GOTY is a goddamn scam

I bought the GOTY newly packaged from Walmart and it advertised that all the dlc content would be in the game so I scratched the code tried to enter it and it said that it was invalid I thought that I entered it wrong and it still don't work. When I look a the voucher code it said that it expired in August 2012. So I pretty much paid extra for the main game I contacted song and they said that it was expired and there is nothing we can do about it. I don't know if anyone else was scammed like this if so tell me about it

I thought all the DLC was free for this game anyways? 

It was once... in 2012.

Anyway, you're out of luck, i know many people who went through this, you should have done some research... Sony apparently can't do anything about it (bleh), i myself bought the GOTY edition before all codes expired but just like you, i was naive and didn't do some research... i redeemed it on my main account (BRA one) and my store is missing a few U2 DLCs, so i only got 2 of the ones i should have gotten, and only one was a Map Pack (i.e a DLC with trophies) the other was Golden Guns... Sony coun't do anything about that and they can't do anything about it now.

At least in the U3 GOTY edition all DLCs are in the disc, i hate that code bullshit, can't lend the disc with the DLCs to a friend...

Edited by Tables

Try emailing Sony, maybe they can do something about it. But in the end Walmart buys all their games upfront (they pay for it right away as opposed to when they sell it) so it could very well have been sitting in the backrooms for 2+ years. Your real beef would be with Walmart not Sony so you could try returning it and seeing if you get your money back.

:)

• Like 1

Its not a scam... youre just a few years late to the party

no I saw a yt video onza guy who's redeem code was expired in September 2010 and The GOTY was released in October 2010

It was once... in 2012.

Anyway, you're out of luck, i know many people who went through this, you should have done some research... Sony apparently can't do anything about it (bleh), i myself bought the GOTY edition before all codes expired but just like you, i was naive and didn't do some research... i redeemed it on my main account (BRA one) and my store is missing a few U2 DLCs, so i only got 2 of the ones i should have gotten, and only one was a Map Pack (i.e a DLC with trophies) the other was Golden Guns... Sony coun't do anything about that and they can't do anything about it now.

At least in the U3 GOTY edition all DLCs are in the disc, i hate that code bullshit, can't lend the disc with the DLCs to a friend...

yeah Naughty Dog and Sony learned from their mistakes Edited by karanmann39

• 4 weeks later...