Trials DLC question

spacemonkey3k

On 7.09.2021 at 10:18 PM, iExoria said:

Just did meteorain with 40 seconds left on the clock, pretty satisfied 1f605.png

Still wasnt able to do the consecutive bunny hops, did it after a save on the lower ramp. Just one extreme track left of the dlc that I currently own - deluge. 

PS: Well, deluge was no problem. So I've managed to get all the trophies for the extreme tracks of the season pass 1f604.png

Don't stop there - everything in this game is very much doable! :D 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11.11.2021 at 9:02 PM, iExoria said:

Update: I've been able to do anger management and speedcuber 1f601.png

So besides the "can you do everything?" trophy I only need 2 more achievements. 

1: Three birds, 1 Stone 

2: Beat 3 more RedLynx-Times 

Good job, especially on Anger management, this one is really annoying (Speedcuber only slightly less so) :D 

Have you tried "Three birds, 1 stone" already? It's really not too bad, though it is a bit intimidating at first.

• Like 2

On 15.11.2021 at 8:51 PM, det_gittes said:

Good job, especially on Anger management, this one is really annoying (Speedcuber only slightly less so) :D 

Have you tried "Three birds, 1 stone" already? It's really not too bad, though it is a bit intimidating at first.

Thanks, it was quite a hill to climb.

Haven't tried 3 Birds, 1 stone yet, i looked it up and .. you're right about the intimidation :D

You need to master a few jumps in the weightlessness section to pull it off .- shouldn't be too bad compared to the stuff i already done. But time will tell.

Edit:

3 birds, 1 Stone is done ?

2 tracks of RedLynx left. 

Edited by iExoria

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, JTR_Asuka_ said:

I’m probably not gonna bother with the DLC trophies after reading some of the replies here.

Honestly there’s a handful of extremely difficult dlc trophies. If you can do top roach and pipe phobia then you are capable of doing the dlcs. I gave up several times on the circles of hell trophy but as my skill level improved I started to get further and further and then had a lucky run. It’s skill dependant but also luck dependant. I’m so glad I stuck at it. Most satisfying game to 100% and I would recommend you push yourself to get it done. You can do it ? 

• Like 1

On 25.09.2022 at 3:58 PM, Shaun1094 said:

Honestly there’s a handful of extremely difficult dlc trophies. If you can do top roach and pipe phobia then you are capable of doing the dlcs. I gave up several times on the circles of hell trophy but as my skill level improved I started to get further and further and then had a lucky run. It’s skill dependant but also luck dependant. I’m so glad I stuck at it. Most satisfying game to 100% and I would recommend you push yourself to get it done. You can do it 1f44d.png 

Couldn't agree more ?Patience is the key!

• Like 2

On 25/09/2022 at 2:58 PM, Shaun1094 said:

Honestly there’s a handful of extremely difficult dlc trophies. If you can do top roach and pipe phobia then you are capable of doing the dlcs. I gave up several times on the circles of hell trophy but as my skill level improved I started to get further and further and then had a lucky run. It’s skill dependant but also luck dependant. I’m so glad I stuck at it. Most satisfying game to 100% and I would recommend you push yourself to get it done. You can do it ? 

I've done pipe phobia without too much struggle. But top roach is killing me. Put over 20 hours into and still haven't pulled it off. Got to the final really hard checkpoint with 0 faults multiple times but can only get over that checkpoint with 0 faults when I'm on a run with multiple faults lol.

• Like 2

On 30/09/2022 at 6:02 PM, deaf_swap004 said:

I've done pipe phobia without too much struggle. But top roach is killing me. Put over 20 hours into and still haven't pulled it off. Got to the final really hard checkpoint with 0 faults multiple times but can only get over that checkpoint with 0 faults when I'm on a run with multiple faults lol.

I feel your pain lol. Did a few good runs and lost to the hard checkpoint near the end. Just getting to that checkpoint with 0 faults shows you are capable of finishing the track. I personally found the checkpoint where you do the small uphill climb on two obstacles to be harder than the one near the end. Keep at it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/10/2022 at 11:04 AM, Shaun1094 said:

I feel your pain lol. Did a few good runs and lost to the hard checkpoint near the end. Just getting to that checkpoint with 0 faults shows you are capable of finishing the track. I personally found the checkpoint where you do the small uphill climb on two obstacles to be harder than the one near the end. Keep at it!

I finally got Top Roach done earlier today! Feels good man. Still got a good handful of challenges to get through but so glad this one's out the way. Anyone reading this should just keep at it. It takes a long time but it feels so rewarding when that 'challenge complete!' pops up on screen. Its worth the time and pain!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, deaf_swap004 said:

I finally got Top Roach done earlier today! Feels good man. Still got a good handful of challenges to get through but so glad this one's out the way. Anyone reading this should just keep at it. It takes a long time but it feels so rewarding when that 'challenge complete!' pops up on screen. Its worth the time and pain!

Congrats, excellent job - and it's a great feeling, indeed! 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 1:26 PM, deaf_swap004 said:

Anyone reading this should just keep at it. It takes a long time but it feels so rewarding when that 'challenge complete!' pops up on screen. Its worth the time and pain!

How good are you at the Trials games? I noticed you’ve 100%’d all 3 of them. Did you go into it with lots of experience or was it your first time playing the series? 

Just wondering as it’s been in my backlog for a long while but I’m not sure if I’d be able to do it

4 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

How good are you at the Trials games? I noticed you’ve 100%’d all 3 of them. Did you go into it with lots of experience or was it your first time playing the series? 

Just wondering as it’s been in my backlog for a long while but I’m not sure if I’d be able to do it

I started off with Trials Fusion, then played through Blood Dragon and Rising. Before Fusion I had never played a Trials game before. The game is a huge challenge when coming into it for the first time, as it was for me, but if you are willing to practise and learn various techniques using videos and guides, as well as spend MANY hours failing and reattempting the majority of the harder levels and challenges, you'll be able to do it.

For example, Top Roach took me 25 hours of attempts before I was successful, and one of the Redlynx to the Sword times took me 15 hours before I was successful. It's a long road but such a rewarding game if you have the perseverance for it.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, deaf_swap004 said:

I started off with Trials Fusion, then played through Blood Dragon and Rising. Before Fusion I had never played a Trials game before. The game is a huge challenge when coming into it for the first time, as it was for me, but if you are willing to practise and learn various techniques using videos and guides, as well as spend MANY hours failing and reattempting the majority of the harder levels and challenges, you'll be able to do it.

For example, Top Roach took me 25 hours of attempts before I was successful, and one of the Redlynx to the Sword times took me 15 hours before I was successful. It's a long road but such a rewarding game if you have the perseverance for it.

That's encouraging. I think I'll go back and at least try to cleanup some of the less demanding ones, and then see if I'm wanting to do more.

Did you play on PS5 or PS4/PS4 Pro? I'm just wondering what loading times are like/how improved they are with the SSD

On 10/31/2023 at 3:57 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

That's encouraging. I think I'll go back and at least try to cleanup some of the less demanding ones, and then see if I'm wanting to do more.

Did you play on PS5 or PS4/PS4 Pro? I'm just wondering what loading times are like/how improved they are with the SSD

Makes no difference. And your hours to 100% base game or entirety of the list is gonna vary quite different to others. All comes down to personal skill. You could maybe do base game in 40 hours, maybe it’ll take 200. 

There’s those exploit tracks for some of the harder dlc stuff but I doubt the legitimacy of them after both rising and fusion got a hacked track put on Track Central not too long apart. But I doubt you can get in touch with a dev to confirm whether or not track specific trophies are supposed to pop through it and not through third party software. Quite a few of the 100% achievers have used them.

43 minutes ago, B1ngBangBOsh said:

after both rising and fusion got a hacked track put on Track Central not too long apart.

Was there really a hacked track on Fusion? I've only heard of the one on Rising. Anyway, online servers are currently broken (for over a week now, though it mostly affects the Track Central), I wonder how long until they pull the plug on this game (which will soon be 10 years old).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Was there really a hacked track on Fusion? I've only heard of the one on Rising. Anyway, online servers are currently broken (for over a week now, though it mostly affects the Track Central), I wonder how long until they pull the plug on this game (which will soon be 10 years old).

Aye about a few weeks after rising there was one that the creator took off after he tested it himself, so the third party stuff from PC is there. I just don’t know if those exploited tracks contain it or whether they’re legit and track central allows said trophies by default. And they’re shutting down the old Trials games back on Xbox and that down now, so I’d say this game still has a few years. Hopefully it’s still tracking actual times on campaign tracks since I still need to clean up that last DLC whenever I can be arsed.