nothing is new, they are just recicling the 1st year releases so newcomers have something new to look up to. I've played the game for more than 2 years and stopped seeing new content way before I got the 100%. 

About the player base. I never said the game was dead. I never had any trouble finding people to play it (unless you want to play a 8 players match). But that doesn't mean the servers aren't running themselves. It is really nothing new, that's just how the life cycle of multiplayer games is.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Arkthur said:

The thing is, individual score doesn't affect your exp that much. The real factor is overall score/grade. Of course, getting an S rank in most missions is really easy.

Hard missions give way more exp, but people don't play them that much anymore. Deathmatch games also give good exp if you manage to win. If you lose, you get around 200 exp points.

Thanks. This information is great. I hope you're right about this. I was actually mailing Bandai Namco games about this matter.

Their answer:

Dear *,

We do apologize, but unfortunately the decision to close down the servers for Ace Combat: Infinity was determined by the server team in Japan (unfortunately our support team can't really comment as to why the decision to close down the servers was made).

We do appreciate that you are a fan of these titles/franchises and will make sure to pass your comments/suggestions along to our community teams (as they would be the correct team for sending any such comments/feedback). 

We have also provided their direct email for reference: community(AT)bandainamcoent.com

Thanks,

The details I was asking for was actually the specific date for server closure. It's going to be interesting to see if they will answer. However I plan to get this done in end of December or in worst case until late january. 

Edited by A-Rebirth

26 minutes ago, Arkthur said:

So the server closure is coming soon. It looks like. I wonder if they will send an in-game notification......

Either way. Good luck with the grind. Hope you get it soon.

Well shit... LT.73 currently and getting 1 level per 3 fuels about. Hope they'll boost the exp in the last month or something. This was the longest grind of all the Bandai Namco F2Ps (Excluding Gundams). Maybe if I feel like it I'm just gonna' pay for the fuel and get the last needed trophy.

@totallycrushed @A-Rebirth @Arkthur All of this completely contradicts what we've been seeing for a while now. As of this moment, there is no plan to shut down Ace Combat Infinity. It is still alive and doing well from what we know. They just added new challenges a few days ago to celebrate the holidays, with new emblem rewards. As Arkthur said, plenty of players are still playing. The playerbase is well over 10,000 active players to this day, according to tournament data, and there are still many fan communities like Acepedia (which I run) or /r/acecombat that are still discussing Infinity and meeting up to do sorties. Ace Combat 7 is not coming out until late in 2017, so they could still milk Infinity until its third anniversary in May 2017, maybe even after that.

Bandai Namco announced on December 19 that they'll be shutting down Tekken Revolution, and it will cease operations on March 20, 2017. That's a three-month closure window. Their previous F2P experiments, Ridge Racer Driftopia and Soulcalibur: Lost Swords, were much less successful than Tekken and Ace Combat Infinity, and they received two-month and three-month closure windows, respectively. With this, we can deduce that when they announce the closure of Ace Combat Infinity, it will be three months in advance, giving players plenty of time to get the remaining trophies if you so desire.

tl;dr Infinity is not shutting down any time soon. Don't worry about it - just keep playing to get that Colonel rank.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

@totallycrushed @A-Rebirth @Arkthur All of this completely contradicts what we've been seeing for a while now. As of this moment, there is no plan to shut down Ace Combat Infinity. It is still alive and doing well from what we know. They just added new challenges a few days ago to celebrate the holidays, with new emblem rewards. As Arkthur said, plenty of players are still playing. The playerbase is well over 10,000 active players to this day, according to tournament data, and there are still many fan communities like Acepedia (which I run) or /r/acecombat that are still discussing Infinity and meeting up to do sorties. Ace Combat 7 is not coming out until late in 2017, so they could still milk Infinity until its third anniversary in May 2017, maybe even after that.

Bandai Namco announced on December 19 that they'll be shutting down Tekken Revolution, and it will cease operations on March 20, 2017. That's a three-month closure window. Their previous F2P experiments, Ridge Racer Driftopia and Soulcalibur: Lost Swords, were much less successful than Tekken and Ace Combat Infinity, and they received two-month and three-month closure windows, respectively. With this, we can deduce that when they announce the closure of Ace Combat Infinity, it will be three months in advance, giving players plenty of time to get the remaining trophies if you so desire.

tl;dr Infinity is not shutting down any time soon. Don't worry about it - just keep playing to get that Colonel rank.

The thing is that they just told me that they (Bandai Namco) took the decision. Since I was in touch with them direct I assume that it has to be true. But they also didn't give me an actual date WHEN they will close it down. So you might be right... either you're right or you're not. We don't really know yet. 

Just now, A-Rebirth said:

The thing is that they just told me that they (Bandai Namco) took the decision. Since I was in touch with them direct I assume that it has to be true. But they also didn't give me an actual date WHEN they will close it down. So you might be right... either you're right or you're not. We don't really know yet. 

Something that you need to keep in mind is that Bandai Namco Games America doesn't give a care in the world about Ace Combat or its fans. They have screwed over North American fans of the series for years and it continues.

Look at their reply to your email again: "the decision to close down the servers for Ace Combat: Infinity was determined by the server team in Japan (unfortunately our support team can't really comment as to why the decision to close down the servers was made)."

This is a perfect example of why the support team you contacted is crap. You asked them when the game is shutting down, and they think you meant that the game IS shut down. Their reply to you means absolutely nothing about the game or its eventual closure, and they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

Something that you need to keep in mind is that Bandai Namco Games America doesn't give a care in the world about Ace Combat or its fans. They have screwed over North American fans of the series for years and it continues.

Look at their reply to your email again: "the decision to close down the servers for Ace Combat: Infinity was determined by the server team in Japan (unfortunately our support team can't really comment as to why the decision to close down the servers was made)."

This is a perfect example of why the support team you contacted is crap. You asked them when the game is shutting down, and they think you meant that the game IS shut down. Their reply to you means absolutely nothing about the game or its eventual closure, and they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

Yeah I also got a bit confused about the answer. I wasn't sure how to interpret it. Seems like bad management then. That's just sad.

5 minutes ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

It's sad, and it's been this way for a while. It's hard to be an Ace Combat fan sometimes. At the very least, the game is alive and well, so it won't be closing for some time.

I really hope you're right. I really like Infinity. It would be sad if the server would close down now... Even if the game is quite repetitive and I got over 200 hours in-game time and made almost every single trophy. I still enjoying the game. Especially... I can't get enough of the special missions!

Edited by A-Rebirth