The Vent Thread

indigoware

This thread is made mainly for people who feel a sense of relief from typing down their frustrations, anger and negative thoughts - sometimes, it can genuinely be therapeutic and help you analyse whatever is troubling you (and maybe help you solve it).

So yeah, feel free to moan about that really slow and lazy coworker, or how the bus never arrives timely for you to get to work.

Anything goes, as long as it's a vent! You don't necessarily have to quote someone replying to their thought, as this can be just for personal use. 

In any case, I'll do the honors first:

Sometimes I long to travel, sometimes I don't. It's a deep seeded craving. But then again, how are you supposed to feel when you heart has been scattered across different continents and nations; when you've fell in and out of love of so many places, faces, things -- you don't know who, or what, to miss anymore? How is one supposed to truly feel? And then, the sudden realisation that you'll most likely never revisit certain places.. well, it's a haunting feeling that can only be lived through memory. A small journey lived through closed eyelids and an open mind.

Edited by Innocentiae
  • Like 1

See this thread down here? Yup, i used the search tool. What else is common between this thread and the one down there? Yup, it's getting locked.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/19008-the-official-venting-thread-warning-possible-explicit-language/?hl=%2Bvent+%2Bout+%2Byou+%2Banger+%2Bthread#entry394741

Edited by Jetstream Sam

I'm still annoyed the fact Minecraft when I was simply minutes from the platinum froze and deleted all my data!!!

I'm still sore about it even have a few people willing to help me plat the game- but the thing is I just have this feeling I need to plat it myself or it just won't feel satisfying!

So in a few days I'm going for it again- excpt on my main account not the alt this time.

IN RL

What is annoying me here is that my the women in charge of giving me my apartment will not call me back or nothing- left dozen of messeges, sent a letter and even tried waiting for them after lunch- I waited outside from 12 noon to 3- and they never came back from lunch.

I have this feeling they are hiding from me but why?- if you don't want to approve me just tell me stop being so damn rude!!

I'm still annoyed the fact Minecraft when I was simply minutes from the platinum froze and deleted all my data!!!

I'm still sore about it even have a few people willing to help me plat the game- but the thing is I just have this feeling I need to plat it myself or it just won't feel satisfying!

So in a few days I'm going for it again- excpt on my main account not the alt this time.

IN RL

What is annoying me here is that my the women in charge of giving me my apartment will not call me back or nothing- left dozen of messeges, sent a letter and even tried waiting for them after lunch- I waited outside from 12 noon to 3- and they never came back from lunch.

I have this feeling they are hiding from me but why?- if you don't want to approve me just tell me stop being so damn rude!!

I had the same problem with minecraft when I was going for the 500m rail trophy, broke my controller as a result xD but it didn't delete my data so I don't what happened there with yours, that sucks, hope you persevere though.

For me, I'm really frustrated as Sky Living dropped Supernatural, the little fuckers, now I have to wait to see if anyone picks it up, so here I am waiting for s9 when the US has alreadystarted on s10, the same thing happened with Weeds in the UK, Sky dropped that after s3 and I never saw that again until they started realesing them on DVD years later.

Edited by Spark-N

See this thread down here? Yup, i used the search tool. What else is common between this thread and the one down there? Yup, it's getting locked.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/19008-the-official-venting-thread-warning-possible-explicit-language/?hl=%2Bvent+%2Bout+%2Byou+%2Banger+%2Bthread#entry394741

There's no need to be condescending, who says I didn't use the search tool? The thread didn't appear for me. 

In any case, moderators are free to lock this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

I would love to scatter my heart and soul across many continents and faces.  That is what I'd like to vent about today, that I've only exited the united states once and that was to Cancun for my senior trip in high school.  If anyone is looking for a mail order husband/kid I'm all aboard for making some new memories. 

There's no need to be condescending, who says I didn't use the search tool? The thread didn't appear for me. 

In any case, moderators are free to lock this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The only reason i might have sounded like that is because this kind of thread has no need to be on this site. Go to a therapy site if you need to vent out your anger.

Jetstream I don't think she's in any serious mental distress that I can sense.  I've seen a similar thread in the (Off Topic Section) of another site I was looking at ... and this way there's a place to say all those silly/or big things that may be bugging you in one place.  

If I may say I think you're being a just a little too serious.  :blush:  

• Like 1

The only reason i might have sounded like that is because this kind of thread has no need to be on this site. Go to a therapy site if you need to vent out your anger.

You didn't 'sound' condescending, you were being condescending, even right now. Just because you don't feel relief in typing out what troubles you, doesn't necessarily imply everyone else on the forum will feel the same. Everyone handles things differently and finds comfort differently. I'm sure that if anyone here had any mental illnesses, they wouldn't be genuinely seeking for serious therapy on a gaming forum. This thread was made for people who want to vent out the small things in life, or even big ones, if they feel confident enough to share it with everyone else. You shouldn't be the one to dictate how other people should feel, what they should do with their emotions, or if they should use a thread to say what's bothering them. Learn to be a bit more respectful of others and what they want to do, instead of acting like a pompous twat. Cheers.

• Like 1

I locked the thread you linked because of the way the OP handled himself. I have no problem with a venting thread as long as everyone acts mature and respects each other, if someone decides to freak out and attack people like the OP in the other thread did, this one will be locked too. 

Parker

• Like 4

ok since I contributed to it going off course I'll attempt to redirect it a tad.  I can't stand this and it's something that has been happening at a higher rate recently to me while driving.  People that ride my ass, even in the very far right lane on the interstate (one designated to people that want to go a little slower).  I'll never forget what my dad said, it's not you you have to worry about on the road but it's the other people.

I grew up with a 93' blazer and never liked to push it too hard.  People seem to always be in a such a damn hurry.   

I know, I know, nowhere near as deep and thought provoking as innocentiae's.    Whereas traffic is my first thought.  :rolleyes:

Edited by SilkyJay86

I locked the thread you linked because of the way the OP handled himself. I have no problem with a venting thread as long as everyone acts mature and respects each other, if someone decides to freak out and attack people like the OP in the other thread did, this one will be locked too. 

Parker

Alright, that's fair. Sorry for my behavior guys.

Getting really sick of being the highest performer at my job and being surrounded by idiots that either do nothing but try to hit on female employees or are major distractions for people who actually try to do their job (eg me).  Beginning to think people just don't care like I do.  Just today I got a duster thrown at me when the guy could have simply walked 2 feet and handed it to me.  What the fuck.

• Like 1

I know, I know, nowhere near as deep and thought provoking as innocentiae's.    Whereas traffic is my first thought.  :rolleyes:

Every thought counts, don't down yourself like that :)

--- --- ---

Really tired of living 5 minutes near town centre. Sure, it does indeed have its perks, but all the drunk people you get on weekends is just too much sometimes. Especially for someone like me, who has always been used to growing up around nature, farms and forests. Hopefully, I'll be moving to a different area, near some actual pastures and greenery (an hour walk away from town centre). The wait is killing me. 

Having my PS3 start acting up as soon as I get close to clearing Razor's Edge on the second-highest difficulty, not too sure about starting it up again, since it caused me to restart my PS3 3 times in the space of 5 minutes. This week has just been getting worse & worse, all the crap I've had to put up with this week alone is not helping my depression one damn bit.

Still somewhat peeved about this lady I met in the park this morning. Whilst I was walking my dog, she stopped to defecate, and this snooty lady stopped and said in a very condescending voice if I was going to pick that up.

Mind you, my dog was still in the middle of defecating and I had one of the poop bags in my hand, ready to pick it up whenever she was done. I don't even know what made her think I had no intention of picking it up, when I clearly was holding one of the bags in my left hand and was blatantly tending to my dog? It just upsets me when people have the wrong impression, just because I have piercings and don't dress like your average girl. It usually never disturbs me what people think, but sometimes the small things can really come to bug you once you analyse them. I can guarantee you she wouldn't have uttered a word if I looked differently and more socially acceptable; this is not the first time this has occured. 

In any case, I'll try to not let this small incident bug me further :)

Still somewhat peeved about this lady I met in the park this morning. Whilst I was walking my dog, she stopped to defecate, and this snooty lady stopped and said in a very condescending voice if I was going to pick that up.

Mind you, my dog was still in the middle of defecating and I had one of the poop bags in my hand, ready to pick it up whenever she was done. I don't even know what made her think I had no intention of picking it up, when I clearly was holding one of the bags in my left hand and was blatantly tending to my dog? It just upsets me when people have the wrong impression, just because I have piercings and don't dress like your average girl. It usually never disturbs me what people think, but sometimes the small things can really come to bug you once you analyse them. I can guarantee you she wouldn't have uttered a word if I looked differently and more socially acceptable; this is not the first time this has occured. 

In any case, I'll try to not let this small incident bug me further :)

God.. that is something for me to look forward to in the summer.. getting a sleeve tattoo done, I know it'll get me a lot of dirty looks from ones.. but honestly don't care what people think.  Anyone who accuse me of not going to clean up after my dog with bags in hand will get a word or two said to them though.  My little vent when walking my dog is people who think it's okay just to come pet your dog without asking permission first, or worse yet, taking their kid to pet the dog.  Seriously ask permission first, this is why there's so many dog bites.  My dog is good with people, but he does tend to get a bit excited which can lead to a snap.  I have so many people who take me for rude/selfish as I wouldn't let their kids pet my dog out of the fear of my dog hurting them, but people don't get this unfortunately.

• Like 1

God.. that is something for me to look forward to in the summer.. getting a sleeve tattoo done, I know it'll get me a lot of dirty looks from ones.. but honestly don't care what people think.  Anyone who accuse me of not going to clean up after my dog with bags in hand will get a word or two said to them though.  My little vent when walking my dog is people who think it's okay just to come pet your dog without asking permission first, or worse yet, taking their kid to pet the dog.  Seriously ask permission first, this is why there's so many dog bites.  My dog is good with people, but he does tend to get a bit excited which can lead to a snap.  I have so many people who take me for rude/selfish as I wouldn't let their kids pet my dog out of the fear of my dog hurting them, but people don't get this unfortunately.

Tattoos always instigate malicious thoughts in ignorant people and those who are easily impressionable, I fully agree with you on that one. Regarding your sentiment for people petting your dog without your permission, that has happened to me far too many times. My Stella is a very excitable dog as well (since she's a rescue and is so appreciative of everything and full of energy) and she sometimes can be a bit too overpowering/overbearing when someone comes to greet her, especially a child. She once almost knocked over a kid who wanted to pet her, but thankfully the parent recognised that it was the kid's fault for not asking and approaching abruptly. Sometimes I get the half thought of buying those leashes that say, "Please don't pet me".

Tattoos always instigate malicious thoughts in ignorant people and those who are easily impressionable, I fully agree with you on that one. Regarding your sentiment for people petting your dog without your permission, that has happened to me far too many times. My Stella is a very excitable dog as well (since she's a rescue and is so appreciative of everything and full of energy) and she sometimes can be a bit too overpowering/overbearing when someone comes to greet her, especially a child. She once almost knocked over a kid who wanted to pet her, but thankfully the parent recognised that it was the kid's fault for not asking and approaching abruptly. Sometimes I get the half thought of buying those leashes that say, "Please don't pet me".

I personally don't think those leashes even work.  Best way to scare people off is having a muzzle on your dog, but that's so cruel to the dog :( Especially if the dog can do without one.