PS4-Dedicated Portable Monitor Announced, Turns the Console into a Quasi-Laptop

Goro

Hori will be releasing their “Liquid Crystal Monitor 4″ for the Playstation 4 which will be priced for 32,184 yen (approximately $314). Essentially it is like having a somewhat portable system on the go (you will still need to plug into a socket though). The monitor’s max resolution is 1080p.

You simply attach the monitor onto the Playstation 4 and connect the HDMI cable to the screen then finally plug in the power supply to the wall. When you’re done using it you simply fold it over like if it was a laptop screen (I wouldn’t put it on my lap though if I were you).

No word of a release outside Japan as of yet.

full-hd-monitor-4_140628-2-670x670.jpg?5

full-hd-monitor-4_140628-1-637x425.jpg?5

Monitor Specs:

Size: 11 inches wide

External measurements: 279mm x 275; 8mm x 28mm (10.9in x 10.8in; .3 in x 1.1in)

Weight: 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs)

Full screen resolution: 1920×3 (RGB) x 1080

Display color: 18 bit color (262,144 colors)

Maximum brightness: 350cd/m2

Response time: 25ms TYP

Video input: HDMI x 2

Audio output: internal stereo speakers, 2 headphone jacks

Resolution: 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

Power source: attached AC adaptor DC 12V/2A

Electricity usage: 24W maximum

Other: 250 mm (~10 in) HDMI cable

Source

Edited by Goro
  • Like 2

I'll tell you who this would be perfect for. On military deployments, you always got That Guy who brings his Playstation and either uses a tv in the workplace or somehow smuggles in his own (god only knows how one finds room to bring a Playstation and a tv). It's why I bought a Vita, so I can game and not be That Guy. Anyways, I can totally see someone setting this up in a barracks room and being a hero for it. And it would only take a little bit of extra room in a backpack.

That's to answer the question of who exactly would buy this.

• Like 1

18 bit color is crap. 25ms response time is pretty slow too. Considering you still need outlets, I would just by a small monitor that would be twice as good for the same price. It would be worth the extra baggage.

You can almost buy another PS4 for that price, and it seems a little pointless to me, since it has to be plugged in still. It would be easier to just buy a cheap monitor for like $100. It would be bigger, have a lower response time, and look better. Depending on the model of monitor, it could still be fairly portable if you're looking to play at another person's house.