Premier League Discussion Thread

Precision-Playyy

I couldn't watch the mathc due to how early it was for me on the other side of the pond, but can anyone tell me what the nuts happened? I'm under the impression it all started with a penalty that shouldn't have been, but that's it.

I'd like to assume it was Van Gaal's idiocy and not really the defense's idiocy - but with Rojo there I can only hope that was it.

To sum it up dude it was a matter of. Average defending? Yes. Diabolical refereeing? Definitely!!

The penalty changed it as United were dominant up to that point. Shame really.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Great Job Arseanal, really showing how to blow you title hopes.

after big win against Leicester, you lose to young Man U and then Swansea at home...... and now Cech is injured  -_-

Wenger: "I believe in Ospina" LOL. We're so getting rekt on Saturday and Spurs are winning the league. Then we'll probably make hard work against Hull but win. Drop more points to West Brom then get spanked by Barcelona.

How are we still considered a "top side" lol xD

Liverpool are really coming into form now. I think they have a good chance to get a top 4 finish for champions league but with West Ham right there, it'll be interesting. 

This season has been amazing with Leicester and West Ham coming out of no where and Chelsea... well their start to the season before Hiddink was sending me into fits of laughter every week when i saw their results

Wenger: "I believe in Ospina" LOL. We're so getting rekt on Saturday and Spurs are winning the league. Then we'll probably make hard work against Hull but win. Drop more points to West Brom then get spanked by Barcelona.

How are we still considered a "top side" lol xD

Arsenal are 3rd.. still a top team. Other than West Ham, the next 6 games are all reasonably easy and should all be wins. Considering their pattern of always 4th, they're doing fine.

So after Steve McClaren was fired today, Newcastle's Manager to the end of the Season is Rafa Benitez http://www.espnfc.us/newcastle-united/story/2826934/newcastle-appoint-rafa-benitez-sack-steve-mcclaren.

can he save them?

It's a tough ask, I think given a full season in the Prem he could have got them functioning and start building something good there. But with so little time, he might find them relegated before he can get a mark on the squad.

If they do stay up, he has the ability to get them to a consistent top half level within a few years, especially with the new TV deal money, the best managers in the World are coming to England to have a play with all this money. It's sickening, but it'll be a spectacle nonetheless, and Newcastle may find themselves in a really good spot going in to that with Benitez there, but again, that's if they can right the ship in these next 9 games.

Edited by Baggers

Liverpool are really coming into form now. I think they have a good chance to get a top 4 finish for champions league but with West Ham right there, it'll be interesting. 

This season has been amazing with Leicester and West Ham coming out of no where and Chelsea... well their start to the season before Hiddink was sending me into fits of laughter every week when i saw their results

Arsenal are 3rd.. still a top team. Other than West Ham, the next 6 games are all reasonably easy and should all be wins. Considering their pattern of always 4th, they're doing fine.

We've can't even beat Chelsea who have been shocking this season and can't even beat United's kids. Is scraping 4th and an FA Cup really the thing for a "top side". In their day United were actually challenging and winning through their bad patches. We've been utter shit and dropped loads of easy points since January.

We've can't even beat Chelsea who have been shocking this season and can't even beat United's kids. Is scraping 4th and an FA Cup really the thing for a "top side". In their day United were actually challenging and winning through their bad patches. We've been utter shit and dropped loads of easy points since January.

I see top sides as top 4-5. 1st, like 'united in their day' would be a top side not only in the EPL but in Europe. Plus Chelsea is coming back stronger now with Hiddink so it isn't as embarrassing to lose against them now. Watch Liverpools next game, they are versing Chelsea and have been in great form but i still see it being quite close.

Arsenal might of dropped a lot of points since Jan, but their form will come back. Wenger always seems to pull it out somehow

I see top sides as top 4-5. 1st, like 'united in their day' would be a top side not only in the EPL but in Europe. Plus Chelsea is coming back stronger now with Hiddink so it isn't as embarrassing to lose against them now. Watch Liverpools next game, they are versing Chelsea and have been in great form but i still see it being quite close.

Arsenal might of dropped a lot of points since Jan, but their form will come back. Wenger always seems to pull it out somehow

Yeah Wenger probably will bring it back, but bottling every single title for the past 4 or 5 years because we can't play for shit in January / February is fucking stupid. The players need to grow a pair and actually put some effort in. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...