What's your world state? *spoilers for DA:O and DA2*

Time4Tiddy

I'm curious what world state people are planning for their first foray into DA:I.  

I have a goody goody Dalish Elf rogue who put Anora on the throne, kept Alistair in the wardens, and gave Morrigan a god-baby, followed by a salty mage Hawke who slew the Arishok and executed Anders, with a templar Carver.

Still haven't decided if I will play as a rogue or mage first.

I can't remember the little details but the major ones were

Male Human Warrior that did the deal with Morrigan, put Alistair on the throne (with Anora), and romanced Leliana. Did the morally good choices (except not destroying the anvil),

I never actually completed DA2, but I did get to the final boss. I played as Joker Male Hawke and romanced the pirate hooker. Can't remember anything other than that. 

DA:O

- Human male warrior

- Romanced Morrigan

- Alistair became king

- Morrigan had a old god baby with my warden

DAII

- Hawke was a male mage

- Romanced Isabela

- Killed the Arishock

- Allowed Anders to live

- Carver became a Grey Warden

Edited by Hikari_Symphony

Human Templar Warrior that made the deal with Morrigan and had Alistair become king. Hawke as a Mage who supported the Mages that kept Anders alive and has a Grey Warden sister.

Did you use the Keep to get this?  I hadn't thought of using Keep to get a mage Hawke with surviving sister...

Did you use the Keep to get this?  I hadn't thought of using Keep to get a mage Hawke with surviving sister...

Nope, I haven't used the Keep. I'm probably not going to get the backstory I had then. It apparently doesn't even support my browser.

Throughout all my playthroughs I had Hawke's sister live. I didn't even think there was a way for her to die.

Nope, I haven't used the Keep. I'm probably not going to get the backstory I had then. It apparently doesn't even support my browser.

Throughout all my playthroughs I had Hawke's sister live. I didn't even think there was a way for her to die.

There is no way to play as a mage Hawke and keep Bethany alive, unless you are playing on PC and are using a mod - which makes the game treat you like a rogue for all conversation and social purposes.  It's definitely not an intended option.  I didn't play around with the Keep enough to see if you could make mage Hawke world state with a surviving sister.

Edit: I just attempted to use the Keep to adjust my world state so my mage Hawke could have a circle mage Bethany.  It popped up that I'd have to switch my world state to one of my rogue Hawkes, or cancel the change.  So, the Keep doesn't allow you to switch out the surviving sibling.

Edited by Time4Tiddy

There is no way to play as a mage Hawke and keep Bethany alive, unless you are playing on PC and are using a mod - which makes the game treat you like a rogue for all conversation and social purposes.  It's definitely not an intended option.  I didn't play around with the Keep enough to see if you could make mage Hawke world state with a surviving sister.

Edit: I just attempted to use the Keep to adjust my world state so my mage Hawke could have a circle mage Bethany.  It popped up that I'd have to switch my world state to one of my rogue Hawkes, or cancel the change.  So, the Keep doesn't allow you to switch out the surviving sibling.

Oh, I was thinking of Carver the whole time then. Wow, I look smart now :P In my defense I haven't played it in forever.

In that case, I'm pretty sure I had a Grey Warden Carver then. I know I always made sure they came with me on the expedition.

• Like 1

Oh, I was thinking of Carver the whole time then. Wow, I look smart now :P In my defense I haven't played it in forever.

In that case, I'm pretty sure I had a Grey Warden Carver then. I know I always made sure they came with me on the expedition.

Eh, Carver was the better sibling anyway - I know everybody hates on him, but at least he had some angsty younger sib issues, Bethany was just bland and weak.

Off topic question (since I dont want to start a new thread for a silly question) 

how is the story in DA games? I mean if I will start with Inquisition will I be missing something out or will it have a new story?

The story is what sets DA apart, they have really built a rich history, and the conflict between magic and religion is a huge part of the world.  If you played the first two and import your world state, there will be a lot of references to previous games and returning characters that survived earlier games, similar to how ME3 had cameos and sidequests based on what happened in earlier games.  However, unlike ME3, this is not a continuation of the story from the first two games (and 2 wasn't a continuation of 1, either).  It's a completely fresh story with a new protagonist in a different part of the world, and from what I have read of the reviews, they do a good job of setting up the historical conflict quickly for those who haven't experienced the earlier games.

I played both so many times, that the combinations are staggering, and I don't remember which of my warden's did what. As for Hawke, I'll be starting with my most recent:

- Female Warrior

- "Romanced" Sebastian (DLC archer)

- Sided with Templars

- Killed Anders

I'll have to play DA:I a dozen times... I'm not sure if I should use a Warden that Romanced Morrigan or Leliana, since I know they will both be there in the game... Who's awkward reunion would I rather see?

The story is what sets DA apart, they have really built a rich history, and the conflict between magic and religion is a huge part of the world.  If you played the first two and import your world state, there will be a lot of references to previous games and returning characters that survived earlier games, similar to how ME3 had cameos and sidequests based on what happened in earlier games.  However, unlike ME3, this is not a continuation of the story from the first two games (and 2 wasn't a continuation of 1, either).  It's a completely fresh story with a new protagonist in a different part of the world, and from what I have read of the reviews, they do a good job of setting up the historical conflict quickly for those who haven't experienced the earlier games.

Thanks for the info :)

I will probably get it later as I now have a lot of other games to play 

I played both so many times, that the combinations are staggering, and I don't remember which of my warden's did what. As for Hawke, I'll be starting with my most recent:

- Female Warrior

- "Romanced" Sebastian (DLC archer)

- Sided with Templars

- Killed Anders

I'll have to play DA:I a dozen times... I'm not sure if I should use a Warden that Romanced Morrigan or Leliana, since I know they will both be there in the game... Who's awkward reunion would I rather see?

Did your Morrigan romance include going through the Eluvian with her?  I'm curious how they'll resolve that storyline - Leliana's romance was a little more straight-forward.

Just finished my world, i based my Origins world around my playthrough for the most part (i didn't kill Loghain when i played the game, because trophies)

-Male noble rogue

-Alistair is king

-Werewolves all the way

-killed Bhelen

-didn't sleep with Morrigan (whuuuut?!)

-sacrificed in the final battle

I didn't play DA2, so i had most characters die so they wouldn't confuse me in Inquisition, made Hawke a female mage, who sided with the mages all the time.

I have tons of play throughs, but I guess my main characters are:

DA:O

- Male Rogue Dalish Elf - Dual Wielding Swords

- Romanced Leliana

- Destroyed The Anvil of the Void

- Sided with the Elves, but cured the werewolves

- Sided with the Mages

- Saved the Arl of Redcliff (let the traitor mage do it to redeem himself)

- Told the World about the Urn of Sacred Ashes (ie did not destroy)

- Let Loghain join the wardens

- Put Alistair and Anora on the throne (confident Alistair)

- Let Loghain do the nasty with Morrigan

- Sided with the Architect in Awaikenings

- Saved Amaranthine

- All side character personal quests done (Origins & Awakenings)

DA2:

- Female Diplomatic Warrior Hawke - favoring Two-Handed Weapons

- Romanced Merrill

- Sided with Mages

- Bethany joined the Circle

- Hawke defeated Arishok in 1 on 1 combat

- Let Anders live

- (Legacy DLC) Initially sided with Janeka, then switched to Larius right before the end (avoids getting any wardens killed)

- Let Anders talk Varric out of killing his brother.

- All personal quests done, all side characters with max favorable disposition.

Did your Morrigan romance include going through the Eluvian with her?  I'm curious how they'll resolve that storyline - Leliana's romance was a little more straight-forward.

I didn't play all the DLC for DA:O, unfortunately. They may address it, verbally, but in some DA:O playthroughs, I killed Leliana after I desacreted the Ashes of Andraste, but I'm sure even if I use that world's state, she'd still be alive... They'll have to bend some things to make a cohesive narrative.

I didn't play all the DLC for DA:O, unfortunately. They may address it, verbally, but in some DA:O playthroughs, I killed Leliana after I desacreted the Ashes of Andraste, but I'm sure even if I use that world's state, she'd still be alive... They'll have to bend some things to make a cohesive narrative.

Considering that they a) let you create a Keep world state in which Leliana "died" but that they also B) show Leliana alive in DA2 no matter what, with the following dialogue (paraphrased from memory) "I heard you were dead." "The Maker decided it wasn't my time." - I'm assuming they'll have some kind of explanation in DA:I for how Leliana is alive.  Perhaps she will turn out to be a reincarnation of Andraste or something, you do kill her in Andraste's "presence".  If they were just going to retcon her as never being killed, I doubt they'd let you choose her fate in the Keep.

Oh, and re: the DLC, in Witch Hunt, you find Morrigan with a fully functioning Eluvian - she is planning to use it like a portal and go who knows where.  If you romanced her, you can go through the Eluvian with her and never be seen again.  That's why I think that "ending" would be interesting to see played out.  Any other DA:O world state with a living Warden basically just has you off doing Warden-y stuff somewhere.