Best Method for 'A Mighty Doom' - Level 25 Rune

This is EXTREMELY frustrating. Four times have I built someone up to level 20, and four times have I met the exact prerequisite for a level 25 rune, and four times have I gottten an Epic Rune. C'mon, that's too ridiculous. Is there any way to GUARANTEE that it's going to be a level rune, because I'm really getting tired of this :( (I haven't been issuing death threats)

If you aren't using death threats, then I'm sorry to say you're just horribly unlucky. =\ While there is no sure fire way of making it not any epic rune without the method outlined in the post, my suggestion is that after you build up your Uruk warchief, you save your game onto the PS+ cloud or a USB thumbdrive. You can keep retrying by loading up that file over and over to attempt it much faster.

If you aren't using death threats, then I'm sorry to say you're just horribly unlucky. =\ While there is no sure fire way of making it not any epic rune without the method outlined in the post, my suggestion is that after you build up your Uruk warchief, you save your game onto the PS+ cloud or a USB thumbdrive. You can keep retrying by loading up that file over and over to attempt it much faster.

I know, I read that tip before, but I currently don't have PS+, so no online storage :/

Yea, I was really about to explode. Anyway, using this method I FINALLY got the trophy. Thanks :)

I know, I read that tip before, but I currently don't have PS+, so no online storage :/

Yea, I was really about to explode. Anyway, using this method I FINALLY got the trophy. Thanks :)

For future, you don't need PS+ to backup :P USB works just as well if you don't have PS+, and can just back up on a PC.

Congratulations on your trophy though! \o/

Edited by Griffon234
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

OK, this trophy was annoying as hell.

I just got it by killing a level 20 legendary warchief that had no weaknesses/fears and after issuing a death threat to him. This guy had two particularly annoying traits (among others that rendered him a walking tank): the one that triggers him to run away when his health is low enough and the one that makes him being surrounded by a legion of orcs.

He had two followers (both under my command and both died pretty much at the start of the encounter). I hit him hard to get his health low enough to trigger the aforementioned trait. Just as he was retreating, my third orc (the one that had the death threat going) issued the final blows. To my surprise he dropped a level 25 rune (I was expecting to get an epic one).

I pretty much had to death threat him because, having no fear/weaknesses, I couldn't get past a level 24 rune. The best tip I can give you is: backup your save before facing your foe. It's already a pain in the ass having to do the preparations. 

By the way, I got it first try after doing the death threat method. Guess I was lucky.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This method just worked for me too.  Just wanted to add that I skipped step 3 and just combat branded the grunts around him during the mission, and they did the job too.  May save a good chunk of your time unless the warchief you are going after has a ton of bodyguards.  Mine only had 1 bodyguard, which I had already branded, but then I hit the wrong button and his head exploded instead of fighting for me.  The grunts faired way better than I thought they would.  The warchief even tried to escape but they killed him before he could.  If he does run, can always arrow pin him and let them catch up or brand more there. 

Edited by kinnyman
spelling