Does anybody else here not smoke and not drink?

Capreb

I don't drink or smoke. 

I tried smoking (also weed a couple times when i was younger) and drinking, but it never appealed to me. Guess i have had a taste of alcohol maybe 3-5 times in my adult life (18+), and im 33 now. 

I don't mind other people drinking or smoking (as long as it's not indoors, the smoking). But never was my thing :) 

Don’t drink - been sober since December 2008, and only really vape now - I’ll switch back to cigarettes in a pinch, when it’s difficult to take Vape juice (overseas or whatnot) but that’s pretty rare.

I will have the odd cigar still - not terribly often though.

Smoked cloves for a while around 2005, but stopped a few months later. I liked the taste and smell, but it just cost too much. Friends with smoking problems asked how I quit so easily. Had to explain that it wasn't an addiction, it was a habit. Ones easier to stop than the other.

Never developed a taste for alcohol in terms of drinking. Love to cook with it, though. Home made beer batter chicken/shrimp/fish, beef bourguignon, brandy cake, etc.

• Like 1

I don't smoke at all but my bf does. I've given up trying to convince him to quit; if watching his dad die of lung cancer and breaking promises to his son isn't enough, nothing I say will be. I'm not his mother; he can make his own unhealthy choices. Not like he would listen to his actual mother anyways. 

I don't really drink much due to having an extremely overactive bladder that gets irritated by literally everything I put into my body including water. Sometimes (very rarely) I just decide 'screw it' because no matter what I feel uncomfortable in my own body so I might as well consume something that I can at least enjoy going down. It really sucks and I am getting a nerve implant eventually to hopefully calm my bladder down so I can live a bit more peacefully and spend less time worrying about bathroom strategies. Can't say I would drink more after as it doesn't really appeal to me as I am not exactly a 'fun' drunk but rather a 'this is nice but now I'd like to go to bed' boring drunk. Maybe it's because my parents never made it taboo and started me young but I never sought out alcohol as a source of entertainment or an 'escape' or what have you. I have trophy hunting for that.

I quit smoking when I was 18.

As for alcohol, I used to drink a lot in my teens/early 20s. Now I'm just a social drinker only - beer preferred over the hard stuff. I know I'm lucky cuz there were teenagers who got into rehab for alcohol addiction in ages like 13 or 15.

Deciding whether or not someone "does drugs" is a weird one. For example, caffeine is a drug which is present in coffee and tea. That's legal. DMT is a naturally occurring molecule in human physiology but that's illegal in many countries for obfuscated reasons. MDMA in controlled therapy helps people overcome trauma - that's illegal many places. Opioid was allowed by authorities and ruined so many lives.

There's a lot of hypocrisy in our legislation and society when it comes to drugs. Only in countries like Portugal, they have made the right strides to which drugs are actually harmful, which aren't.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2022 at 9:58 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Women develop premature lines on their faces, and their teeth turn yellow.

I've seen a few beautiful women in my country get ruined by meth in their early 20s. The most famous example of them was this contestant on Australia's Next Top model. Went from the sophisticated/gorgeous blonde archetype to looking like she was in her late 40s in 2 years, with this overall unhealthy vibe to her. Within four years, she was homeless and found dead.

Edited by Eraezr

I've watched my dad slowly kill himself with smoking, so I absolutely detest it. I personally don't drink either (straight edge here) but don't care much if people take the occassional drink.

• Like 1