Kingdom Hearts 3D HD Remaster Possibly Coming Up Next

Cassiopria

I love how people assume that there's unlimited numbers of people in development studios. Square's in-house studios are already working on 3 games, XV, Type-0 HD, and KHIII. They don't have an entire team of people just sitting around with nothing to do. They're all busy, and in order to create a team to make 3D HD, they'd have to pull people from the other projects, and ultimately delay their releases. Which would be an incredibly dumb move.

I've never read an interview where Nomura said that he wanted to remake 3D. Ever. You'll need some sauce from a reliable source for that be believable.

ReCoM was a remake of a gameboy game, and by the time KHII came out, the GBA was on an outdated system. Since the DS had been out for over a year by the time KHII came out. Also, KHII wasn't the end of the whole story line. Also, ReCoM was originally packaged with KHIIFM+ as a bonus, because the GBA version got a lot of flack for being so different from the rest of the series. Unlike 3D which has gameplay in line with the PS2 counterparts and is on a current gen system. It also made sense for them to release a remake of an older game at that point, as a way to keep people interested in the series, which is why CoM was released in the US. They definitely explained what happened in CoM in KHII. That's what the entire Roxas segment was doing, explaining what happened in the first two games. Spoilers and what-not from here on.

They explained in KHII that Sora was put to sleep because Namine messed with his memories, and that Riku denied the same offer to look after Sora. In the journal, you also unlock entries about each of the organization members that were killed in CoM after the Roxas fight. Those explained a bit of what happened too. Point is, they explained all of the important things. Same can much more easily be done for 3D.

Here's everything important that happened in 3D. Xehanort put pieces of himself into different people and gathered them from across time to create 13 pieces of darkness needed to open the way to Kingdom Hearts, but he failed and said he'd try again once Sora and friends gather 7 pieces of light to fight him. Then Riku became a keyblade master and Sora didn't. Oh, and Kairi and Axel are being trained to use a keyblade too. Put even more simply, the original Xehanort is alive and gathering 13 people together and Sora and friends need to gather 7 people to fight them. Riku is a keyblade master and Kairi and Axel are learning to use a keyblade.

This could all very easily be explained in a single cutscene, if not a few lines of dialogue. And once you've played KHIII, you're going to know all that anyway. There won't be any new revelations by playing the game, so there's really no need for them to waste time and money on a remake of a current gen game when they have many other things they should be working on. Like XV, Type-0 HD, and KHIII, or even stuff that hasn't been announced that's far more important or would just be better than a game that's easily obtainable, like XVI, Type-1, a FFVII remake, FFXII HD, a new Star Ocean game, a new Dragon Quest game, the list goes on.

You know the team that made the first HD collection (actually only 2 people did almost all the work on this one) and is also doing the second? Yeah, those guys are not working on anything at the moment (they are giving the final touches to II.5) so they can start working on DDD right away, and Square has lots of outiside studios they usually work with, like h.a.n.d for example, they can go to those studios to tackle this remake, none of the main teams have to stop doing what they are doing to do this.

About the proof, it was back when the second collection was announced, look for it if you want to, I'm not gonna bother wasting time just to prove something that's common knowledge for anyone involved on the fanbase, go look at any of the major fan sites and you're sure to stumble into it.

And yeah, that's not even half of the important things in DDD, same way that the little they talked about COM in II wasn't, I pity anyone that never played them and have only that to go on.

I say bringing KH3D to other platforms (specially SONY's) is a must. While games like CoM, Coded, BBS and Days had something to add to the story, you could very well play the main games without them, in fact, I did, and never missed them for a second. On the other hand, 3D has some serious plot development, the whole plot of KH3 will be centered (I assume) on what happened in this game. Leaving such an important piece of story out of the console fanbase is not ideal, specially for newcomers to the franchise.

I've always criticized the fact that you had to own a bunch of consoles from different brands to keep up with KH's story, if 3D is remade, that would end. So yeah, I would buy the crap out of that game.

I would like for it to come onto a console (namely a PS3 so I could own it, lol) but having it on 3DS know how...odd...it'd be to have on your tv instead of a device.  In interest of not starting an argument, you can look at it both ways- it would do well as a game because so many people probably didn't want to buy a handheld for one game....but also could do well as one as those other entries on the .5 games, that have information.  Hell, the games that have been remastered are all mixed out of order, so it wouldn't be that it was released late/early if they put anything on a backburner.  Anyway, that's it.  Oh yeah, here's a link from a little while ago:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/24/square-enix-considering-kingdom-hearts-3d-hd-remaster/

I say bringing KH3D to other platforms (specially SONY's) is a must. While games like CoM, Coded, BBS and Days had something to add to the story, you could very well play the main games without them, in fact, I did, and never missed them for a second. On the other hand, 3D has some serious plot development, the whole plot of KH3 will be centered (I assume) on what happened in this game. Leaving such an important piece of story out of the console fanbase is not ideal, specially for newcomers to the franchise.

I've always criticized the fact that you had to own a bunch of consoles from different brands to keep up with KH's story, if 3D is remade, that would end. So yeah, I would buy the crap out of that game.

You'll need at least Days, BBS and DDD to understand wth is going on in KHIII, people will be confused why people that should be dead are alive, who the hell are TVA and Xion, etc, etc. Hell, even chi will be important to KHIII.

I would like for it to come onto a console (namely a PS3 so I could own it, lol) but having it on 3DS know how...odd...it'd be to have on your tv instead of a device.  In interest of not starting an argument, you can look at it both ways- it would do well as a game because so many people probably didn't want to buy a handheld for one game....but also could do well as one as those other entries on the .5 games, that have information.  Hell, the games that have been remastered are all mixed out of order, so it wouldn't be that it was released late/early if they put anything on a backburner.  Anyway, that's it.  Oh yeah, here's a link from a little while ago:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/24/square-enix-considering-kingdom-hearts-3d-hd-remaster/

The games are not out of order on the collections, other then Days every game is on the order they where released, and they are in fact the intended order Nomura wants new people to play them. 

You'll need at least Days, BBS and DDD to understand wth is going on in KHIII, people will be confused why people that should be dead are alive, who the hell are TVA and Xion, etc, etc. Hell, even chi will be important to KHIII.

IMO, Days is not as important. At most, it gives you some background story for certain characters. But after that, no need to play it. 

BBS is mostly the same, although it does give us answer to old misteries (Xemnas Keyblade Armor, why Roxas didn't looked like Sora, etc) it doesn't bring any development to the main story, Sora's story.

Kingdom Hearts 3D HD?  Yes please!   :lol:

Also, I would die at a Dissidia HD remaster, I always figured it'd make a perfect port.  Played the hell out of it on PSP, the fighting system is addictive and there's loads of content on the game to justify a re-release.

here here!!! WIll definitely buy it in Day 1... just thinking of it... *drooling*

I bought a 3DS just for this game but I'd definitely still get a HD Remaster.

same story here... even bought a 3DS first before a Vita because of this...

would also not mind to play it again in HD ^_^

• Like 1

IMO, Days is not as important. At most, it gives you some background story for certain characters. But after that, no need to play it. 

BBS is mostly the same, although it does give us answer to old misteries (Xemnas Keyblade Armor, why Roxas didn't looked like Sora, etc) it doesn't bring any development to the main story, Sora's story.

What about Xion? Terra? Ventus? Aqua? Hell, even Vanitas and Xehanort? They'll be major characters in KHIII, and without those games you'de be lost with where the hell these characters came from and why are they important.

What about Xion? Terra? Ventus? Aqua? Hell, even Vanitas and Xehanort? They'll be major characters in KHIII, and without those games you'de be lost with where the hell these characters came from and why are they important.

The thing is, Sora doesn't know about them (cept for Xehanort) either. Although I guess he does have some "sense" or something, that let he knows he has to help those who are lost. So they all migh be re-introduced on KH3 in some way, like a quick background check or smth (Jiminy Journal?), of course this is all guessing from my part. 

But too much derail for now. How important are these chapters to the story is based on personal preferences anyway. I'll still play them (again) when I buy the HD remixes.

• 2 weeks later...

While I'm happy about this, what about their 3ds community who brought the game out of loyalty? I remember reading people buying a 3ds just for this game and I don't think this will sit well with them considering Xbox One is getting KH3 not Nintendo. Anyway, guys you will love Kingdom Hearts 3D, it was magical and awesome. 

Ahhh who cares, if buy a console for one specific game your an idiot anyway. 

Ahhh who cares, if buy a console for one specific game your an idiot anyway. 

Those people where and still are die hard KH fans so I can't blame them. The only people who win or at least gain better experience are people that have all consoles for that generation.