PS4 Firmware Update 2.0 thoughts?

eliteshooter009

I personally love this update , especially the ability to change the background color and to apply different themes. My favorite part of this update is the you tube app, i was surprised actually how fast and responsive it is. Plays videos in HD straight away with no buffering and the layout is very easy to use.

what are your guys thoughts on it?? the psn is down at the moment, probably because everyone wants to use shareplay loool

• Like 1

Meh apart from the shareplay thing, you still can't choose your background...really Sony just a color change? I guess music is nice for some but I have my computer right next to my consoles so its irreleavant to me.

you can download the themes you just cant use them which i don't know wtf im going to put up a photo but there 5 themes right now.

14mxuus.jpg

I like the update so far but they need to fix some of the bugs and stuff that all  :)

Edited by MRgreen55

My thoughts are simple.  "Fix network stability" before working on tweaks and visuals.  That's more important.  Lame.

yea i agree with this , i think part of their problems is they dont do enought testing before releasing updates , they just stick to there deadlines.

Meh apart from the shareplay thing, you still can't choose your background...really Sony just a color change? I guess music is nice for some but I have my computer right next to my consoles so its irreleavant to me.

yea i dont get why they miss out the obvious 

you can download the themes you just cant use them which i don't know wtf im going to put up a photo but there 5 themes right now.

14mxuus.jpg

I like the update so far but they need to fix some of the bugs and stuff that all  :)

I know I can download thmes, but they are usually restricted to a game, what if I want to have a background about my fav band? Also they are free for now but do you think they will be free forever? Hopefully something like ps3themes.com emerges from this now that the system can at least support themes.

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 1

I know I can download thmes, but they are usually restricted to a game, what if I want to have a background about my fav band? Also they are free for now but do you think they will be free forever? Hopefully something like ps3themes.com emerges from this now that the system can at least support themes.

15) No Custom Wallpapers

Users cannot upload their own PS4 background wallpapers, but a Sony representative said the team is looking at feedback and will make a decision in the future.

That quote from http://www.gamespot.com/articles/26-essential-facts-on-ps4s-2-0-update-masamune/1100-6423203/

just got to wait ps3 did have custom theme right off the bat if i remember right

Edited by MRgreen55
  • Like 1

What about the ability to pause downloads? or making folders? or turning off the dualshock light?

Or how about changing the awful interface.

Those are some of the changes they have to make and not that stupid share stuff

Edited by RoD_HiGo

What about the ability to pause downloads? or making folders? or turning off the dualshock light?

Or how about changing the awful interface.

Those are some of the changes they have to make and not that stupid share stuff

Did you even read the patch notes..... just saying..... but you can pause your downloads . folder yes they need to add them and about the dualshock light sony said they cant turn it off .... so just deal with the dam light not that bad but they need to make it were we can change colors .

Edited by MRgreen55

It's a step in the right direction. Share Play sounds like a great new addition, I probably won't use it much though myself. I still want many of the features that the PS3 has to come to PS4 though - although Sony seem very reluctant to add them for some reason.

But most of all they have to improve there online functionality, after now charging for online play they are getting a lot more money from PSPlus subs, it's time they used that money to make sure there servers aren't going down during busy periods, it's pretty unacceptable how they still haven't improved this IMO and why Xbox Live is still a much more reliable and effectively a superior service.

• Like 1

Where do you download the themes from?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/all-themes/cid=STORE-MSF77008-THEMESALLTHEMES|platform~ps4|

will that did work .. go the online store then click on game at the top then scroll down to theme and click on all themes then just click on ps4 and done :) hope that helps

Edited by MRgreen55

How impatient are you? Themes get added to the store, which hasn't been updated yet.

Also still no psn id change, is almost like Sony doesnt like money.

Sony CANT do that. They've already said so years ago.

• Like 1

Personally, I just wish the PS4 would give me an onscreen notice telling me when one of my friends was online, so I didn't have to stop what I'm doing to check my friends list. The PS4 has friggin voice control now, but when I say, "Playstation, show me when my fucking friends are online while I'm in a game, for fuck's sake", it's got nothing for me.

I know it's a difficult thing to ask, but I hope some time in the distant future, when technology can finally catch up to the demands of its users, that we can have some sort of onscreen indication that lets us know when someone on our friends list has come online, so we don't have to pause the game we're playing to check our friends list. I know, this is some technological singularity-level shit here, but I feel that this functionality is perfectly reasonable to attain in the near future with PS4 next gen technology. Possibly, this functionality might even be able to be turned off and on at will.