Rare Trophy Hunters League - Part 2

Welcome to the rare trophy hunters league - Part 2!

League Admin: vjuchen

League Helper: man_with_wdjat

As of right now, everything is subject to change. If I think the point values end up being unbalanced or broken, then I'll be sure to change them, and if someone finds some kind of exploit, I'll be adding a rule to have it removed.

Scoring System:

As you might have guessed, this trophy hunting league is going to have a different scoring system than most others. You'll be getting points based on the rarity of the trophy, instead of the type. The PSN Profiles rarities are going to be used, because I think it's a more accurate depiction of rarity among trophy hunters. And also because if I went off of the PSN ones everything would be stupid rare.

Point Values:

Common - 0 Points

Uncommon - 1 Point

Rare - 10 Points

Very Rare - 20 Points

Ultra Rare - 40 Points

Plat Point Values:

Common - 5 Points

Uncommon - 10 Points

Rare - 50 Points

Very Rare - 100 Points

Ultra Rare Plat - 200 points

All trophy types give the same number of points, except for plats. For example, if you get an uncommon bronze, it's 1 point, and if you get an uncommon gold it's still 1 point. The only reason that plats have higher points, is to encourage people to go for plats.

Also, these point values are subject to change. If people are able to win by just getting a bunch of uncommons, then I'll adjust accordingly. The point of the league is supposed to be a test of skill, not a test of who plays the most easy games in a week.

League Info:

As for how the league will work, it will be a free for all style league and will be structured similar to a race. Each week everyone gets as many trophies as they can, and at the end of the week I count up the scores and then rank everyone from 1st to xxth. You get a different number of points depending on what place you came in. 1st place will get xx points, 2nd will get xx, 3rd will get xx, and so on all the way to xxth where they get 1. At the end of the season, whoever has the most points will win. In the event of a 1st place tie, there will be a two-day exhibition match between however many people are tied for first.

Season Thirteen will begin at ??.

Fixture rotation:

The league will function on a weekly rotation. Fixtures will start on Sunday at 12:00AM and go until 11:59PM on the following Saturday. Score will be posted on Sundays. The league is based on GMT -8 time.

There will be a week long break between seasons while I shuffle things around, and also to give a little bit of a break to those that want/need it.

Rules. I can, and likely will, add to this at any time if I need to.

1. No playing the same game twice. This means that if you've already played Muramasa Rebirth, then it won't count if you import the Japanese version and play it again.
  2. If a game without a plat can be completed within an hour, then it won't count. I'll be checking the leaderboards, and if all of the fastest achievers are under an hour, then it won't count, but if you were good enough to make it in under an hour then it will.
  3. If a game with a plat can be completed within 10 hours, then it won't count. I'll be checking the leaderboards, and if all of the fastest achievers are under 10 hours, then it won't count, but if you were good enough to make it in under 10 hours then it will. These time based rules are simply because don't want to waste time counting a ridiculous number of common trophies in a rare hunters league.
  4. Only trophies obtained within the current fixture and synced to PSNP by 11:59 Saturday will count. If you don't sync before I check scores, then those trophies wont count for that fixture or the next one. They'll be lost.
  5. No account sharing.

participants for season Thirteen:

1. zajac9999
  2. man_with_wdjat
  3. Hemiak
  4. ReimiSaionji9742
  5. Gregorymany
  6. BeautifulTorment
  7. allenbird
  8. Zanzarro
  9. LucasV9991
  10. HcG-_Clawz
  11. Precision-Playy
  12. DocVoltacon
  13. Aexzia (Aela)

Final Rankings Season Twelve

• ReimiSaionji9742- 67
  • zajac9999- 59
  • Hemiak- 50
  • Gregorymany- 47
  • Aexzia- 45
  • man_with_wdjat- 44
  • HcG-_Clawz- 41
  • BeautifulTorment- 37
  • Precision-Playy- 35
  • DocVoltacon- 27
  • LucasV9991- 25
  • Zanzarro- 19
  • vjuchen- 16
  • allenbird- 14

Hall of Fame:

These are the winners from past seasons.

40-platinum.pngzajac9999x6, vjuchen, Precision-Playy, Gregorymanyx2, ReimiSaionji9742 2x

40-gold.pngHemiakx2, Precision-Playy, Smilerika, allenbird, Zanzarro, Gregorymany, ReimiSaionji9742x2, man_with_wdjatx2, zajac9999

40-silver.pngTHCBudzBlazikiller, BeautifulTormentx4, Horrorfan_1031, allenbird, Hemiakx3, Aexia

40-bronze.pngnenugalimas, man_with_wdjatx3, vjuchen, Zanzarro, allenbird, Precision-Playy, Gregorymany3x, ReimiSaionji9742

Blacklisted Games:

This is the list of blacklisted games. Games are blacklisted for different reasons. Such as being too short(anything under an hour for PSN games or 10 hours for Plat games), simply being too new, or having ability to auto-pop(I'm only one person, and I don't want to waste the time to look through your list to see if you auto-popped or not). Most of these you won't want to play anyway, because of how common the trophies are, but I want to list them anyway so that I don't get a bunch of angry PMs complaining about how I didn't count all their trophies. I'll be able to just point here.

• All games less than 3 months old. If you're not sure if a game is old enough, just PM me or post here and ask. I can give some leniency on this depending on the game.
  • Any Non-Plat game that takes less than 1 hour to complete (judging from the leaderboards).
  • Any Plat game that takes less than 10 hours to complete (judging from the leaderboards).
  • Any game that lets you auto-pop trophies (including DCUO).
  • All Telltale Games
  • Battle Fantasia
  • Singstar XMB
  • Vessel
  • KNYTT Underground
  • Surgeon Simulator (start: season 11)
  • Razing Storm (Time Crisis) (start: season 13)

Current Waitlist:

This is the waitlist of people waiting to join the league. At the end of each season, a max of 3 people from the waitlist will be added. (in order)

Edited by vjuchen
  • Like 3

Awesome. Good to see this up and running again. I was looking forward to joining, then when I saw it wasn't being done by Exhaseo anymore, I was hoping it would find new life elsewhere.

I do have one question though: are any of the Sly Cooper games blacklisted? I am considering playing Thieves in Time for another league, but I don't want to waste my time with it if it is banned from this league.

Awesome. Good to see this up and running again. I was looking forward to joining, then when I saw it wasn't being done by Exhaseo anymore, I was hoping it would find new life elsewhere.

I do have one question though: are any of the Sly Cooper games blacklisted? I am considering playing Thieves in Time for another league, but I don't want to waste my time with it if it is banned from this league.

Sly 1 and Thieves in Time are banned. sly 1 because it goes against the under 10 hour rule and thieves in time because any game with the auto pop feature isn't allowed dood. Sly 2 and 3 are allowed though

• Like 1

I've updated the list and I've decided that the 3 at the bottom of the last league will be removed for new people. I think that's just fair, because we are 15 people now also REDSHIRT64 and nenugalimas had the same amount of points in the end it wouldn't be fair to just remove nenugalimas. What do you think?

The current participant list is this then:

1. vjuchen
  2. Hemiak
  3. Blazikiller
  4. man_with_wdjat
  5. Precision-Playy
  6. cybershark91
  7. dragnierkira
  8. zajac9999
  9. THCBudz
  10. BeautifulTorment
  11. HcG-_Clawz
  12. TheAkittaja123
  13. ShogunCroCop
  14. allenbird
  15. XShadowYakuzaX

And please let me know if TheLastSurvivor will take Hemiaks place. Talk about that in a private message or here until Saturday. I'll add him to the waitlist until i know your decisicion.

Edited by vjuchen

I've updated the list and I've decided that the 3 at the bottom of the last league will be removed for new people. I think that's just fair, because we are 15 people now also REDSHIRT64 and nenugalimas had the same amount of points in the end it wouldn't be fair to just remove nenugalimas. What do you think?

Sounds good to me dood

He can take it. He(she) actually has some games with good rarity he's planning on playing coming up. Other than finishing Dyad and hopefully Catherine I plan on spending my upcoming gaming time clearing more backlog do I won't be nearly as competitive this season.

BattleFantasia is still blacklisted and will stay there so you should think about if you still intend to playing it in the league :)

And I think of getting the Platinum of Payday The Heist, Payday 2, Medieval Moves, Smart as..., Diablo III, Modnation Racers Road Trip and some others, if everthing will work fine and if I'm not to tired from work :)

"I also got rid of the list of banned games. Instead, I just restated the rules that games that take less than 1 hour for non-plat games don't count, plat games that take less than 10 hours don't count, and any auto-pop games don't count. I changed it because I think having the full list there made it feel a bit more limiting."

I can't actually quote across two threads I don't think...

The list of banned games were taken off, it's on page 9 of the old thread. So is it banned or not?