Greatest Hits - not so great :(

d3m0nd00d

I waited to get this game when it came down to $20 - big mistake on my part. Opened the game up to find out the DLC content had expired. Why would you have a greatest hits game with DLC's that expire? Well glad I waited for the greatest hits - at least I have the game now. :)

I noticed the cerburus pack that came with a new copy of Mass Effect 2 expired on 12 31 2011 luckily i downloaded it befor that.

Yea - thankfully I caught that one also and put in the code before the expiration date. One out of two isn't bad I guess. :)

That is so messed up its not even funny. I refuse to buy an EA game because they are such a shit company. I'll rent them all day, but I never give them any business.

I look at EA this way - I know I'm going to get fucked in some way, so when it happens I'm not mad. With this mentality I can buy an EA game and enjoy it as much as any other game company's product. :)

I know that this is not unique to just EA. I have read where games by Activision have also had this issue where the purchase of a Special Edition or whatever had expired DLC content.

IMHO, if that is the case, I think the purchaser should be given a full discount (while keeping the game) as the game packaging states no where that the "included" DLC is time sensitive. To me, that is dishonest advertising.

Want my money...fine...I'll give it to you. But do NOT fuck me out of it either.

• 3 months later...

I know that this is not unique to just EA. I have read where games by Activision have also had this issue where the purchase of a Special Edition or whatever had expired DLC content.

I can confirm this. I bought the Call of Duty 4 special edition which included the DLC map pack, the code to redeem it was included in the case, but the website where I had to enter it was no longer functioning.

How many of you who bought these games new actually contacted the publisher and complained about the matter? Just ranting on an independent website won't get the current or future problems corrected. Unless people voice their displeasure where the parent company can see it, and have it affect them in the first person, nothing in the future will change.

I'm sure all of these companies have Facebook and Twitter accounts. Hit them up along with their personal sites with intelligent complaints, not just the EA SUCKS crap, and I'd bet that new vouchers or refunds would already be in the mail.

Yeah, I understand that sometimes you just want to get a bitch offa your chest, but also make it a productive one.

• Like 1

How many of you who bought these games new actually contacted the publisher and complained about the matter? Just ranting on an independent website won't get the current or future problems corrected. Unless people voice their displeasure where the parent company can see it, and have it affect them in the first person, nothing in the future will change.

I'm sure all of these companies have Facebook and Twitter accounts. Hit them up along with their personal sites with intelligent complaints, not just the EA SUCKS crap, and I'd bet that new vouchers or refunds would already be in the mail.

Yeah, I understand that sometimes you just want to get a bitch offa your chest, but also make it a productive one.

Have you visited their websites to see the complaints? There are thousands of them, and many are well written and well versed, so no, not everyone just says "(Name here) sucks."

The follow-up responses by many of these customers who have contacted the publishers/developers who are in his situation has resulted in either a standard form letter quoting the terms of the included DLC (expiration dates, ect), or simply no response at all.

The real problem, just like any Big Business, is that those who should be hearing about these sorts of practices either have themselves so shielded by the consumer that they never hear of the issues or they are looking at their bottom-line and could care less. As long as the profit margin is there, companies like this will rarely take any action.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...