Servers

After a while I wanted to play the game again and always when I try to start the Crucible contend or join someone the game just goes back to the main menue...

Might it possible that the servers where shut down? 

And a nother problem happend to me: I finished the game twice with no problems, but after I started the game a few days ago my saves are gone ... does anyone have the same problem?

Hope someone can help me :) Thx

Just after I posted it I found this:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/GameSpy-Servers-going-Offline-May-31-2014-Mortal-Kombat-Reboot/td-p/43289452

the servers where shut down  :/

Yeah, I think the servers for this game were one of the unfortunate Game Spy servers to be taken down a few months ago. Thank goodness I decided to platinum this one late last year before it was announced to be taken offline.

Anyone know if the crucible trophies can be achieved offline or are these trophies unachievable becuase the servers are shutdown ?

Oh and yes, the crucible trophies were online only I believe

Edited by merciful84

Stupid Online Trophies!! :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist:

see? this is just one of the way too many reasons ( that takes too long to name all of them ) of why online trophies Sucks So Bad!! even if the game is actually a good game.

surprisingly i was so close to borrow this game from a friend of mine 4 days ago to plat it.

anyhow is the game's campaign fun to play? i asked my friend and it seem that he did not likes it so much, but he tells me to try it out and maybe i might likes it.  

• Like 1

i finished the game solo so unless the crucible is some new online dlc which im guessin its not then it can still be fully finished offline... the crucible is the create a dungeon part of the game right? i did it all offline...

I think that's what's actually online. I remember losing my connection one time and was booted out of it

You know what? You may be right...but it may be partially online. I remember searching through a list of other people's online dungeons and played a few. I guess technically, if you just make your own with enough rooms, you could get the trophies for it. But it also matters if its upload to the servers is required.

Edited by merciful84

Guys, I've checked some websites and for what i saw, the platinum for this game can be obtained OFFLINE, yes, the crucible part could be played online but the creation of the dungeons can be done offline. The advantage to play online was to access dungeons made for other players to get the trophy about collecting gold easily. I'm going to make a dungeon later and i'll notify you.

SENKA, About the save data, it's a bug the game has.

I've played split-screen with my brother some weeks ago, then the next day we tried to continue, and our save data magically disappeared.

The solution: before playing the game go offline, you know: Turn on the ps3, log out, then run the game and you'll recover your save data.

Considering this is an extremely weird situation, i recommend you back-up your save-data with a thumb drive.

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 1

I believe all the trophies can be achieved offline.  I've read the trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org and it lists all trophies as offline.  This has also been updated since the Game Spy shutdown so you should still be able to get the plat.  I'm hoping to start the game soon.  Hope this helps answer your question.

• Like 1

i never had any online connection when i played it... yet i finished it, the crucible can either be played online or offline... you just create a 25 room dungeon and solo it

if there was a patch to ensure the crucible could only be played online then all anyone has to do is delete the patch...

i got this game years ago because:

1) i was dumb enough to think anythin published by bethesda was a must buy...

and 2) because it didnt require an online connection to finish...

so surely the crucible is accessible, just not accessible for co op or online play...

damn everyone ninja'd me lol... fuckin big clumsy fuckin fingers

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

Guys, I've checked some websites and for what i saw, the platinum for this game can be obtained OFFLINE, yes, the crucible part could be played online but the creation of the dungeons can be done offline. The advantage to play online was to access dungeons made for other players to get the trophy about collecting gold easily. I'm going to make a dungeon later and i'll notify you.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for confirming that

This is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for confirming that

No problem, as i said in my previous post i was going to get those Crucible trophies when i get home, and i just got them. Totally offline.

I just need now some hours to collect all the gold hehe.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...