Harvest point bug/glitch?

DamagingRob

I made it to the end of the game, a couple of days ago, and found I was one harvest point short of 100%. I thought I had been pretty thorough, since I was exploring every inch, for the map completion trophy. And had used a faq, the whole way, so I wouldn't miss the missable trophies. But I figured I'd double check. 

First, I compared my maps, to these: http://imgur.com/a/a8Xdy. Didn't look like I was missing anything, so I decided to just run through every area, again. So, with my ingame mini-map and Backdated Future's faq on Gamefaqs, I did just that. I hit every one listed, that was either in it, or on my map. Still no trophy..

I'm pretty much out of ideas, since I don't think I've missed any, and may be stuck at 99.6%. Some of the folks, in this thread, reported it popping, on their Nightmare playthrough.  So, once I've cleaned up the rest of the trophies, I might start one, and hope I get lucky. 

But is this a bug/glitch, where I've hit them all, but one isn't registering? I really do hate bugged or glitched trophies. So much. 

Edited by DamagingRob

Hmmm... this is the first time that I've read that this trophy is bugged or glitched... I got this trophy before my Nightmare Run... missed a resource point in the world map and a dungeon even thought I had 100% map...

hmmm.. have you tried searching every inch of dungeons for resource points? it's kinda the only reasons I can think of since Resource Points in Dungeons aren't shown in World Map...

Not sure if it is needed but have you got all resources, common and rare, in RPs?

scratch that... noticed in my early thread that it is not needed...

Edited by jeieem

I missed 3 and thought it was glitched but I just kept searching and found them. I am leaning towards the fact that you just missed it opposed to it being glitched. You can do it! It is hard to do, even with comparing your map to it. Try pasting a complete map on paint and putting a red x through each harvest point your game map says you have. I think its even possible that you have the harvest point on your map if you went close to it but didn't actually hit it. You need to actually hit it.

It doesn't matter if you received both the common and rare resource as long as you hit it as BT said.  It's very easy to miss a resource point as Backdated Future's guide isn't complete (I used it also).  I would double check all the dungeons first as they are probably the easiest to miss since sometimes the map will fill out but it won't show the resource point unless you're close to it.

@Jeieem: Yeah, I checked all the dungeons, as well.

I think you just have to hit the points, but I did fill every blank, on every resource point, that I've found. 

@BeautifulTorment: I'll have to try that map idea. I did hit all the ones, that are on mine, though. I considered that it may not have registered, before, if only my party members had done it. 

@Quikdrawjoe: Yeah, it's missing some.. I think in one of the dungeons, he only listed 3 in the final room, when there were actually 4. :/ The numbers all add up with the top post on this page, from that Gamefaqs thread, though(unless he's also wrong). 

There was one discrepancy between his numbers and Backdated Future's, but I checked that dungeon a third time, and counted as I went. Found 14 in Ancient Burrow, like that post says, but the faq said there were only 13. All the others matched up. 

Geez.. Well, thanks a lot, for all the advice. And especially, to BeautifulTorment, for the map idea. I just found it, and the trophy popped! I had a feeling it was on the world map. Way, way near the end, where you fight the optional jungle monster. There's a rock, between two leaf harvest points, in the top right corner of the world map. Don't know how I missed it, but I did.. It wasn't on my map, either. 

@Quikdrawjoe: I used the English ones, but they look pretty much the same, except for the changes in text. I might upload my maps, if I can figure out how to do it. Just so there's ones, without those pesky chests in the way.. Not that it would have mattered, in my case, but they do cover up a few of the harvest points. 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 1

Lol. More than likely. xD Still don't know about that one poster, in the Gamefaqs thread, who swears it popped, after hitting a point he had already hit.. But, maybe his party members had hit it, and he hadn't. Or something.. 

At any rate, at least I don't have to worry about it, anymore. ^^

• 5 months later...

Geez.. Well, thanks a lot, for all the advice. And especially, to BeautifulTorment, for the map idea. I just found it, and the trophy popped! I had a feeling it was on the world map. Way, way near the end, where you fight the optional jungle monster. There's a rock, between two leaf harvest points, in the top right corner of the world map. Don't know how I missed it, but I did.. It wasn't on my map, either. 

I also finished the game with 99.6% of the harvest points discovered and it turns outI missed the exact same one. You saved me a lot of backtracking :).

• Like 1

I also finished the game with 99.6% of the harvest points discovered and it turns outI missed the exact same one. You saved me a lot of backtracking :).

It's pretty tough to see(and doesn't seem to pop up on the in game map very easily, either). ^^' Happy this was able to help you. :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I have the exact same problem as the Topic Creator. I went through every single part of the map just to be sure, but yeah....it seems to not register at all. :\

I will get back to the game eventually, but it disheartened me to go back as of yet.

I'll look into this tip, although I do recall checking before.

Edited by Atom-Sigma

• 7 years later...

So I was comparing and going piece by piece when I noticed this odd little fellow on my map. The plant icon is barely visible through the other one. However it has two blank dotted lines. Which is odd it gave me the idea though. That maybe I have all of the gathering points but I didn't get everything from them.

I'll edit again when I am sure no more resource points have dots and let you all know if it worked.

EDIT: Nope I'm still missing one. *sigh* 

Edited by esperguardian